Coronavirus - Page 103 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

10 minutes ago, Denny’s Yard said:

Like a huge version of when you were picking a partner at social dancing in school.  Not sure this will do much for people’s mental state at all. 

Lucky you having 10 partners to choose from . Some of us had to do with one , and worse still get chucked  the night before the dance. Jim Brown, if you are out there , I still havent forgiven you ya swine. 😡
Thanks for helping my mental state by bringing it all back...🙂

I can see what you mean, but dont you think there will be a natural ‘clustering’ for most people. I think it is more to do with ensuring people on their own arent left really isolated for longer than necessary. It would also help folk working from home if ,for example ,  grandparents could see their grandchildren and help with childcare etc. Its a real struggle for a lot of people. 

I do take your point though , people could feel hurt if they werent ‘chosen ‘ , others could feel under pressure not to hurt anyone, and it could actually create some family feuds.

On 2/29/2020 at 5:28 PM, kumnio said:

Most of the news you read on North Korea is utter pish though.

Long live Marshall Kim Jong-un 🇰🇵

Is he or is he not dead

Or is he Kim Jong Undead ?

56 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Lucky you having 10 partners to choose from . Some of us had to do with one , and worse still get chucked  the night before the dance. Jim Brown, if you are out there , I still havent forgiven you ya swine. 😡

I can see what you mean, but dont you think there will be a natural ‘clustering’ for most people. I think it is more to do with ensuring people on their own arent left really isolated for longer than necessary. It would also help folk working from home if ,for example ,  grandparents could see their grandchildren and help with childcare etc. Its a real struggle for a lot of people. 

I do take your point though , people could feel hurt if they werent ‘chosen ‘ , others could feel under pressure not to hurt anyone, and it could actually create some family feuds.

Yeah. It would probably be a good thing.  I was just joking.

12 minutes ago, Denny’s Yard said:

Yeah. It would probably be a good thing.  I was just joking.

😂 and I am an  example of someone that could do with help  with some social interaction.  I have clearly been stuck in here too long , stroking my boxset of Downton Abbey.

Not that I am offering to look after anyones weans,  before the requests come flooding in... 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Westa?😁

2 hours ago, bonzo said:

Westa?😁

😁
Nah , its not him. I even joined Westa  to ‘out’ him as part of my life's ambition to track him down,  but sadly had to cross him off the list . Only  245, 767 Jim Browns left to go.  

The real Jim Brown actually ended up marrying someone from the same year at school as us.
 I remember I was paired with her  to go round houses collectIng  money for Deep Sea Fisherman. It was a tough sell on a council estate in Paisley in the 70’s.  

She wasnt going out with him at that time right enough else she would have been at the bottom of the sea with the fishermen. 

9 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

😁
Nah , its not him. I even joined Westa  to ‘out’ him as part of my life's ambition to track him down,  but sadly had to cross him off the list . Only  245, 767 Jim Browns left to go.  

The real Jim Brown actually ended up marrying someone from the same year at school as us.
 I remember I was paired with her  to go round houses collectIng  money for Deep Sea Fisherman. It was a tough sell on a council estate in Paisley in the 70’s.  

She wasnt going out with him at that time right enough else she would have been at the bottom of the sea with the fishermen. 

Hahaha who are these deep sea Fishermen?

15 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Hahaha who are these deep sea Fishermen?

I have no idea, but it was a proper charity,  more surprising is why I even remember it. I also remember we approached a house and the name on the door was
‘ Trout’ . 😂😂

We could hardly ask for a donation for  laughing. 

24 minutes ago, macy37 said:

It would really surprise me if they ease lockdown the day before a bank holiday weekend.

Actualy with these cunts in charge it wouldn’t.

Coming out on VE day so the looney toons can celebrate like they'd just stormed Juno themselves with bunting and barbecues is where my money is on.

On 4/20/2020 at 2:01 PM, Ally Bongo said:

Can you imagine if they hadnt spent/done it ?

Well there is a big new empty hospital in Edinburgh unused for the past 2 years....

The Louisa Jordan looks amazing. A lot cleaner and practical than the god awful Royal Infirmary.

If I was to end up there it would just be my luck I'd be in Hall 5 experiencing flashbacks of terrible SECC gigs from past sound bouncing from all angles.

This is an interesting interview from the US perspective... they also get into what is going to happen after their freeze on evictions is over. The rich and powerful (who in one form or another get the lions share of the bail out) will be able to scoop up fantastic bargains from those who did not get any bail out and did not make it.  

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020/04/max-blumenthal-and-ben-norton-with-michael-hudson-us-coronavirus-bailout-is-a-6-trillion-scam.html

MICHAEL HUDSON: Just think of when, in the debates with Bernie Sanders during the spring, Biden and Klobuchar kept saying, ‘What we’re paying for Medicare-for-All will be $1 trillion over 10 years.’ Well, here the Fed can create $1.5 trillion in one week just to buy stocks.

Why is it okay for the Fed to create $1.5 trillion to buy stocks to prevent rich people from losing on their stocks, when it’s not okay to print only $1 trillion to pay for free Medicare for the entire population? This is crazy!

The idea is that only the rich should be allowed to print money for themselves, but the government should not be allowed to print money for any public purpose, any social purpose — not for medicine, not for schools, not for personal budgets, not for full employment — but only to give to the 1 percent.

People hesitate to think that. They think, ‘It can’t possibly be this bad.’ But for those of us who have worked on Wall Street, for 60 years in my case, that’s what the numbers show.

But you don’t have the media talking about actual numbers. They talk about just words, and they use euphemisms. It’s a kind of Orwellian vocabulary, describing an inside-out world.

Inside out world... it is crooked is what it is.

Been getting a bit grumpy with the lockdown and was a bit like a caged tiger yesterday.  

Wife gets a call from her niece in Delhi who is an ICU nurse and has 50 corona patients on her ward.  Her face was battered because of the PPE, she'd just finished her 21st day in a row without holiday (12-16 hours each), was about go sleep in a corridor because the police are battering folk (risk of rape too) and yet she never moaned once on the call to my wife.

Pretty much stopped moaning after that.  

The scotsman article stating today is B-day (boris day) is quite possibly the most ridiculous piece of journalism ive seen during this crisis. 

I didnt think it was possible but i hate the tories even more since the pandemic started. They along with their voters wouldnt recognise self awares or hypocrisy if it jumped up and smacked them in the puss. 

Matt Hancock has to be the most patronising wanker on the planet. He is worse than your typical Tory if that is possible. Just heard him saying how much the Gov has always valued the NHS and care workers. He must be on the glue  fuckin prick of a man needs a kick right in the balls and I would gladly do it. Hate these Tory cunts and anybody who votes for them can fuck right off.

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Matt Hancock has to be the most patronising wanker on the planet. He is worse than your typical Tory if that is possible. Just heard him saying how much the Gov has always valued the NHS and care workers. He must be on the glue  fuckin prick of a man needs a kick right in the balls and I would gladly do it. Hate these Tory cunts and anybody who votes for them can fuck right off.

Got a badge you ungrateful twat