Coronavirus - Page 145 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

15 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Still nobody answered the question where the virus started.  Not one person on here.  It is all UK fault, all USA fault.  All Italy etc.  Nobody is prepared to say where it came from.  Anyone???  Postcards please.

Your strawman arguments are a bit tedious at this stage so I will pass , as you clearly aren't interested in availing yourself of any sort of answer that in anyway puts UK plc in a bad light - ignorance is bliss enjoy the bliss

27 minutes ago, Newryrep said:

Your strawman arguments are a bit tedious at this stage so I will pass , as you clearly aren't interested in availing yourself of any sort of answer that in anyway puts UK plc in a bad light - ignorance is bliss enjoy the bliss

Aye ok.  This virus is because of the UK.  May as well leave it at that.  In my ignorance.

53 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Still nobody answered the question where the virus started.  Not one person on here.  It is all UK fault, all USA fault.  All Italy etc.  Nobody is prepared to say where it came from.  Anyone???  Postcards please.

Not been on here so much in the last year or two so haven't encountered this comedic combination of Alan, a three year old and challenged cocker spaniel before. Interesting.

2 minutes ago, biffer said:

Not been on here so much in the last year or two so haven't encountered this comedic combination of Alan, a three year old and challenged cocker spaniel before. Interesting.

Maybe you can enlighten us then who is to blame for this virus.  But you wont.  Like most repliers to this subject you will respond with petty name calling.  Interesting.

6 hours ago, thplinth said:

Well that is the UK now tied with Spain at 580 deaths per million. We passed Italy a while ago now. We will surpass Spain in a day or two. After there is only Andorra (which I exclude as it is just a statelet) and Belgium at 820. Belgium will take some catching but if any country is capable of it, it is Great Britain.

I think England "officially" overtook Spain a wee while ago. 

Whilst the numbers for the rest of the UK aren't great, they do help to bring the average down a wee bit.

8 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Maybe you can enlighten us then who is to blame for this virus.  But you wont.  Like most repliers to this subject you will respond with petty name calling.  Interesting.

Don't ask me, ask CHINA

42 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Finally.  Everyone blaming the Uk when no one is blaming who started it.  Its like blaming the fire service for not putting a fire out right.

Poverty is to blame

Could have started anywhere just like the next one

Okay latest figures, the UK has now overtaken Spain for deaths per million.  I'm absolutely blaming the Tories, this Tory Government because of years of underfunding the NHS, not learning from history (I'm sure there were even posts on this message board about the centenary of Spanish Flu), paying sod all attention to Operation Cygnus, sitting on its collective arse when Covid-19 was ravaging Italy (we had warning!), allowing tens of thousand of people to jet into the UK and not self-isolate, not locking down quick enough when a blind man could see what was happening, ditching track and tracing at the first possible opportunity, bare faced lying to the electorate, being chronically abysmal in its communications strategy and public health messages, refusing to sack Cummings and sending out the message you can now do what ever you want, all underwritten by a massive delusional dose of BritNat racism and caused by a bunch of narcissistic psychopaths who really don't seem to give a toss.  I'm not blaming the Government for people dying but I am blaming them for the amounts of death.  It was their responsibility and they failed, they have blood on their hands.

image.png.399759a577a1fb2572f608146a07fea8.png

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Finally.  Everyone blaming the Uk when no one is blaming who started it.  Its like blaming the fire service for not putting a fire out right.

You live in a nice house in a nice little street 

Mr Rice 10 doors down, his house goes on fire, but he is a bit secretive and tells people there is no fire, the fire now has complete control of the house, and has spread to the front and back garden fences, he now admits that there is a small fire, but everything is cool. All the neighbours can see thats utter BS and start planning.

Some clever neighbours say to themselves

Im not having my house on fire, so Mr Pho, whose house is right next door, takes off some of his fence panels and he survives just fine, no damage, clever chap.

Meanwhile Mr Pasta, Mr Paella and Mr Baguette all live a lot further away, and despite having more time to prepare, still make a complete arse of it, and suffer massive losses. Theres error after error, some good decisions, but mainly bad.

Mr Hamburger goes to the golf course and doesn't care if his house burns down, he didnt like the people in it anyway.

Lastly Mr Pie who has seen Mr Pasta, Mr Paella and Mr Baguette suffer losses from close up, is too stupid to do anything really, he then panics and gets the fire brigade involved, but they put the fire out with petrol, and oh you bastard, it doesn't work, everything they do make it worse. His house is burned down, but its ok as he was at someone else house watching.

Meanwhile, Mr Rice is now back to normal.

Edited by kumnio

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

What do you mean, who started it? It's a virus. It started itself. Unless you think human agents deliberately created it?

But you earlier said "I just don't like people getting the blame for peoples deaths." so why ask "who started it?"

7 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Not the time for a blame game imo.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.  I am not a politician but none of these people no matter your political view would have foreseen this.  It is a crying shame about the people that have died.  And yes, in hindsight the governments from this and most other countries could have done more. 

You seem to be saying it's easy to blame people in hindsight. I agree to some extent, in the sense it's a 'new' virus and not all the ways it's been transmitted were predictable.

But it was very clear to most people and governments what was going to happen a long time before it happened. It was not like an earthquake or tsunami that suddenly destroyed a city with no warning. We saw what happened in China, we saw what happened in continental Europe and what people were doing about it.

People were crying out for the government to act, to follow WHO advice, to test, to lock down. People in Italy were crying out, appealing to other countries to avoid their horrific fate, but we seemed to shrug, and we have ended up worse than Italy.

People have been discussing it on TAMB since January! People on here were already anticipating what action to take.

Edited by exile

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Is that what it's about blaming someone?

At the end of the day we are an island, this gives us a natural barrier against COVID-19 but money talks and the chance stop people coming in was gone. Who would you blame for that?

Ffs Rolling Eyes . 
my tuppence worth though . It was the mild mannered janitor. 

or it was one of a few laboratories, maybe in the US or in China. Or it had to do with the world military games in Wuhan last year . Or it was in the Wuhan wet markets . I know which one most right wing westerners have already decided is responsible and that’s all that matters to right wing westerners.

what we do know is that the UKers in Westminster have the WORST record of handling this. No hindsight, just observing what they have and haven’t done and their continued efforts to thwart any control of UK borders , do as yer telt jockland, that the likes of Smirky Patel are championing. 

5 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Wow. How astonishingly dumb.

And there it was, at PMQs today. Boris Johnson stating how proud he was of the UK Government's record in handling this pandemic. Proud.

Must be so proud at having the worst death toll in the world. Proud at letting Dominic Cummings drive to Durham, infected with Covid. Proud at advocating herd immunity at the very start.

What on earth did the English electorate see in this murdering, lying cunt? Are they honestly that myopic?

1 hour ago, King Of Paisley said:

And there it was, at PMQs today. Boris Johnson stating how proud he was of the UK Government's record in handling this pandemic. Proud.

Must be so proud at having the worst death toll in the world. Proud at letting Dominic Cummings drive to Durham, infected with Covid. Proud at advocating herd immunity at the very start.

What on earth did the English electorate see in this murdering, lying cunt? Are they honestly that myopic?

My jaw dropped when I watched that.   OK, it didn't.   No surprise really at all...

Like that film where Terry Thomas has to tell the young chap (confronted with a stray bra under the pillow) just to front up with a lie, deny, lie, deny, lie...

Except Terry Thomas could perheps carry it owf.

Now.  Loveable rogue or murdering, lying cunt?   Should we start a vote?

49 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

My jaw dropped when I watched that.   OK, it didn't.   No surprise really at all...

Like that film where Terry Thomas has to tell the young chap (confronted with a stray bra under the pillow) just to front up with a lie, deny, lie, deny, lie...

Except Terry Thomas could perheps carry it owf.

Now.  Loveable rogue or murdering, lying cunt?   Should we start a vote?

A loveable rogue doesn't wash his hands of 60,000 lives

Like her or hate her, NS has felt real pain on this. Particularly the care homes situation.

This is a national tragedy. Yet the BBC and other compliant media still won't skewer that lying cunt BoJo. 

Ok Ok.  Maybe I was wrong for once!!  I actually like watching Piers Morgan on this debate.  The tories have definitely made mistakes that have cost lives.  But probably so have we in Scotland.  I have joined the NS appreciation society on FB as I think she is doing a good job in these circumstances.  TBH I switch the TV off when it comes to the news these days.  I used to love a Sunday morning watching Andrew Marr and the Scotland political programmes.  But just switched off lately.  So you guys will be more informed than me.  Right, away to have a virtual house party with Big Ramy and get pished.  Stand on.

I'm feeling a wee bit more positive with this week's numbers for Scotland. Total deaths are down to 1125 for last week, which is about 100 more than the five year average. This also closely correlates with the number of deaths with COVID mentioned on the death certificate. To me, that's a good indication that they have at least got the recording bit sorted out to some extent. 

The fear now is if the COVID numbers start to rise again as we slowly relax the lockdown. My worry is that some folk seem to think that lockdown is over, judging by some of the behaviour that I have seen. Again on the positive side, I'm hearing that the test and trace bit, although only just getting going, is going quite well so far. There won't be enough data to make any real judgements until next week. Fingers crossed that the test and trace will be successful this time round and maybe compensate for some folk who seem, IMO, to be taking unnessecary risks.

The other side of the coin is that we haven't yet seen the effect on excess deaths from other causes due to delays in treatment. That is bound to start showing up in the numbers sometime soon.

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'm feeling a wee bit more positive with this week's numbers for Scotland. Total deaths are down to 1125 for last week, which is about 100 more than the five year average. This also closely correlates with the number of deaths with COVID mentioned on the death certificate. To me, that's a good indication that they have at least got the recording bit sorted out to some extent. 

The fear now is if the COVID numbers start to rise again as we slowly relax the lockdown. My worry is that some folk seem to think that lockdown is over, judging by some of the behaviour that I have seen. Again on the positive side, I'm hearing that the test and trace bit, although only just getting going, is going quite well so far. There won't be enough data to make any real judgements until next week. Fingers crossed that the test and trace will be successful this time round and maybe compensate for some folk who seem, IMO, to be taking unnessecary risks.

The other side of the coin is that we haven't yet seen the effect on excess deaths from other causes due to delays in treatment. That is bound to start showing up in the numbers sometime soon.

The 3 week lag due to the nature of the virus always makes one a wee bit hesitant to make any definitive statements as well.

29 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Fingers crossed that the test and trace will be successful this time round and maybe compensate for some folk who seem, IMO, to be taking unnessecary risks.

cor.jpg

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I've already told all my golfing buddies that if I catch the virus, I'm taking them down with me. :lol: If I get 7 days they get 14.

Boris is on for another 2 weeks of isolation - useless bastard may as well be furloughed.