Coronavirus - Page 161 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

Just now, Toepoke said:

TBF I've had the Radio Scotland phone in on in the background and every caller I've heard has been fully behind the decision to extend the face covering requirement.

Even the presenters????? Away tae fuk. :lol:

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Neither side of the border handled care homes well but compare the shit Scotland got compared to slipping this out the day the pubs open.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53280011

Cynical horrible bastards. 

The state broadcaster are simply not hiding their constant misreporting and attacks on the SG.

Absolute disgrace

If you think this is a lie

The question you have to ask is why

"Scotland's champion"  (London owned)Image

13 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

If you think this is a lie

The question you have to ask is why

"Scotland's champion"  (London owned)Image

Only a moron would travel to England for a beer at this time and only a rag like the Record would try to make a story from it.  
The same folk that supposedly were going to travel to England to stock up on alcohol to save 5p when the minimum price came into force.  

1 hour ago, King Of Paisley said:

The state broadcaster are simply not hiding their constant misreporting and attacks on the SG.

Absolute disgrace

I dont watch the news much but have caught The Nine a couple of times recently.
Both times they have had a guy from Edinburgh Airport on, seething about the flight situation . He doesn't even try to hide his dislike for the SG. Last night he was saying airlines would pull out of Scotland  blah blah blah, threatening all sorts of stuff. He is interested in the airports and the economy, which is fine as of course it is important, but that is all he seems interested in. 

I only yesterday about Bojo’s dad travelling to Greece via Bulgaria, to avoid the ban on flights from the UK to Greece. 
He said his trip was ‘essential’ as he has a holiday home he needs to prepare for letting out under the new guidelines. 
Yet another guy cant go to Greece to his grand fathers funeral as it is classed as non essential .

Is this true and if so why has has more not been made of it ? 

23 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I only yesterday about Bojo’s dad travelling to Greece via Bulgaria, to avoid the ban on flights from the UK to Greece. 
He said his trip was ‘essential’ as he has a holiday home he needs to prepare for letting out under the new guidelines. 
Yet another guy cant go to Greece to his grand fathers funeral as it is classed as non essential .

Is this true and if so why has has more not been made of it ? 

Think I read somewhere when BJ was asked about it he replied "ask him" (His father). It's ridiculous what these feckers are getting away with. They don't need to answer to anyone. The Dominic Cummins carry on was soon fish supper paper.

I’ve just had some recent research flagged up to me. One from France, One from the USA, one from Singapore. The USA one is published in Cell, the other two are in pre print so have not been peer reviewed, and all of them are small number studies. So all of these should be viewed with caution, not as a ‘this is fact!’, but as ‘this may be promising we should look further’ research.

I’ve never been a biological or medical scientist, my areas of study have been physics, astronomy, environment and economics to a greater or lesser degree in each (although I’ve managed some biotech projects),so its a push of my understanding reading these and any finer details, I will have missed!

What they seem to indicate is that there may be a degree of cross ‘immunity’ from previous infection by one of the four endemic human coronaviruses which are usually grouped with the common cold via some kind of T cell mechanism. 

So this is hopeful, but should be treated with a huge amount of caution.

https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S009 ... 20)30610-3

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 1.full.pdf

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 1.full.pdf

9 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Think I read somewhere when BJ was asked about it he replied "ask him" (His father). It's ridiculous what these feckers are getting away with. They don't need to answer to anyone. The Dominic Cummins carry on was soon fish supper paper.

If scotland doesnt jump at the chance of independence with this current tory government, it never will.

The disdain this lot show for scotland even the working class in england is beyond belief

27 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Its all such a great laugh isnt it. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2020/jul/03/boris-johnson-repeatedly-refuses-to-comment-on-fathers-trip-to-greece-during-lockdown-video

31 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If scotland doesnt jump at the chance of independence with this current tory government, it never will.

The disdain this lot show for scotland even the working class in england is beyond belief

!00%. I try hard to understand why people vote for them up here or anywhere to be honest and can't work it out. Starting to think I'm missing something.

22 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Please excuse my language. The man, his party and the cunts that support him are a fuckin joke. Even the interviewer is a total prick. Fuck them all.

19 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Absolute fud of a man. I hope his comeuppance is sooner rather than later. 

Saw Boris wouldn't take the knee because the JCB driving; Japanese school kid rugby tackling; plane painting; fish waving; corona touching; zipline skooting twat doesn't believe in gestures!

Edited by ThistleWhistle

19 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Please excuse my language. The man, his party and the cunts that support him are a fuckin joke. Even the interviewer is a total prick. Fuck them all.

Completely agree. The interviewer couldn’t be further up his arse. 

2 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Absolute fud of a man. I hope his comeuppance is sooner rather than later. 

This is a 79 yr old man, therefore in a high risk group. His son is the PM , who has ( we are led to believe) been seriously ill in hospital with Covid-19 only weeks ago and his governments advice is to avoid all but essential travel.
His father travels to his holiday home, in another country, a country that has banned all flights from the UK , under the banner that  letting his holiday home is essential . 
And this country just rolls over time after time. 

19 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Completely agree. The interviewer couldn’t be further up his arse. 

LBC to be fair do have a fairly large spread of political views amongst their presenters.  Nick Ferrari is pretty well known as being a supporter of the Tories - which is why Johnson would agree to go on his show - as is Ian Dale.   Following him though is James O'Brien who could hardly be any more different as is Sheila Fogerty, and then Eddie Mair, who generally gives everyone a hard time.

I don't tend to listen to it that much as I generally don't like phone-in style format but whenever I do listen its pretty decent in terms of its output.  NIght and day from other talk-radio style stations which just try to be outrageous and controversial to attract listeners.

The BBC could learn a lot from them.

All week ive said i wony go to the local on the first day its open because it will be too busy. Went for a walk, saw it was quite quiet, now sitting with a nice pint in the pub gazeebo on my own😂

2 hours ago, aaid said:

LBC to be fair do have a fairly large spread of political views amongst their presenters.  Nick Ferrari is pretty well known as being a supporter of the Tories - which is why Johnson would agree to go on his show - as is Ian Dale.   Following him though is James O'Brien who could hardly be any more different as is Sheila Fogerty, and then Eddie Mair, who generally gives everyone a hard time.

I don't tend to listen to it that much as I generally don't like phone-in style format but whenever I do listen its pretty decent in terms of its output.  NIght and day from other talk-radio style stations which just try to be outrageous and controversial to attract listeners.

The BBC could learn a lot from them.

I will take your word for it that LBC is normally of decent standard, I dont listen to it at all. 

I dont mind his Tory pals sucking up to him and much hilarity if the discussion was about his dads performance on I’m A Celebrity or Gogglebox, but to be so dismissive that government guidelines have been disregarded by his father during a pandemic stinks of complete and utter arrogance from all of them.
He would command a bit of respect if he had the balls to criticise him,  but as usual he just evades the question. 

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I will take your word for it that LBC is normally of decent standard, I dont listen to it at all. 

I dont mind his Tory pals sucking up to him and much hilarity if the discussion was about his dads performance on I’m A Celebrity or Gogglebox, but to be so dismissive that government guidelines have been disregarded by his father during a pandemic stinks of complete and utter arrogance from all of them.
He would command a bit of respect if he had the balls to criticise him,  but as usual he just evades the question. 

Fair point - I guess the alternative is that if there's no tame presenters, then he won't do any interviews at all.  At least this way people get their own opportunity to make their own minds up about what he's saying - as you have done.

Edited by aaid