Coronavirus - Page 112 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

That interview with the old dear from Glasgow on Good morning Britain itv sums our press up. Utterly pathetic.

Macy you dont strike me as someone who watches Good Morning Britain.
Life is full of little surprises 😊

Also her contempt for Faucci for being the one peddling in mass destruction and deliberately spreading diseases to the people of the world could also be explained by him being direclty responsible for ordering the peer reviews of her work that then ostensibly uncovered the inability to replicate her results and all the other stuff that led to her ostracisation from the scientific community.

It is annoying youtube is censoring all this stuff though, that's a terrible idea. These things should be debated not unilaterally decided it is "false" and then censored. She obviously is a trained scientist and things have been suppressed in the past so it is reasonable to let people voice their arguments and then let the strength of those decide. It's not good at all that this gets labelled and censored.

Personally i just wish i could understand the science of the arguments would make it a lot easier to parse the information and make a better judgement.

Edited by phart

23 minutes ago, phart said:

Started watching it.

First claim Dr Judy Mikovits has been called one of the most accomplished scientists of her generation. No real evidence of that I can find at all in fact she has a slew of retracted papers, an apparent history of non-transparency etc. Here's a partial retraction by the authors as no one was able to replicate the experiments https://science.sciencemag.org/content/334/6053/176.1

Full retraction by the publication: https://science.sciencemag.org/content/334/6063/1636.1

problems with integrity of the information:https://www.nature.com/news/2011/111005/full/news.2011.574.html#B3

Second claim her 1991 doctoral thesis revolutionised the treatment of HIV AIDS... it is a paper as far as i can see that talked about the affects of using certain proteins to stop the replication of the DNA of HIV, I think that's what is used today but the paper was testing the effects of it not introducing it as a novel idea. The paper is short here it is: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2187891/pdf/je17151705.pdf

I can't understand the science behind the arguments but I can understand sophistry in the arguments and presentation so have to go on that.

Great, up to you. 

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Her view on mask wearing is interesting.

"“We don’t need a vaccine,” proclaimed Dr. Judy Mikovits, a controversial former chronic fatigue researcher who now frequently makes anti-vaccine claims, in an April 15 YouTube video with more than 80,000 views. “All you have to do is have a healthy immune system.” (Mikovits has also been involved in the “Fire Fauci” campaign, claiming he sabotaged her research into a purported mouse virus that she says is the true cause of cancer.)

These campaigners frequently reject the idea that there’s anything society can do, collectively, to slow the spread of any disease. In the same video, Mikovits rejected the notion of wearing a mask, since, she claimed, the coronavirus is actually secretly caused by a bad strain of flu shot that was circulating between 2013 and 2015. Masks will help “activate” the virus and reinfect a mask-wearer over and over, she claimed.

“Wearing a mask will kill more people than—this virus is not coughed through the air from healthy people, who are almost certainly immune, as they’ve almost certainly been infected over the last four or five years,” Mikovits said."

Yeah it is counter intuitive. Isolation, wearing gloves and masks will reduce your bacterial flora and the 'good' viruses you interact with which is the process by which you build up your immune system. New born babies don't have one in comparison and it takes them time to develop by interacting with the stuff that is out there. Consequently during isolation etc we are effectively weakening our immune systems. It also means that when isolation ends there will be a spike in illness as we are all weaker.

These two US doctors got censored recently by facebook and youtube for this press conference... they talk about this in much more detail, it is very interesting, and they make many thought provoking points, well worth watching. They got attacked for it. Lots of playing the men and not the ball. 

https://off-guardian.org/2020/04/29/watch-dr-erickson-covid19-briefing-censored-by-youtube

or

https://www.bitchute.com/video/GfDNSjiB8bsH/

Edited by thplinth

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Macy you dont strike me as someone who watches Good Morning Britain.
Life is full of little surprises 😊

Do you know I’m always a bbc morning person before I head to work however this morning I decided to go for a change thinking a change might be good for the soul. How wrong I was. 

58 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Yeah it is counter intuitive. Isolation, wearing gloves and masks will reduce your bacterial flora and the 'good' viruses you interact with which is the process by which you build up your immune system. New born babies don't have one in comparison and it takes them time to develop by interacting with the stuff that is out there. Consequently during isolation etc we are effectively weakening our immune systems. It also means that when isolation ends there will be a spike in illness as we are all weaker.

These two US doctors got censored recently by facebook and youtube for this press conference... they talk about this in much more detail, it is very interesting, and they make many thought provoking points, well worth watching. They got attacked for it. Lots of playing the men and not the ball. 

https://off-guardian.org/2020/04/29/watch-dr-erickson-covid19-briefing-censored-by-youtube

or

https://www.bitchute.com/video/GfDNSjiB8bsH/

It's wild the censoring going on by the big tech firms (who work closely with the state apparatus) it's totally against the best practices of science and a stab at the "spirit" of science. This sort of shit sets us back to the times when religion was incarcerating folk for saying things they didn't like. Whether these guys are correct or not is irrelevant. They're two administrators of the COVID testing regime and trusted to do that but then censored when they then interpet the results of their administrations... probably by people with no experience or training in the department relative to the Doctors.

One thing is certain a shit tonn3 of disinformation is being flung out during this from all directions by various parties. It's insane a true information war is ongoing.

I've turned on super-skeptical mode for everything.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Lockdown must continue in Scotland according to Sturgeon

This is going to be very interesting if Bojo goes ahead and eases lockdown. 

This was sent to me earlier from a friend in England . Supposedly been sent to Councils ahead of Sundays announcement. I think it has probably been created by someone with time on their hands, but who knows. 

Government's roadmap to ease Covid-19 restrictions will be set out in 5 phases. These phases will be on 3 week review process, the current phases would commence on the following dates:

Phase 1 - 18th May

Phase 2 - 8th June

Phase 3 - 29th June

Phase 4 - 20th July

If coronavirus cases begin to increase, we will revert to the restrictions set out in the previous stage.

🔮 PHASE 1 🔮

Phase 1 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

🔸 Construction workers, landscape gardeners and other outdoor workers may return to work

🔸 Garden centres, repair shops and hardware stores may reopen

🔸 Fitness & sport activities (non-contact) in small groups (max of 4 people) may resume (golf included)

🔸  People may meet up with friends and family in small groups outdoors (size of a "small group" is defined as up to 4 people)

🔸 The majority of regular health services will resume 

🔸 Outdoor public amenities and tourism sites may reopen (beaches & mountain walks)

*NOTE - social distancing guidelines will remain in operation for all

🔮 PHASE 2 🔮

Phase 2 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

🔸 Restriction will be extended from 5km to 20km

🔸 Specific retail hours will be allocated for those currently cocooning

🔸 Home visits will be allowed to those cocooning, by a small number of persons for a short period of time

🔸 Up to 4 people may visit another household for a short period of time

🔸 Slightly larger family gatherings at funerals will be permitted (limited to maximum safe social distancing can still be applied)

🔸 Solitary workers and workers that can maintain social distancing can return to work

🔸 Small retail outlets that can control staff and customer numbers and maintain social distancing may reopen

🔸 Public libraries will reopen

🔸 Outdoor sporting activities, involving small group training (no matches) can recommenced (no contact still allowed)

🔮 PHASE 3 🔮

Phase 3 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

🔸 Commence opening of creches and pre-schools for children of essential workers

🔸 Commence a phased approach to visiting at hospitals and other healthcare settings

🔸 Businesses where employees have low levels of daily interaction may reopen

🔸 Phase in the opening of all other non-essential retail outlets, restricting customer numbers and applying social distancing (limited to retail outlets with street level entrance and exit, i.e. not in shopping centres)

🔸 Playgrounds will be reopened

🔸 'Behind closed doors' sporting events may recommence

🔸 Cafes and restaurants may reopen as long as social distancing is maintained

🔮 PHASE 4 🔮

Phase 4 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

🔸 Travel will be extended to outside of your region

🔸 Larger household visits will be permitted

🔸 Small social gatherings will be permitted (baptisms, small weddings etc.)

🔸 Creches and pre-schools will reopen for all other children

🔸 Other employees return to work - beginning with those who cannot work remotely and then staggering the working times to ensure social distancing 

🔸 Barbers and hairdressers may reopen

🔸 Museums and other cultural outlets may reopen

🔸 Sports teams (GAA & soccer) may recommence and public swimming pools may reopen

🔸 Hotels and other hospitality units may reopen based on limited occupancy. Hotel bars are to remain closed.

🔮 PHASE 5 🔮

Phase 5 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

🔸 Social gatherings will be permitted except for large gathering and gatherings in households of suspect cases

🔸 Schools and colleges will reopen on a phased basis and will recommence in the new academic year 

🔸 Normal hospital and other residential setting visits will be allowed

🔸 All employees may return to work on normal onsite arrangements, except organisations that cannot maintain social distancing plans

🔸 Enclosed shopping centres may reopen

🔸 Tattoo and piercing parlors may reopen

🔸 Cinemas may reopen

🔸 Close contact physical sports may recommence (rugby, boxing etc.)

🔸 Gyms and dance studios may reopen

🔸 Mass sporting events may recommence where social distancing can be maintained

🔸 Indoor recreational venues may reopen (bowling, bingo etc.)

🔸Small festivals and other outdoor cultural events may resume

🔸 Tourist travel to offshore islands may resume

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

This was sent to me earlier from a friend in England . Supposedly been sent to Councils ahead of Sundays announcement. I think it has probably been created by someone with time on their hands, but who knows. 

That's literally the Irish plan (published last week).

5 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

🔸 Sports teams (GAA & soccer) may recommence and public swimming pools may reopen

That part is a bit of a giveaway :lol:

11 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😂😂😂 I didnt actually get that far, I stopped when I read that hairdressers dont reopen till phase 4 ! 

3f762584-43d4-4aa1-9b03-60f1d0d628cc.jpg

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

3f762584-43d4-4aa1-9b03-60f1d0d628cc.jpg

Very good that! Haha.

Also the detail as well puts both the UK government's shambles in to perspective.

Eyes across the water and I'm sure he's not that great (and I wouldn't vote for his party) but in the words of Alan ''Nicola (Leo) is pretty good in front of a lectern," IMO.

Think the Irish government have dealt with it pretty well considering it. Not sure what the Greens are going to do though going in to power with FG/FF?

3 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Think the Irish government have dealt with it pretty well considering it. 

Aye, the stats seem to be bearing that out.

I'm not sure on this, but my guess is Ireland has taken more of an EU-based approach. They seem to have also paid more attention to the WHO (an Irishman is one of the high heid yins there).

Ireland have also been sending tests to Germany (where there's huge capacity - the Germans were doing half a million tests per week mid-March). I imagine their capacity is even higher now.

Can't imagine Boris and his band of Brexiteer tories relying on Germany to do UK testing... can you? 

Edit: got the German test numbers wrong. 500k per week, not day as i originally said!

Edited by Dave78

42 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Aye, the stats seem to be bearing that out.

I'm not sure on this, but my guess is Ireland has taken more of an EU-based approach. They seem to have also paid more attention to the WHO (an Irishman is one of the high heid yins there).

Ireland have also been sending tests to Germany (where there's huge capacity - the Germans were doing half a million tests per week mid-March). I imagine their capacity is even higher now.

Can't imagine Boris and his band of Brexiteer tories relying on Germany to do UK testing... can you? 

Edit: got the German test numbers wrong. 500k per week, not day as i originally said!

Why would boris and his pals need to approach germany? Dont you know we beat them in ww2? thats what we are all celebrating tomorrow. Get with it min🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Not sure what other people think but IMO NS is ripping BJ and his tory gov. ministers. a new arsehole in leadership. 

Absolutely.

But to be fair, when compared with BJ, that's not exactly hard.

I think i'd do a better job that Boris or Trump.

I'd channel the ghost of Churchill.

And when i say that, i mean i'd spend most of the crisis pished oot ma tree....not make inspiring speeches.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/07/revealed-the-secret-report-that-gave-ministers-warning-of-care-home-coronavirus-crisis

A secret government report that said the UK was not prepared for a pandemic and forewarned of the Covid-19 crisis in care homes is being published by the Guardian.

The report is based on the findings of a government simulation of an influenza pandemic, codenamed Exercise Cygnus. It concluded starkly that Britain was not adequately prepared for a flu-like pandemic’s “extreme demands”.

The above report was from 2017.

Then on top of this a lot of anecdotal evidence by front line workers that the elderly were just getting shipped back to care homes with no testing...

14 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Not sure what other people think but IMO NS is ripping BJ and his tory gov. ministers. a new arsehole in leadership. Not saying she has got everything right, far from it. 

Aye, but she's doing it deliberately...