Coronavirus - Page 154 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

lockdown measures eased even more down here as of 4th of July

Pubs to be opened on the 4th, from what I understand most were opening on the 4th anyway regardless of bojos announcement.Ā 

Two households can eat and drink together, restaurants, cinemas and museums to open too

Pressure on the SG to follow suit will be intense now.

Ā 

Schools back in AugustĀ  Ā  YIPEEE

Ā 

Ā 

In other newsĀ 

Djokovic tests positive after his tennis festival last weekend..Ā 

he is a strange one that guy ....

Edited by stocky

17 minutes ago, stocky said:

Ā 

Ā 

In other newsĀ 

Tests positive for what, though?Ā ;)

Ā 

1 hour ago, stocky said:

Ā 

Ā 

In other newsĀ 

We've been told initially that the class is split in two with half in Monday/Tuesday and the other half Wednesday/ Thursday then cleaning it Friday which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever as Tuesday's kids could lick the desks and Wednesday's would be face deep in it. Ā 

If a day to clean it is so essential it should be in the middle of the week or if there doesn't need to be cleaning in-between the bubbles then it can be done over the weekend and gives them the 5th day to teach again. Ā  Ā 

Hopefully the numbers stay low enough that they can scrap this blended nonsense pronto. Ā 

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Hahaha all his gains are from his gluten free diet ..Ā 

What was the match Murray was battering him and he looked dead on his arse then one of his coaches in the crowd chucked him a 'supplement' where he turned into a duracel bunny again?Ā  Murray's head went but there was something deeply not right about that unless he's got Oscar nominee acting skills. Ā 

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

What was the match Murray was battering him and he looked dead on his arse then one of his coaches in the crowd chucked him a 'supplement' where he turned into a duracel bunny again?Ā  Murray's head went but there was something deeply not right about that unless he's got Oscar nominee acting skills. Ā 

Must have been one of the Australian open finals? I think there was an element of gamesmanship if itā€™s the one Iā€™m thinking of, 2015 final, but I mind someone, Phart maybe posting a link about doping in tennis that basically said they were all at itĀ 

7 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Exactly. Nothing has changed apart from the ā€˜messagingā€™.

Technically that might be correct but the difference in perception is huge. Iā€™ve kept across the whole thing since the start and up until this afternoon there was no public suggestion that schools would be back to normal in August. All communication from schools this week was ā€œyour child WILL (emphasis mine) be doing this, that and the other,ā€ not ā€œweā€™ve set this up but we expect kids to be back as normalā€. The expectation amongst parents now is that kids will be back as normal, whereas 8 hours ago they were stressing about how theyā€™d cope with home schooling their kids until October.

I agree that the message has changed. Iā€™ve also kept quite close to developments in this area. The public mood was very negative on this issue and they have responded very cleverly. They have retained a clear ā€˜ifā€™ as part of the message. Schools have been aware of the possibility of a full return whilst making plans for blended. Currently classrooms are set up for blended with signs up saying how many are allowed in each room at one time. Not a huge job to change it again though. EIS not too happy but political expediency has won the day.

It's an absolute cluster fuck from Swinney. He's done a complete 180 in a week ffs! The logistics behind this are huge never mind teaching prep. As an SNP supporter generally I'm none too happy at how this has been handled. šŸ˜•

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Must have been one of the Australian open finals? I think there was an element of gamesmanship if itā€™s the one Iā€™m thinking of, 2015 final, but I mind someone, Phart maybe posting a link about doping in tennis that basically said they were all at itĀ 

I canny mind what game it was, but yeah I think Murray was beating him easily and he started feigning injury a bit and made himself look tired, then he came back really strong and Murray was raging, shouting at himself and Novak as he knew what he was up to but was still letting it get to him, then bottled it.

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I feel sorry for John Swinney. Hands are tied with the safety aspect. Now parents have raised expectations due to the pressure of public perception. Iā€™ll stick to my opinion that nothing has factually changed in regard to a full return being allowed IF it is safe to do so.

Isn't the difference now, though, that the implication of what's been said today is that if it wasn't the school holidays this week then schools could reopen as normal with the current state of play? That might not have been what they were trying to say but every parent I know has taken it that way: if things are the same in August as they are now then kids will go back to school full time. That's a very, very different mindset to the one everyone had yesterday when there was no definition of what would be considered "safe" and certainly no indication that the current status was good enough.

I feel for the School staff. Wife got an email from the school today at lunchtime detailing what group and days (2 per week) my Daughter would be in school and then another email about protocols, detailed informationĀ etc.... fast forward 3 hours and the announcement of full 5 day return of School.

13 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

We've been told initially that the class is split in two with half in Monday/Tuesday and the other half Wednesday/ Thursday then cleaning it Friday which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever as Tuesday's kids could lick the desks and Wednesday's would be face deep in it. Ā 

If a day to clean it is so essential it should be in the middle of the week or if there doesn't need to be cleaning in-between the bubbles then it can be done over the weekend and gives them the 5th day to teach again. Ā  Ā 

Hopefully the numbers stay low enough that they can scrap this blended nonsense pronto. Ā 

Are you saying they are only cleaning once a week? I would have thought that every day should be cleaning day. Have these teachers learnt fuk all over the past few months? Any surfaces that are being used by lots of different people should be getting cleaned regularly. If they are allocating a day every week just for cleaning, that means they must think they are not doing it properly during all the other days.Ā Ā 

Ā 

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

There are two things which are pretty much guaranteed in education.

1. It doesn't matter what happens, teachers will moan like fuk about it.
  2. It doesn't matter what happens parents,Ā will moan like fuk about it.

Point number one, above; if your phrasing suggests that teachers provide valuable contextual perspective, then I tend to agree with you. Point number 2 is just the law.

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

There are two things which are pretty much guaranteed in education.

1. It doesn't matter what happens, teachers will moan like fuk about it.
  2. It doesn't matter what happens parents,Ā will moan like fuk about it.

On this occasion they are fully entitled to moan. A week ago Swinney said it was unlikely schools would be back to normal before next summer and next year's exam diet was under threat. Thousands of pounds and man hours have been spent on social distancing prep. To give you one example I know of, one school has 1500 items of furniture lying in a gym hall having been carried down 3 flights of stairs that may have to be returned at short notice. Swinney then waits till the last day of term to change tact and I've no doubt he's bent under pressure from the Tories and parents alike. He's put a lot of people under tremendous pressure and if the system buckles he should pay with his job.Ā 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Are you saying they are only cleaning once a week? I would have thought that every day should be cleaning day. Have these teachers learnt fuk all over the past few months? Any surfaces that are being used by lots of different people should be getting cleaned regularly. If they are allocating a day every week just for cleaning, that means they must think they are not doing it properly during all the other days.Ā Ā 

Ā 

In fairness our school is really good and canā€™t be easy but we got the note about 3 hours before the U-Turn and it didnā€™t make any sense other than getting a cheeky Friday off.Ā 

Ā 

P1-3 are in ā€˜bubblesā€™ where they wonā€™t socially distance so group A Mon/Tue slobbering on each other and group B Wed/Thur and then a deeper clean on Friday which Iā€™m not sure who carriers out but donā€™t think itā€™s the teachers.Ā  If a deep clean is needed it should be on a Wednesday or it doesnā€™t make sense.Ā  If it doesnā€™t need a deep clean between groups, and teachers arenā€™t doing the cleaning, then it makes no sense losing a day of the teaching week to do it as could be done over weekend.Ā 

Ā 

Wouldnā€™t be hugely surprised if we still go back blended to begin with as theyā€™ve not had time to change it prior to holidays.Ā  Ā