Coronavirus - Page 109 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

Its hardly surprising you are follicily challenged with all that stress  🙂

Makes for some interesting conversations.

Mind you, I remember one time I was round at hers and I wanted to watch the FM's keynote speech from Conference.   After putting up with loads of interruptions and barbed comments at the end when the FM went down to greet her parents, she piped up "Oh there's Joan".   Turns out she was in the same knitting group as the FM's mum.   

18 minutes ago, aaid said:

As if to prove your point:

Scottish Parliament constituency ballot:

SNP 54% 
Conservatives 23% 
Labour 12%
Liberal Democrats 8% 
Greens 2%

Scottish Parliament regional list ballot:

SNP 45% 
Conservatives 23% 
Labour 12%
Greens 8% 
Liberal Democrats 7%

Scottish voting intentions for next UK general election:

SNP 51% 
Conservatives 25% 
Labour 15% 
Liberal Democrats 6% 
Greens 2%

http://scotgoespop.blogspot.com/2020/05/unionist-journalists-learn-hard-way.html

3 no voting friends have said to me in the last week how well NS is doing in her briefings. 2 of them will never vote for the SNP or for independence but NS  has seriously swayed the other one to reconsidering her position on it. 

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Makes for some interesting conversations.

Mind you, I remember one time I was round at hers and I wanted to watch the FM's keynote speech from Conference.   After putting up with loads of interruptions and barbed comments at the end when the FM went down to greet her parents, she piped up "Oh there's Joan".   Turns out she was in the same knitting group as the FM's mum.   

😂 does she use the phrase ‘ i’d rather poke my eye out with a needle than vote SNP ‘ ?

1 minute ago, TDYER63 said:

😂 does she use the phrase ‘ i’d rather poke my eye out with a needle than vote SNP ‘ ?

Another member of the knitting group was second on the Green list for West of Scotland in 2016.    Ayrshire knitting groups, a hotbed of radical politics and crafting.

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Exactly.

We've been told for decades how the NHS is the best in the world (folk working in maybe) but it's been underfunded for years and the fact there's an auld man raising millions for it should be a national disgrace.

For want of a better phrase there is a lot of fake news out there ATM this site is pretty good and easy reading

https://fullfact.org/online/captain-tom-uk/

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

3 no voting friends have said to me in the last week how well NS is doing in her briefings. 2 of them will never vote for the SNP or for independence but NS  has seriously swayed the other one to reconsidering her position on it. 

Even our own tame 'North-Brit-die-in-a-ditch-for-the-union' Toryboy unionist @Alan admitted she was "good behind a lectern".

For that read 'in command of the facts', or 'on the ball'... etc etc. High praise indeed.

If they were honest, they'd admit they're glad she's in charge rather than any of the Tory front bench.

44 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

I've seen this popping up a few places which made me smile:

EWtMiYGWoAALnHR?format=jpg&name=900x900

Another one is:

Conservative voters: at the next GE, you can save yourselves some bother. Just request a postal vote, and then forget about it. Receiving the ballot paper in the post is the same as voting.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

So only 73000 tests carried out with 40,000 sent out but not actually tested. Even Andrew Neil is questioning this tory propaganda machine

Really? I never thought that lickspittle would do that.

4 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

How mindblowingly fucked up is 2020 when the US navy confirm footage potentially showing UFO's is real this week but its barely even registered 

Not very. It's old footage, been around for ages. It's Unidentified Flying Objects. Probs balloons , birds, weather, no biggie.

4 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Not very. It's old footage, been around for ages. It's Unidentified Flying Objects. Probs balloons , birds, weather, no biggie.

Bit quick for a balloon. It's pretty big that they've confirmed it's real footage so it could either be aliens or someone has mad technological advances on the go and either way that's a story I'd have expected to get more traction in normal times.

Has the term 'UFO' become so toxic (associated with wacko conspiracy theorists), that we're now told to call them UAP's (unidentified aerial phenomenon) by the Pentagon?

7 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Has the term 'UFO' become so toxic (associated with wacko conspiracy theorists), that we're now told to call them UAP's (unidentified aerial phenomenon) by the Pentagon?

I guess so. It does bring to mind images of a little green man in a flying saucer.

But also, I suppose some explanations for UFOs involve things that aren’t actually flying? 

20 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

How mindblowingly fucked up is 2020 when the US navy confirm footage potentially showing UFO's is real this week but its barely even registered 

Well, a non-detailed black 'tic-tac' is hardly convincing. It's more the 'story' that they're trying to peddle.

(There are no 'ET's' or 'big bang'/evolution of life on a flat motionless earth.)

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Well, a non-detailed black 'tic-tac' is hardly convincing. It's more the 'story' that they're trying to peddle.

(There are no 'ET's' or 'big bang'/evolution of life on a flat motionless earth.)

Maybe the aliens planted dinosaur bones for a laugh.

Out of sheer morbid curiosity how does it take 4 hours to fly from New Zealand to Cook Islands if they're at opposite sides of a disc?

23 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Bit quick for a balloon. It's pretty big that they've confirmed it's real footage so it could either be aliens or someone has mad technological advances on the go and either way that's a story I'd have expected to get more traction in normal times.

They likely landed in the UK, witnessed the response to the coronavirus outbreak, concluded there was no intelligent life present and just fcked off again.

4 hours ago, daviebee said:

They likely landed in the UK, witnessed the response to the coronavirus outbreak, concluded there was no intelligent life present and just fcked off again.

“Take us to your leader!”

Bojo appears.

”Really? Bunch of fuckin’ wind up merchants. Let’s get the fuck outta here, boys.”

Edited by Denny’s Yard

Currently, theres been 247,107 deaths worldwide, with 28,446 in the UK. 

We have had 11.5% of all reported deaths, with 0.8% of the worlds population.

USA is rightly derided because of Trump, Republican Party, right wing nutters etc, but they have lost 68,268 people against our 28,446. With a population of 328.2 million against the UKs 66.6 million, our death rate is 2.1 what theirs is.

xjyemei.jpg

Scotland has had 1,571 deaths, with a population of 5.4 million. rUK has had 26,875 deaths, with a population of 61.2 million. So Scotlands death rate is still worse than Americas, but only 2/3rds of rUK.

Failings all round. Not that we can take the figures as gospel, or should expect a 'fair share' but our figures are shocking.

Edited by kumnio