Coronavirus - Page 134 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

I wouldn't wantĀ to speculate šŸ˜‰

There doesn't seem to be any obvious point to the "story", though and he even concedes that if Cummings add been there to visitĀ GSK to discuss vaccines then that would be a lot more reasonable an explanation than some cock and bull story about going out for a drive to test his eyesight.

It looks to me as if it's an exercise in obfuscation, why, I have no ideaĀ 

23rd April

GlaxoSmithKline, in Barnard Castle, enter vaccine collaboration to fight Covid-19

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/business/18400944.glaxosmithkline-barnard-castle-enter-vaccine-collaboration-fight-covid-19/

Not sure it's a muddying of already opaque waters or not.

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The thing that makes you do a double take on the Craig Murray speculationsĀ is the way they are all insanely defending Cummings when he is clearly very wrong and being a thoroughly dislikeable prick at the same time. Normally they'd just throw the cunt under the bus, reverse over him, and then move on. For some reason they dont seem willing to do that here even when he is inflicting massive damage on them all now. Amusing.

In other news the UK has now surpassed the death rate per capita in Italy. Spain next in our sights.Ā 

Read the twitter thread i posted up the page a bit, involves Cambridge Analytica, Tom Cotton (who could have been the current head of the CIA) plus the Wakefield families involvement with the same folk in Ukraine that were involved with Trump etc. Lots of weirdness going about.

2 minutes ago, phart said:

23rd April

GlaxoSmithKline, in Barnard Castle, enter vaccine collaboration to fight Covid-19

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/business/18400944.glaxosmithkline-barnard-castle-enter-vaccine-collaboration-fight-covid-19/

Not sure it's a muddying of already opaque waters or not.

Why would Dominic Cummings be in Barnard Castle on Palm Sunday with his wife and four year old kid?

is it

a. some secret and unexplained meeting with GSK about COVID19 vaccines.

b. taking a test drive to check out his eyesight before returning to London.

c. because he's an entitled twat who fancied a drive out on his wife's birthday and doesn't think the rules apply to him.

Ā 

i knowĀ which one looks the most likely to me.

I just wonder if Cummings is the squirrel.Ā  According to Coronavirus Update the UK has now surpassed Italy in terms of deaths per million:

image.png.15296e5c378d5c26b240d054a13ac4e4.png

Italy that was such a desperate disaster according to the BBC, Italy that was so shocking, so desperate, where the virus was so out of control etc.

Ā 

42 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

F12CB993-5C07-44E7-BC35-559AA691CB58.jpeg

The fact we are an island should have made it so easy to shut down and quickly

18 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

This is doing its rounds on TwitterĀ 

E715AEF7-7F7C-40CA-A79B-5216EA4CDF01.png

Apparently its not his sister

Edited by Kirk
Forgot to comment

It's not his sister just have same last name. I noticed loads of folk were posting this on loads of tweets and thought that's a bit weird it's appearing so much so quickly. So i fact checked it thinking might be misinformation and I can't find any evidence it is his sister.

49 minutes ago, Kirk said:

The fact we are an island should have made it so easy to shut down and quickly

Apparently its not his sister

I thought the track and trace app company was owned by the brother of the "super forecaster" guy that works in number 10 in some unspecified capacity and went to the SAGE meetings with Cummings. Ā These fuckers are so interconnected it's hard to keep up.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Why would Dominic Cummings be in Barnard Castle on Palm Sunday with his wife and four year old kid?

is it

a. some secret and unexplained meeting with GSK about COVID19 vaccines.

b. taking a test drive to check out his eyesight before returning to London.

c. because he's an entitled twat who fancied a drive out on his wife's birthday and doesn't think the rules apply to him.

Ā 

i knowĀ which one looks the most likely to me.

I belive c is most likely. However this is a false trichotomy it could be all 3 or none or 2. It's a poorly constructed argument.

Just now, phart said:

I belive c is most likely. However this is a false trichotomy it could be all 3 or none or 2. It's a poorly constructed argument.

Indeed it could be all three or none, but these are the only three "theories" I've seen anyone suggest, so I'll apply Occam's razor here. Ā 

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

And?

Jeez,Ā  he's done more than the rest of his party. He deserves credit for that.

Never been a fan of Ross, despise his party and their policies but fair play to him here.

Aye, on second thoughts I'm sure Douglas "I'd like to make it harder for Gypsy travellers" Ross just had a Damascene conversion to decency.

There's more to this, there's bound to be.

28 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Aye, on second thoughts I'm sure Douglas "I'd like to make it harder for Gypsy travellers" Ross just had a Damascene conversion to decency.

The theory i've seen mentioned is his travelling to Westminster despite having an "adequate" home broadband connection.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/moray/2206152/north-east-mp-blames-slow-broadband-for-return-to-house-of-commons/

9 hours ago, scotlad said:

Could say the same about anyone in politics.

That said, I still think praise is due when it's deserved. Same way criticism is due when it's deserved.

Just now, macy37 said:

Is the Scottish one not the worst per capita in the UK?Ā 

Yes, however, Scotland appears to be more truthful than the UK when you look at excess death rate.

Regardless, whilst I think NS has been a far better leader than BJ, the death rate is shameful. Some of that will be a direct result of UK wide decisions, however a lot of it falls under devolved decision making.

A total shit show throughout the UK.

23 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Is the Scottish one not the worst per capita in the UK?Ā 

No.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/#category=nations&map=rate

Even by the suspect way the UK govt. count the data:

England - 32,979 death. Population 56million = 589 deaths per million

Scotland - 2,273 deaths. Population 5.5 million = 418 deaths per million.

Still horrific.

Ā 

Ā 

21 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yes, however, Scotland appears to be more truthful than the UK when you look at excess death rate.

Regardless, whilst I think NS has been a far better leader than BJ, the death rate is shameful. Some of that will be a direct result of UK wide decisions, however a lot of it falls under devolved decision making.

The death rate is shameful but I suspect that people - not implying you're one - are looking for simple explanations when the reality is a lot more complicated. Ā  Ā A good example is the narrative that seems to be developing that moving people from hospital to care homes is responsible for the high number of death in care homes. Ā For a start, that hasn't come close to being established as a factor and a more likely explanation is that infection has been spread in care homes by staff as a result of a combination of lack of availability of testing, lack of PPE and infection control. Ā That's not to suggest that staff are to blame, I suspect they were fighting a losing battle, certainly in the early days. Ā  Then there's the pretty self evident fact that care homes by their nature are full of people who are more likely to contract it and having got it, to die.

i can't think what it must be like to have to make a decision based on advice which says, if you do this, then there's a chance that 'X' people will die, but if you don't do it then there's a chance that 'Y' people will die.

34 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Pushing 65000 now

Ā 

Greece has had 300 deaths that I though was surprising