Coronavirus - Page 100 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

Have a look for yourself.

Link

I can (theoretically) buy a barrel of oil right now and someone will pay me just shy of $37 to 'buy' it. This is bullshit folks.

Be interesting to see how the petrol stations find a reason not to give you 50 quid every time you go for a fill up.

Edited by thplinth

19 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

There's a brilliant documentary called 'American Factory' on Netflix. It follows the takeover of an American car windshield factory by Chinese owners, over a period of about 10 years. You should have a look.

That was my thoughts after watching it. Can't even begin to compete with the Chinese.

Cheers man.

29 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Fuck things are really going to go mental now. This is really, really bad. lol. (what can you do! this is insanity stuff, negative interest rates, negative price for a barrel of oil.) It is like we are approaching a singularity type event of false machinations.  At this point I think this whole shit storm has been totally orchestrated. I think we are maybe seeing the Sampson Option being enacted.

Israel using nukes to get what they want?

2 minutes ago, phart said:

Israel using nukes to get what they want?

Israel Nukes? I understand the confusion but I was thinking the strategy of bringing the house down on top of your heads as a relative victory. Thought that was clear from context.

Just now, thplinth said:

Israel Nukes? I understand the confusion but I was thinking the strategy of bringing the house down on top of your heads as a relative victory. Thought that was clear from context.

I didn't realise it had a general meaning, I thought it was a specific reference to the book of the same name.

14 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Why?

Cause the Samson Option is a name of a specific military tactic and isn't used anywhere else for the name of something else.(to my knowledge).

I didn't realise that it is also used as "the strategy of bringing the house down on top of your heads as a relative victory" and even when i try and google that meaning it's not coming up.

EDIT: Just read the biblical Samson biography and he pushed over pillars to kill everyone and himself.

Never heard of that before.

Edited by phart

13 minutes ago, phart said:

EDIT: Just read the biblical Samson biography and he pushed over pillars to kill everyone and himself.

Seriously ?

Samson and Delilah film with Victor Mature ?

Samson and Delilah | Golden Globes

Edited by Ally Bongo

16 minutes ago, phart said:

Cause the Samson Option is a name of a specific military tactic and isn't used anywhere else for the name of something else.(to my knowledge).

I didn't realise that it is also used as "the strategy of bringing the house down on top of your heads as a relative victory" and even when i try and google that meaning it's not coming up.

I am pretty sure they stole that whole sampson strategy from him.

I had heard of the cutting the hair with Delilah never heard how he got tortured so brought a building down on him and his captors.

You guys are older than me though so maybe the old testament was taught in modern studies back then 😛

2 minutes ago, phart said:

I had heard of the cutting the hair with Delilah never heard how he got tortured so brought a building down on him and his captors.

You guys are older than me though so maybe the old testament was taught in modern studies back then 😛

Sunday school. 

Fair play Macy....... you’ve been on it from the start and I thought it was more how you wanted it to be..... but now I’m thinking you might be onto something. He was apparently running the country from his bed when he initially had it.... now he’s ‘recovering’ you don’t hear a peep from him. Suss.

Here's a turn up for the books that I don't see getting much air time on the news here -  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-19/oil-drops-to-18-year-low-on-global-demand-crunch-storage-woes

Oil is in theory now worth negative amounts of money - that has far more economic consequences than Gov's printing money .

Makes US behaviour in the near future very unpredictable I think.

Edit - BBC picking up on it now - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52350082

d'oh and I see Hampden Loon picked up on it a page ago as well....

Edited by Lobey
added link

9 hours ago, beardy said:

That's crazy the same dude linked the stuff later i linked earlier on about the astroturfing.

A total propaganda campaign being ran in the background. The good and the bad of the net all in one shitshow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/status/1252342364644929536

Edited by phart

53 minutes ago, phart said:

That's crazy the same dude linked the stuff later i linked earlier on about the astroturfing.

A total propaganda campaign being ran in the background. The good and the bad of the net all in one shitshow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/status/1252342364644929536

All governments get up to questionable things, usually policies based on their own ideology.  This government does seem Tom RB particularly venal though, particularly in how they go about things.  I see Dominic Cummings an unnamed Downing Street source has been knifing Matt Hancock in the back this morning.