Coronavirus - Page 157 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

44 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

The virus in Scotland has been suppressed to the same level as Ireland.

But that's irrelevant because of the great union dividend that is being shackled to Tory England....

cov.jpg

Quite right too. Very sensible.

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

But that's irrelevant because of the great union dividend that is being shackled to Tory England....

cov.jpg

Presumably the use of Britain is deliberate there, ie., doesn't apply to cross border travel to/from NI.

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Presumably the use of Britain is deliberate there, ie., doesn't apply to cross border travel to/from NI.

Ahh, good spot. That will be correct.

Why would you even go there, look at the fucking state of it, thats a fucking nightmare of a day out. Imagine actually wanting to go and mingle in that. Far too many folk, even if we werent in a pandemic

29 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Heading for a massive spike in England. I’m seeing much better adherence to face coverings on public transport today. Think some people needed to get used to it, get their hands on ppe or grab a wee scarf or something. I hope the Scottish police clamp down hard this weekend if required.

It's been out of the window here for a few weeks and nothing being done to try and stop it.

i was speaking to a mate of mine yesterday.  He had a day off on Monday and went out for a walk along the Thames in the afternoon with his wife and kids.

They went past, what in normal times is a pretty popular riverside pub with a big beer garden - this is in the country, not the middle of London.   The pub itself isn't open, nor is the beer garden but the pub can sell beer as take-out so long as you drink it off the premises.  He reckoned there were about 50 folk all outside the pub getting pissed up

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

It's been out of the window here for a few weeks and nothing being done to try and stop it.

i was speaking to a mate of mine yesterday.  He had a day off on Monday and went out for a walk along the Thames in the afternoon with his wife and kids.

They went past, what in normal times is a pretty popular riverside pub with a big beer garden - this is in the country, not the middle of London.   The pub itself isn't open, nor is the beer garden but the pub can sell beer as take-out so long as you drink it off the premises.  He reckoned there were about 50 folk all outside the pub getting pissed up

Great British common sense at work

22 hours ago, slasher said:

It's all a good laugh on here till you criticise Scotgov. Going from saying schools 'unlikely to be back to normal before next summer' to business as usual in 6 weeks is a massive 'u turn' with massive implications like it or not. 

🤔 wtf , did I miss miss that day ?

😊

19 hours ago, thplinth said:

...on anything.

Though its good to see Thplinth is cheering up a bit. That was surprisingly restrained. 

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

I said to him - "What did you do?" - his answer "got a pint obviously", but he said they went well away from the crowds.

I wasnt referring to tour mate, i meant the numpties queuing to get a pint and the fannies at bournemouth beach 👍🏼

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I wasnt referring to tour mate, i meant the numpties queuing to get a pint and the fannies at bournemouth beach 👍🏼

No problem, I did point out to him that maybe he was part of the problem.   TBF, he had put pics on Facebook earlier and there wasn't anyone else around.

25 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Ayr Beach today. I cannot seem to post a picture upright 🙄

773E5475-EA7D-4CB8-B51B-52EC26A47328.jpeg.bd70803cdf1162f45ad7e5adbcfe6067.jpeg

I've seen Ayr beach from that angle a few times 🤪. I cycled along Barassie, Troon and Prestwick beaches last night, Barassie was chalka. 

Edited by bonzo

11 minutes ago, bonzo said:

I've seen Ayr beach from that angle a few times 🤪. I cycled along Barassie, Troon and Prestwick beaches last night, Barassie was chalka. 

😂

It was upright when I took it , Mr Tidy was going for a paddle . 
From what I could see there were busier sections than that , but everyone looked a fair distance apart , much more than 2 metres. 

I suppose we are less congested up here , but how anyone would choose to go to that beach in Bournemouth is beyond me. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I suppose we are less congested up here , but how anyone would choose to go to that beach in Bournemouth is beyond me. 

Rare footage of Mr and Mrs Tidier arriving at Bournemouth beach yesterday....

jaws.gif

14 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Rare footage of Mr and Mrs Tidier arriving at Bournemouth beach yesterday....

jaws.gif

😂😂  CHAV ATTACK ! 

Wish I looked as chic as Mrs Brody on the beach. The hat is the only similarity. 
We took a wee wooden chair with us. Mr Tidy went for a paddle and I sat on the chair with my kindle, he  said ‘ dont lean back its not very stable. ‘ 
I put it against the wall but after a while I was too warm so turned it away from the sun and sat back down. 
Next thing I am lying  on my back ,  clinging to the arms  of the chair with my legs splayed in the air and my dress at my waist . I was mortified. Folk around were sniggering. Thankfully there werent many. 
I tried to get up but its not that easy getting out of an upside down chair on the sand. I was writhing about going nowhere like a beached whale, my hat amazingly still firmly on my head. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

😂😂  CHAV ATTACK ! 

Wish I looked as chic as Mrs Brody on the beach. The hat is the only similarity. 
We took a wee wooden chair with us. Mr Tidy went for a paddle and I sat on the chair with my kindle, he  said ‘ dont lean back its not very stable. ‘ 
I put it against the wall but after a while I was too warm so turned it away from the sun and sat back down. 
Next thing I am lying  on my back ,  clinging to the arms  of the chair with my legs splayed in the air and my dress at my waist . I was mortified. Folk around were sniggering. Thankfully there werent many. 
I tried to get up but its not that easy getting out of an upside down chair on the sand. I was writhing about going nowhere like a beached whale, my hat amazingly still firmly on my head. 

Funnily enough I saw a good tweet about Jaws in relation to COVID - basically saying that Nicola Sturgeon was Chief Brody - the Roy Schneider character - in wanting to keep people off the beaches where as Boris Johnson was the mayor wanting to open up the economy.    Anyway, I thought it was an interesting comparison.

Zero deaths recorded yesterday - first time on a weekday since the start of the pandemic.

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

Funnily enough I saw a good tweet about Jaws in relation to COVID - basically saying that Nicola Sturgeon was Chief Brody - the Roy Schneider character - in wanting to keep people off the beaches where as Boris Johnson was the mayor wanting to open up the economy.    Anyway, I thought it was an interesting comparison.

Zero deaths recorded yesterday - first time on a weekday since the start of the pandemic.

Aaid, are you politely telling me I have been a naughty girl and have moved over to the side of  capitalist pigs  🙄( rolling eyes with smile on my face ..) when all I wanted,  on the only day of sun during my weeks holiday,  was a one day escape from the 14 week imprisonment 😢

That is actually a good analogy 😊

On 6/25/2020 at 1:28 PM, Dave78 said:

cov.jpg

Do you know what the actual rule is? Is the quarantine for "Britons" or is it about direct flights to/from UK?

Put another way could you get ferry to Northern Ireland and then cross into the Republic without being stopped?

Presumably they coudn't stop you at the NI/RoI border since there's no border there? and presumably not at the port as if you get on/off there you could just claim to be a Briton asserting your right to use the Queen's Highway in another part of the UK?

5 minutes ago, exile said:

Do you know what the actual rule is? Is the quarantine for "Britons" or is it about direct flights to/from UK?

Put another way could you get ferry to Northern Ireland and then cross into the Republic without being stopped?

Presumably they coudn't stop you at the NI/RoI border since there's no border there? and presumably not at the port as if you get on/off there you could just claim to be a Briton asserting your right to use the Queen's Highway in another part of the UK?

If it's like the UK then it won't make any difference as even though you're required to give your details when you book a flight and at the border, it doesn't sound as if anyone's actually checking.   Also hearing lots of reports of people driving off channel ferries and not being checked. 

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

186 today down south. I can see them having to go into lockdown again. If only we could close the border now.

Europeans class us as part of UK therefore we could be banned from travelling abroad.  The Air Bridge could be doomed.