Coronavirus - Page 116 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

10 minutes ago, phart said:

I've got a friend of a friend type situation and the care home debacle (i've been told) has a lot of folk raging. It matters little what folk say, it's what they do that's important which is why i rarely watch speeches at all, Q&A situations are slightly different.

Unless it gets lost in the upcoming Brexit omnishambles then this is going to make the BSE scandal look like a well run operation.   The fallout from this north and south of the border should be massive and rightly so.  

One thing found out yesterday was in Operation Cygnus the conclusions included insufficient PPE with recommendations made that it would have to be bought in from outside.  This  would have found its way to the Foreign Sec of the day Boris Johnson so he's potentially ignored/ fucked up the PPE problem twice!  

5 hours ago, aaid said:

I didn't see that but I did just see her on Sky being interviewed by Kay Burley, who cut across her mid answer as Matt Hancock was walking up Downing St.   

When they cut back, the FM certainly wasn't smiling.

Kay Burley. She is a horrible presenter, really poor at her job. 

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You're wired to the moon.

Pretty disturbing assumption that you have jumped to there, although given your past posting history I'm not survived.

You strike me as the wee fat know it all kid at school that even his parents hated and you've resented life ever since.

Your ‘assumption’ is totally incorrect. Good  try however.

Anyone who can’t see what Nicola is up to needs to waken up. 

53 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I received the antibody test today and covid test prior to offshore mobilisation today, very interesting to see if i have had it previously 

Do you know where the test analysis is getting done?

7 hours ago, teecee- said:

Sorry to say i'm afraid NS has been well off the pace. Other similar size countries reacted quicker and better whilst she opted to go along  with Boris. Only now is she trying to do what is right for us.

Other similar sized countries aren't part of a buckled Union that we are chained to. At the outset, she was walking a bit of a tightrope because if she was seen doing her own thing from the word go the Britnat press up here would have had a field day accusing her of undermining Wastemonster. But it was clear she had had enough of the Government's dithering and knew she had to take action. She would have acted like Leo Varadkar and locked down well in advance but knew she would have copped the inevitable backlash

55 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Do you know where the test analysis is getting done?

The antibody is like a Pregnancy test and takes 20mins so they must have that results, i will be emailed the results with the covid test, i am unsure where these will be analysed 

Fuck me the BBC outdid itself there. NS hasn't criticised Boris, won't criticise Boris but she is really. Then we went straight to Wales being politically motivated. Then two minutes later we were back in Aberdeen to tell us Scotland's, Wales and NI's R number is higher so England's is better. 

Just watched the Boris Johnson press conference,. I say press conference as I think the only had four members of the press asking questions, the rest were "random" members of the public.

i can only assume that they used Question Time to select them.  There was one person from Scotland, a guy from East Lothian.

His question - and I'm not making this up - was.  "Given the different messages coming from London and Edinburgh, who should I pay attention to given you are my Prime Minister and we are all one United Kingdom"

Away off to Twitter now to find out which flute band he's in. 

16 minutes ago, aaid said:

Just watched the Boris Johnson press conference,. I say press conference as I think the only had four members of the press asking questions, the rest were "random" members of the public.

i can only assume that they used Question Time to select them.  There was one person from Scotland, a guy from East Lothian.

His question - and I'm not making this up - was.  "Given the different messages coming from London and Edinburgh, who should I pay attention to given you are my Prime Minister and we are all one United Kingdom"

Away off to Twitter now to find out which flute band he's in. 

They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

7 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I agree totally our response hasn't been good enough and I’d have much preferred her go our own way from the off but can you imagine the reaction!!  It will have ultimately cost lives but yet she’s now got an absolute free hit because the Scottish Tories told her we should all respond together yet their party broke a union wide response.  They’ll obviously spin some bollocks to cover it up but plenty of folk will see through it. 

She is now also fully authorised to plough our own furrow so at the end can say our original performance, although better than UK, could possibly have been better if we’d gone our own way from the off.    We’d then be in a bizarre position where the opposition could be arguing we should have acted independently from the start whilst SNP defending acting in concert with the UK government!!

Agreed, she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't (follow the UK line).

As you say, the latest debacle means she can say it was Johnson who broke the "all 4 nations together" consensus.

Having a land border with England (which was and still is completely unprotected from incoming potential virus carriers) must also have something to do with it, compared with Ireland for example.

8 hours ago, macy37 said:

Your ‘assumption’ is totally incorrect. Good  try however.

Anyone who can’t see what Nicola is up to needs to waken up. 

Be woke ? 
joking. 
I am interested, regardless of reasons , in the likelihood of laboratory origins and what they might bring . The cellular level incisor capability being introduced that wasn’t otherwise likely. Shit like that. 

On the border mention . 
what is it that means Belgium is the near mankiest covid country along with England and yet the Netherlands, seperated by ditches you can jump or normally just flat fields is nae anywhere near as fatal a place to live *

*accusations of paedophilic suseptabilty aside

13 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Not that i am aware of, however my mate tested positive last week, no symptoms whats so ever 

Was he positive for antibodies or the virus?

If you guys are getting tested on a regular basis, those results could be very interesting. I hope these results are being passed on to somebody who can study them, even if it's on an anonymous basis.

8 hours ago, Shaundy said:

On the border mention . 
what is it that means Belgium is the near mankiest covid country along with England and yet the Netherlands, seperated by ditches you can jump or normally just flat fields is nae anywhere near as fatal a place to live *

*accusations of paedophilic suseptabilty aside

There are probably a number of factors. How deaths are reported, I'm not sure if Holland is reporting care home deaths like Belgium.

The amount of excess deaths is much higher in Holland. 

Also Hollands health care systemwas a leader in the management of hospital acquired infections especially MRSA

Could be cannabis is protective and chocolate makes it worse 😇

27 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Was he positive for antibodies or the virus?

If you guys are getting tested on a regular basis, those results could be very interesting. I hope these results are being passed on to somebody who can study them, even if it's on an anonymous basis.

He had the virus when tested, i am actually not sure how that effected the antibody test. I was shocked when they said we were getting the antibody test as i never knew there was a reliable one authorised. Maybe this is a trial for a specific type of antibody test.

31 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

He had the virus when tested, i am actually not sure how that effected the antibody test. I was shocked when they said we were getting the antibody test as i never knew there was a reliable one authorised. Maybe this is a trial for a specific type of antibody test.

Recent paper on this subject

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.25.20074856v1

This is a major issue with ongoing management and easing lockdown.

You need a reliable serology test with low false negatives. Think about the concept of a COVID passport, if some countries are using tests with an unacceptable false negative rate the  you could easily have someone entering a  country thinking they are immune but could actually be carrying the virus.