Coronavirus - Page 165 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

11 hours ago, teecee- said:

That's me on the quarantine, flew back  from Alicante. on a flight  which had only forty passengers aboard. Mad NS has left many bewildered in the holiday resorts and is also a cause of merriment from our southern neighbours. 

Airport procedures painstaking but worth it in the end so enjoy your break. Read your book in three days and enjoyed.

Some suggestions that quarantine restrictions might be lifted for the Canaries which would be helpful to me at least. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the book m8, cheers 👍

9 hours ago, phart said:

I've been wearing a maskfor ages now, and that's as someone who used to think they were basically pointless. The evidence they aren't keeps getting stronger and stronger though especially for Covid due to how it transmits in droplets.

The same. I used to see mask wearing Asian tourists at airports and thought how ridiculous and then someone pointed out that they weren't wearing the mask to stop them getting infected but to lessen the likelihood of infecting someone else and it was just respectful towards others.  Caused a complete u-turn in my attitude and rather shameful of my ignorance and judgmentalism.

4 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Sainsbury's in Dundee today - 100% compliance. Very much not the case on previous visits. Saw a woman without a mask marching out in the huff though as we were leaving the carpark. She saw me laughing at her and started mouthing her appreciation for my input. Enthusiastically 😂

Keep it up.  My local Sainsbury in sunny Hertfordshire I reckon its no more than 5% of people wearing masks.

13 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Anyone been around shops today? Are people complying? I've worn a mask from the beginning, but I've been in the minority on every occasion I've been on a bus or in a shop. Just have a feeling there will be an element of deliberate non-compliance.

I forgor mine at the bank and they let me in, said not after today though. Think most shops are trying to enforce it, heard some say they wont force anyone as its not worth the debate and hassle.

9 hours ago, bonzo said:

I was in my local Asda last night and I would say it was 70% of people not wearing masks, maybe because it wasn't compulsory until today. People continually walking down the lanes the wrong way is getting on my wick. 

I walk to the stuff I need whatever way is quickest

13 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

What is the situation with the forms you have fill in on arrival in Spain is there one you do online or is there a physical one you hand in at say border control  ?

I'm in Ibiza just now, filled in an online form, was scanned from my phone on arrival, fairly simple. 

Face masks compulsory on the islands from Monday everywhere but beaches and pools. Think that's already the situation in Catalunya 

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I had taken off my mask as I put my shopping in the boot and then got into the car. It didn't seem to bother the taxi driver.

Sainsbury's? Taking a taxi for your messages? Pretends to stay in the Ferry? I'm starting to see a pattern here.

25 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Sainsbury's? Taking a taxi for your messages? Pretends to stay in the Ferry? I'm starting to see a pattern here.

😂 I'm more a Barnhill shops and Lidl in the town kind of a guy, but Sainsbury's do gluten free steak pies for my wee girl. To go with the Kilmarnock pies and Currie's red kola I just brought back up the road 👍. (I wasn't really in a taxi, but the rest was true 😂). There's a wee shop beside the Barnhill Co-Op that's taking a lot of local farm produce - will be heading there masked up today for lovely fresh strawberries, raspberries and potatoes 😋

7 hours ago, saintydave said:

I'm in Ibiza just now, filled in an online form, was scanned from my phone on arrival, fairly simple. 

Face masks compulsory on the islands from Monday everywhere but beaches and pools. Think that's already the situation in Catalunya 

online seems pretty straight forward just got the bar code sent to my phone did also fill in the other form just case how’s Ibiza many people over there at the minute ?

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Bojo is now considering making masks more compulsory down here😂😂

Theres going to be some seriously confused yoons and huns out there

Too right.  The dog's abuse Sturgeon gets from them for telling them to wear masks is incredible and now it looks like Johnson may well go with it as well.  I suspect the trolls will not be embarrassed and I suspect they'll not give the SNP any credit for bringing in a sensible public health measure before the UK Government.

40 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Too right.  The dog's abuse Sturgeon gets from them for telling them to wear masks is incredible and now it looks like Johnson may well go with it as well.  I suspect the trolls will not be embarrassed and I suspect they'll not give the SNP any credit for bringing in a sensible public health measure before the UK Government.

I think its been funny to watch grown adults turn a minor inconvenience into government oppression. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I think its been funny to watch grown adults turn a minor inconvenience into government oppression. 

Petty politics aside , there is a serious sense of privilege or vanity by anyone who makes a fuss about wearing a mask at this time. Really, how difficult is it ? Obviously apart from someone who has a respitatory problem which was aggravated by a mask, but I doubt people in this category would be going out much anyway at the moment. 

My daughter and her boyfriend were in Glasgow yesterday returning some clothes they had bought online, they said everyone in the shops were wearing a mask which is great to hear. 

2 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

online seems pretty straight forward just got the bar code sent to my phone did also fill in the other form just case how’s Ibiza many people over there at the minute ?

I've no reference as I've never been before, but its very quiet. Barman in our local says takings are 70% down on last year. 

5 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

😂 I'm more a Barnhill shops and Lidl in the town kind of a guy, but Sainsbury's do gluten free steak pies for my wee girl. To go with the Kilmarnock pies and Currie's red kola I just brought back up the road 👍. (I wasn't really in a taxi, but the rest was true 😂). There's a wee shop beside the Barnhill Co-Op that's taking a lot of local farm produce - will be heading there masked up today for lovely fresh strawberries, raspberries and potatoes 😋

Sainsbury doing home deliveries again (as of about 5-6 weeks ago)👍

19 hours ago, slasher said:

Some suggestions that quarantine restrictions might be lifted for the Canaries which would be helpful to me at least. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the book m8, cheers 👍

Canaries, Balearics and Costa Blanca all have better figures than Scotland. She doesn't  care as she on a mission to exterminate no matter what.

On 7/11/2020 at 7:42 AM, Orraloon said:

‘Barnhill”.😂😂   I like the honest ones that just come out and say theyre  fae Douglas. 

Florida looking to be Covid-19 champions

They have set a new record in number of daily new infections with an impressive 15,300

Welcome to Hell indeed