Coronavirus - Page 113 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/07/revealed-emailed-offer-help-turkish-t-shirt-salesman-led-ppe/

I mean this isn't a millions miles off replying to an email from a Nigerian prince with your account details, mum's maiden name and details of your first pet. 

The ineptitude is staggering but folk down there seem to be doubling down on their support whilst simultaneously laughing at Trump.  It's a proper head scratcher!!

18 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/07/revealed-emailed-offer-help-turkish-t-shirt-salesman-led-ppe/

I mean this isn't a millions miles off replying to an email from a Nigerian prince with your account details, mum's maiden name and details of your first pet. 

The ineptitude is staggering but folk down there seem to be doubling down on their support whilst simultaneously laughing at Trump.  It's a proper head scratcher!!

that's mental lol

1 hour ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Bloody hell, thats as bad as the Brexit shipping contracts handed out. Is it too much to ask that we have even the bare minimum of competency these days.

I "love" how there seems to be this weird understanding that as long as you stay 6 feet apart you're safe, as if the virus is chained to a 5"11 chain, despite numerous studies showing the potential for it to be transmittable from much further away.

3 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Pandemic on the go, 600 deaths plus thousands new cases today and Brian May has ripped his arse to pieces yet this is actually encouraged on BBC:

What the absolute fuck is going on! 

EXgt9PMWoAAamTq.jpeg-1.jpg

Twats. I'm with this guy...

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4736a4c9d3bd542aFB_IMG_1588949705785.jpg.e1d476ede803250[/img]

ETA I have been enjoying a VE Night fire out the back door. Mainly paying homage to ma faither's early memory of a Hitler dummy being cremated on a pyre in Irvine.

Edited by Toepoke

13 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Pandemic on the go, 600 deaths plus thousands new cases today and Brian May has ripped his arse to pieces yet this is actually encouraged on BBC:

What the absolute fuck is going on! 

EXgt9PMWoAAamTq.jpeg-1.jpg

I've noticed this a few times on TV news. Slagging off folk doing nothing unsafe who are getting harassed by over exuberant polis (probably specials revelling in getting a wee bit of power). Then praising other folk for doing exactly the same or  even worse, but that's OK because they are jumping about singing about the NHS and waving flags about. It's like they are trying to take the pish out of lack of intellegence.

And most folk in the UK don't seem to understand what two metres is. I blame the UKs reluctance to embrace the metric system. 

14 hours ago, phart said:

I "love" how there seems to be this weird understanding that as long as you stay 6 feet apart you're safe, as if the virus is chained to a 5"11 chain, despite numerous studies showing the potential for it to be transmittable from much further away.

Saw this which suggests 1.5m OK if standing, but 4m if walking, etc.

45 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Just caught the chap from County Durham asking the minister if they should follow advice from Nicola rather than Downing St as Edinburgh is closer!! 🤭🤭

Please tell me you have a link to that 👍

On the Stoke board there are folk who were more than happy with the street parties yesterday but want the folk in the parks today tasered and smashed with water cannon when the only descernible difference seems to be a lack of bunting.  Worrying times.

3 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

On the Stoke board there are folk who were more than happy with the street parties yesterday but want the folk in the parks today tasered and smashed with water cannon when the only descernible difference seems to be a lack of bunting.  Worrying times.

My gran and one of her sisters were making grenades (sister lost some of her hand/fingers in an accident) and working in a foundry in the lead up to VE day she thinks the street parties are ludicrous and the care home situation a disgrace. The government resposible really fucked up the situation within them. All across the UK. Sturgeon made a mess of it too.

Edited by phart

27 minutes ago, phart said:

My gran and one of her sisters were making grenades (sister lost some of her hand/fingers in an accident) and working in a foundry in the lead up to VE day she thinks the street parties are ludicrous and the care home situation a disgrace. The government resposible really fucked up the situation within them. All across the UK. Sturgeon made a mess of it too.

There's serious questions that need answered and quickly because there will be a second wave. How it gets into an alleged controlled environment is the first question and the second is why they're dying there rather than being taken to hospital  given there's plenty capacity.

Age concern raised worries start of April that old and vulnerable were being pressured into signing DNR forms. This will be a big scandal at the end of this or possibly just a footnote if we keep fucking it up. Given this is the new slogan Boris is about to announce there's every chance:

EXm4sbGXgAAj29Q.jpeg.jpg

On 5/8/2020 at 9:26 AM, ThistleWhistle said:

Can someone post in full, please? Not keen to sign up for the Telegraph.

7 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

There's serious questions that need answered and quickly because there will be a second wave. How it gets into an alleged controlled environment is the first question and the second is why they're dying there rather than being taken to hospital  given there's plenty capacity.

Age concern raised worries start of April that old and vulnerable were being pressured into signing DNR forms. This will be a big scandal at the end of this or possibly just a footnote if we keep fucking it up. Given this is the new slogan Boris is about to announce there's every chance:

EXm4sbGXgAAj29Q.jpeg.jpg

I am now seriously confused again, as to whether the UK Govt really wants us to stop the virus spreading, or to spread it around a bit after all, i.e. in a "controlled" way. Herd immunity?

The only way I can see them reaching 200,000 tests a day is if Matt Hancock turns himself into a human Kerplunk with a forest of swabs purtruding out every orifice.  On the bright side it would at least provide his first definitive and trustworthy answer of the whole pandemic unless of course it was dud testing kit like the stuff they bought from China whereupon he'd have to restick handfuls of swabs back up his mouth, nose, ears and arse but at least they'd count as another batch of new tests.