Coronavirus - Page 114 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

FFS talk about evading a question. Secretary of State  ‘ This answer is ....‘
 then proceeds to tell the guy fook all.
Wait till tomorrow night ? If Boris tells the guy tonight I will eat one of Big Ramy’s dinners.  

A typical politician's answer, no answer! 

9 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

A typical politician's answer, no answer! 

Agreed. Though even most politicians arent stupid enough to start a reply with the actual words

‘ the answer is ‘ .... then proceed to say nothing. 

5 hours ago, exile said:

I am now seriously confused again, as to whether the UK Govt really wants us to stop the virus spreading, or to spread it around a bit after all, i.e. in a "controlled" way. Herd immunity?

It's ALWAYS been the UK government's plan to let the virus run its course in the most convenient way possible. They're perfectly content to let tens of thousands - if not hundreds of thousands - of people die as long as they don't all do so at once and "overwhelm" the NHS. There's space in the hospitals again so they want us out and about catching it again - that'll let the business owners make enough money to keep themselves going before they need to lock us down again.

6 minutes ago, Debian said:

Buzzing for Boris to say one thing, Nicola another and folk flouting both.

Sturgeon has overrule here with the Covid 2020 Act?

Dont know about the act but she isnt using his slogan.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-new-slogan-control-virus-stay-alert-boris-johnson-scotland-sturgeon-a9507171.html%3famp

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Baffling that they haven't engage with Scottish and Welsh Govs ahead of this.   🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Debian said:

Baffling that they haven't engage with Scottish and Welsh Govs ahead of this.   🤦‍♂️

Baffling, or par for the course? Some speculation Johnson didn't even run past the cabinet, who are 'raging'; recorded the announcement already, and not going to face the press?

6 minutes ago, exile said:

Baffling, or par for the course? Some speculation Johnson didn't even run past the cabinet, who are 'raging'; recorded the announcement already, and not going to face the press?

Yeah, just seen a few tweets noting this.  

14 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

There's serious questions that need answered and quickly because there will be a second wave. How it gets into an alleged controlled environment is the first question and the second is why they're dying there rather than being taken to hospital  given there's plenty capacity.

Age concern raised worries start of April that old and vulnerable were being pressured into signing DNR forms. This will be a big scandal at the end of this or possibly just a footnote if we keep fucking it up. Given this is the new slogan Boris is about to announce there's every chance:

EXm4sbGXgAAj29Q.jpeg.jpg

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/latest-press/articles/2020/04/age-uk-response-to-dnr-forms/

22 minutes ago, Debian said:

The link that Shaggycoo posted . The Secretary of State answering that same guy from County Durham says ‘ the devolved governments are largely working in lockstep . we all want this message ( pointing to the current slogan) to be as straightforward as possible . The PM will make things clear tomorrow night. 

Working together meaning they just change the slogan to what they want and expect every nation to fall in line without even discussing it with them. 
There is going to be no clarity whatsoever on this. 

2 minutes ago, phart said:

Cheers mate - that was the article I was on about.

It looks like it is off the back of this where essentially they've told the most vulnerable they're not getting to hospital:

https://www.hsj.co.uk/primary-care/gps-contacting-patients-about-do-not-resuscitate-forms/7027279.article

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Johnson's press conference later has been pre recorded

No "Journalist" questions 

It's not a press conference then but a recorded statement.   He'll be questioned in Westminster tomorrow by MPs.

Let’s be honest here Nicola is on a no lose here.

She’s praying for a landslide of deaths in England now and for Scotland to go in the opposite direction.

She has seen the opportunity and is grabbing it with both hands.

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

She’s praying for a landslide of deaths in England now and for Scotland to go in the opposite direction.

I'd be prepared to bet anything that she isn't, and the fact you're even suggesting that probably says a lot more about you than it does about her.

On 5/6/2020 at 10:05 PM, vanderark14 said:

If sturgeon eases lcokdown after bojo the clown,i wonder hpw many billy brits will defy lockdown rules in scotland because she does not speak for the billy brit or alan

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I'm racking my brains as to how why stay alert to an invisible killer that we can't see

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Boris Johnson is a wanker. Enough said.

It's becoming clear that even people who don't have much time for our FM think she has been statesmanlike in her approach and handling of this crisis. My parents aren't Sturgeon fans by any stretch, but we were talking last night and their estimations of her have gone off the scale. Granted, she hasn't got everything right, but she has never hid and taken on difficult questions. Unlike that tousled haired cunt that masquerades as PM