Coronavirus - Page 137 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

3 minutes ago, Newryrep said:

hardly a surprise but why this isn't front an centre is indeed a mystery and I don't buy the 'lets get through this and then have an inquiry 'bollix

They're relying on a public inquiry, which will be split into multiple stages and take 10-15 years to report - see Grenfell, Hillsborough etc.etc.

25 minutes ago, biffer said:

They're relying on a public inquiry, which will be split into multiple stages and take 10-15 years to report - see Grenfell, Hillsborough etc.etc.

If they appoint John Chilcott then we're in trouble.

That said, I'm interested in what decisions were made, when, why and by who, what the alternatives were and what the advice was and while that doesn't need to take years to get through, will take some time.

Regardless of my own personal views on them, I'm not interested in a few handy scapegoats, who probably won't be the ones most at fault.

Was having a wee look about to see what else was happening outside Coronoa

Full list of MPs who voted to lower our food standards during the Covid pandemic

Fears as Government promises for post-Brexit food and environmental standards removed from Agriculture Bill.

The most important farming legislation in generations passed its third reading in parliament despite warnings that in a bid to make the UK market pliable for a post-Brexit US trade deal, protections of minimum food safety standards have evaporated, as have safeguards for Britain’s farmers.

With most MPs still socially distanced at home, MPs passed the legislation’s third reading in a virtual vote – 360 – 211 despite guarantees of a minimum standard to protect British food – and therefor British farming – being absent from the overhaul of UK agriculture. A full list of how they voted in this crucial legislation is below.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/full-list-of-mps-who-voted-to-lower-our-food-standards-during-the-covid-pandemic/26/05/?fbclid=IwAR2g9K8ia0i70q2iuPkGjpjgJWUEFNAd9LmlbNjOcCR-kEKvFW0BwR7YHjo#.Xs4i74AmUqI.facebook

33 minutes ago, phart said:

Was having a wee look about to see what else was happening outside Coronoa

Full list of MPs who voted to lower our food standards during the Covid pandemic

Fears as Government promises for post-Brexit food and environmental standards removed from Agriculture Bill.

The most important farming legislation in generations passed its third reading in parliament despite warnings that in a bid to make the UK market pliable for a post-Brexit US trade deal, protections of minimum food safety standards have evaporated, as have safeguards for Britain’s farmers.

With most MPs still socially distanced at home, MPs passed the legislation’s third reading in a virtual vote – 360 – 211 despite guarantees of a minimum standard to protect British food – and therefor British farming – being absent from the overhaul of UK agriculture. A full list of how they voted in this crucial legislation is below.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/full-list-of-mps-who-voted-to-lower-our-food-standards-during-the-covid-pandemic/26/05/?fbclid=IwAR2g9K8ia0i70q2iuPkGjpjgJWUEFNAd9LmlbNjOcCR-kEKvFW0BwR7YHjo#.Xs4i74AmUqI.facebook

That is actually horrific. Bring on the chlorinated chicken.

53 minutes ago, phart said:

This doesn't surprise me, the Twitter bot stuff early in the piece was similar. 

What I am amazed at is how clunky it is. This is not slick, they get found out easily. Cummings editing his blog a recent example.

However it all blows over so quickly, the apathy of the general populous gives them Carte Blanche. The contempt is so blatant but nobody seems to give a fvck.

Shit, they haven't even got their claws into Brexit yet. 

No one expected the Tories to be good guys, but I thought they'd at least be pretty clever about things.

They are coming across as both inept and stupid, its sad when Teresa May looks good, is she still an MP, can she come back.

Matt Hancock laughing today is ridiculous, theres almost no one who isnt absolutely useless currently. The food standards is shocking, I don't see (I do) why this is so clearly voted on party lines, do none of these people have individual thoughts, morality, even a fucking heart. Its going to get a lot worse as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/29/covid-19-surgisphere-hydroxychloroquine-study-lancet-coronavirus-who-questioned-by-researchers-medical-professionals

Sadly it became a political football the moment Trump mentioned it.  

A lot of the reports I read about it before this happened were from Doctors using in their clinics and they were reporting it worked. 

14 hours ago, exile said:

Not to be depressing but is there a hint of an upturn in deaths in UK? I haven't seen it reported...?

image.png.3bea505dc74cf4f3c44bf2d5c8e4b092.png

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

Impact of low number of registrations due to the bank holiday I'd suspect particularly as all other key indicators are declining.

Even though the rolling seven day average will smooth daily variations out to an extent it won't remove it completely.

14 hours ago, exile said:

Not to be depressing but is there a hint of an upturn in deaths in UK? I haven't seen it reported...?

image.png.3bea505dc74cf4f3c44bf2d5c8e4b092.png

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

I saw that too, but too early to tell.   I wonder if it's just post-bank-holiday figures catching up.   Then I wondered whether Spain just had a holiday too.

Got to say its anarchy in Southside of Glasgow.

People everywhere.

Social distancing not being followed.

Loads of youngsters about in groups and drinking outside last night.

Why?

2 months lockdown worn people out.

Messages from UK & Scot Govt are harder to follow. People will follow strict guidelines but using their own logic? We expect to much from them.

WEATHER! Most important.  What a past 2 months we have had. SUN SUN SUN.

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Got to say its anarchy in Southside of Glasgow.

People everywhere.

Social distancing not being followed.

Loads of youngsters about in groups and drinking outside last night.

Why?

2 months lockdown worn people out.

Messages from UK & Scot Govt are harder to follow. People will follow strict guidelines but using their own logic? We expect to much from them.

WEATHER! Most important.  What a past 2 months we have had. SUN SUN SUN.

Agree messages are getting more complicated and the 2 week quarantine on return from holiday is ridiculous. Telling thousands of people to be economically inactive for 14 days on top of their time off is just unbelievable. Wonder if NS backs this policy?

14 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Agree messages are getting more complicated and the 2 week quarantine on return from holiday is ridiculous. Telling thousands of people to be economically inactive for 14 days on top of their time off is just unbelievable. Wonder if NS backs this policy?

Don't go abroad on holiday then, its very simple.   Given that Nicola Sturgeon has been one of the main people calling for the UKG to bring in this policy, then I think its safe to assume she supports it.

Edited by aaid

4 minutes ago, teecee- said:

I would say the fact there had been no quarantine up till now is even  more ridiculous. Tens of thousands of people coming in and out the country unchecked for 2 months whilst the rest of us are shackled  to our homes. 

Scorching sunshine and an easing of the rules was always going to be a problem. I imagine the governments are hoping there will still be a larger percentage of the population that will be more conservative in their interpretation of the easing.