Coronavirus - Page 164 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

19 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I think everyone needs to look at their own circumstances and make a judgement from there.

I am going to Prague , a city, and if it Ā was next week I wouldnt go as there are , for me, too many restrictions in place for getting about and doing things . For me, thatĀ would not be enjoyable .Ā 

If I was travelling to a quiet beach resort to simply relax all day and have something to eat at night then I may feel different as I dont think there would be too many restrictions round that.Ā 

OthersĀ will simply not take any chances at all as they feel the risk is not yet worth it.Ā 

I only booked this bloody tripĀ to Prague as friends from USA were coming on a European River boat cruise and asked us if we could meet themĀ in Prague. I had to tag Prague onto a holiday that was already booked, Ā so now have a Glasgow/Jersey/Luton/Poland/Prague /EdinburghĀ combo to try and navigate my way roundĀ in a pandemic. Meanwhile our friendsĀ cruise has been cancelled !Ā 

And as a final great big GIRUY, we fly to Prague the day AFTER Scotland play the nations cup game there šŸ™„

Ā 

I've got flights booked to Athens in September, but I think I'm going to change them to next year. Should be able to do that for very low cost.Ā 

Also had a trip with mates to Dublin booked at the end of August. Might just let that one drop tbh. Take the hit for flights, it was only Ā£70 or so.

On 7/8/2020 at 4:52 PM, slasher said:

We fly out on Sunday. The island we are going to has had 7 cases and zero deaths throughout the whole pandemic. If wee Nic wants me to quarantine when I get back fair enough. It'll cost me 9 days annual leave I could do with hanging onto but other than that I'm not arsed. šŸ™…ā€ā™‚ļø

That's me on the quarantine, flew back Ā from Alicante. on a flightĀ  which had only forty passengers aboard. Mad NS has left many bewildered in the holiday resorts and is also a cause of merriment from our southern neighbours.Ā 

Airport procedures painstaking but worth it in the end so enjoy your break. Read your book in three days and enjoyed.

58 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Anyone been around shops today? Are people complying? I've worn a mask from the beginning, but I've been in the minority on every occasion I've been on a bus or in a shop. Just have a feeling there will be an element of deliberate non-compliance.

Masks make sense and it is probably a reaction to us constantlyĀ  being told what to do byĀ the Dear Leader. In Spain, although not compulsory to wear in all situations you must always carry a mask. Failure to do so and the fine is 1000 euros.

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Anyone been around shops today? Are people complying? I've worn a mask from the beginning, but I've been in the minority on every occasion I've been on a bus or in a shop. Just have a feeling there will be an element of deliberate non-compliance.

My mum works in retail (pharmacy) and said she was pleasantly surprised at the amount of people who are wearing them regularly.

She thought that "the young wans" wouldn't comply but she said they are actually the ones who always wear them without fail.

She does get inĀ a few huffy "what's all the fuss about" middle aged folks who think the danger is all over and there is no need for masks.Ā 

1 hour ago, teecee- said:

That's me on the quarantine, flew back Ā from Alicante. on a flightĀ  which had only forty passengers aboard. Mad NS has left many bewildered in the holiday resorts and is also a cause of merriment from our southern neighbours.Ā 

Airport procedures painstaking but worth it in the end so enjoy your break. Read your book in three days and enjoyed.

What is the situation with the forms you have fill in on arrival in Spain is there one you do online or is there a physical one you handĀ in at say border control Ā ?

I've been wearing a maskfor ages now, and that's as someone who used to think they were basically pointless. The evidence they aren't keeps getting stronger and stronger though especially for Covid due to how it transmits in droplets.

59 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Masks make sense and it is probably a reaction to us constantlyĀ  being told what to do byĀ the Dear Leader. In Spain, although not compulsory to wear in all situations you must always carry a mask. Failure to do so and the fine is 1000 euros.

Balearics it's now compulsory in all open spaces. Not on beach or in swimming pool, and obvsĀ take them off to eat and drink.

1 hour ago, wheres the pies said:

What is the situation with the forms you have fill in on arrival in Spain is there one you do online or is there a physical one you handĀ in at say border control Ā ?

Last week at Alicante airport I had to hand a completed locater form in, this gives your whereabouts in Spain and contact numbers. Ryanair alerted me to this the day before I was due to fly. Best check with airline.

22 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Last week at Alicante airport I had to hand a completed locater form in, this gives your whereabouts in Spain and contact numbers. Ryanair alerted me to this the day before I was due to fly. Best check with airline.

Thanks Iā€™ve printed of the locater form flying to Alicante next weekĀ 

Was in my local Asda last night and would say probably about 70% of customers were wearing coverings of some sort. What was notable was the vast majority of those not wearing them were 50+. Very few in this age range were wearing them.Ā Ā 

Is it a Boomer thing or what? Appreciate there are certain circumstances that exempt people from wearing but felt more an attitude thingĀ 

4 minutes ago, McDange said:

Was in my local Asda last night and would say probably about 70% of customers were wearing coverings of some sort. What was notable was the vast majority of those not wearing them were 50+. Very few in this age range were wearing them.Ā Ā 

Is it a Boomer thing or what? Appreciate there are certain circumstances that exempt people from wearing but felt more an attitude thingĀ 

I was in my local Asda last night and I would say it was 70% of people not wearing masks, maybe because it wasn't compulsory until today. People continually walking down the lanes the wrong way is getting on my wick.Ā 

1 hour ago, bonzo said:

I was in my local Asda last night and I would say it was 70% of people not wearing masks, maybe because it wasn't compulsory until today. People continually walking down the lanes the wrong way is getting on my wick.Ā 

šŸ˜‚ listen to Victor Meldrew , the aisle polis .Ā Ā 
I didnt even know there was a system, I just walk any directionĀ in Morrisons.Ā 

Ok, can someone explain to me why this is allowed as I think I must be missing something.

A furloughed person gets 80% of their wages paid by the government, but cannot work for the companyĀ during that time. Ā 

Yet they are allowed to take aĀ job in another company so long as that company does not have staff furloughed. So they are effectively getting 2 wages, one being 80% of their salary paid by the government for doing nothing.Ā 

Can someone pleaae tell me its not as simple as this ?Ā 
Ā 

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

That's almost exactly what l said to Mrs BĀ šŸ¤£Ā christ I'm getting auldšŸ˜­

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

My supermarket doesn't have a one way system either. Must be just the busier places?

6 minutes ago, bonzo said:

That's almost exactly what l said to Mrs BĀ šŸ¤£Ā christ I'm getting auldšŸ˜­

šŸ˜‚ anyone whose heard ofĀ Victor Meldrew is old.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

My supermarket doesn't have a one way system either. Must be just the busier places?

I dont know, my supermarket is pretty busy and I am pretty certain there isnt a system apart from the checkout aisle.Ā 
They need to mix up a bit,Ā Ā I think it would be quite scary walking round a supermarketĀ , everyone with masks on walking in the same direction.

Asda in Linwood is scary enough at the best of times.Ā 

52 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

šŸ˜‚ anyone whose heard ofĀ Victor Meldrew is old.Ā 

I dont know, my supermarket is pretty busy and I am pretty certain there isnt a system apart from the checkout aisle.Ā 
They need to mix up a bit,Ā Ā I think it would be quite scary walking round a supermarketĀ , everyone with masks on walking in the same direction.

Asda in Linwood is scary enough at the best of times.Ā 

I would have thought more scary with mask off.

Ā 

2 hours ago, bonzo said:

You can see a few folk realise they are away in the wrong direction but when they encounter someone coming toward them in the right direction, they shift as far over as possible and break into thatĀ madĀ Ā power walk, semi jog thing, as if they have just realised their error and in some way offering a token apology. Mental šŸ˜‚Ā 

Probably that Tyder lassie is one of them. šŸ¤”

Sainsbury's in Dundee today - 100% compliance. Very much not the case on previous visits. Saw a woman without a mask marching out in the huff though as we were leaving the carpark. She saw me laughing at her and started mouthing her appreciation for my input. EnthusiasticallyĀ šŸ˜‚

Edited by killiefaetheferry

16 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Sainsbury's in Dundee today - 100% compliance. Very much not the case on previous visits. Saw a woman without a mask marching out in the huff though as we were leaving the carpark. She saw me laughing at her and started mouthing her appreciation for my input. EnthusiasticallyĀ šŸ˜‚

Aha......... how did she see you laughing if you had your mask on? I'm getting you reported to the mask police.

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

You can see a few folk realise they are away in the wrong direction but when they encounter someone coming toward them in the right direction, they shift as far over as possible and break into thatĀ madĀ Ā power walk, semi jog thing, as if they have just realised their error and in some way offering a token apology. Mental šŸ˜‚Ā 

Probably that Tyder lassie is one of them. šŸ¤”

Was in the car with Mr Tidy the other day and we stopped at an M&S food outlet. I went in and got a loafĀ then gotĀ Ā back in theĀ car.
He says ā€˜ you do realise you just ignoredĀ that massive queue and walked straight in the shop ?ā€™.

I said what queue ?

He then pointed to a queue ofĀ about 15 people, one of them of policeman.Ā 
I never even seen the queue. He said the folk were all rolling their eyes.Ā 

32 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Was in the car with Mr Tidy the other day and we stopped at an M&S food outlet. I went in and got a loafĀ then gotĀ Ā back in theĀ car.
He says ā€˜ you do realise you just ignoredĀ that massive queue and walked straight in the shop ?ā€™.

I said what queue ?

Maybe a trip to Barnard Castle is in order?

37 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I said what queue ?

Typical Boomer ;)