Coronavirus - Page 95 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

12 hours ago, exile said:

No, it was with Andrew Neil. The defence journal profile implies it's several contributors. Seem pretty standard issue British viewpoint so far.

From what I've seen, Andrew Neil is generally careful what he says but seems to be followed by a bunch of bullying and/or sycophantic followers, who either pile in on anyone who disagrees with him or fawningly praise him (which he then retweets). And endless self-promotion of Spectator brand publications.

Neil spends a lot of time on twitter blocking people and he makes a big thing out it. He doesn't handle criticism very well in my opinion. He also spends an incredible amount of time on twitter as well. 

Edited by EddardStark

I've worked in social care for almost 20 years. Different settings, some really challenging times, thought of leaving on numerous occasions but stuck it out. Worked really hard and enjoy my job, really rewarding. I work in the voluntary sector, low paid, under appreciated (all social care staff). But yesterday was the highlight of my career, made me so proud I nearly cried. I'm getting a badge (apparently) a fuckin badge. Never mind a decent wage rise for the staff, more funding, resources etc. How fucking patronising, a badge. Well Mr Hancock you can take the badge and shove it right up your arse.

I know the SG can do more but listening to that patronising prick yesterday proved to me what a shower of cunts this Tory government really are. Maybe they should all get a badge with the word 'CUNT' on it.

3 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

I've worked in social care for almost 20 years. Different settings, some really challenging times, thought of leaving on numerous occasions but stuck it out. Worked really hard and enjoy my job, really rewarding. I work in the voluntary sector, low paid, under appreciated (all social care staff). But yesterday was the highlight of my career, made me so proud I nearly cried. I'm getting a badge (apparently) a fuckin badge. Never mind a decent wage rise for the staff, more funding, resources etc. How fucking patronising, a badge. Well Mr Hancock you can take the badge and shove it right up your arse.

I know the SG can do more but listening to that patronising prick yesterday proved to me what a shower of cunts this Tory government really are. Maybe they should all get a badge with the word 'CUNT' on it.

The lack of self awareness in this photo is quite frankly baffling - the ratio of Tory to Care in the photo, even before its zoomed in, gives clearer insight than any of his speeches ever could achieve.  It manages to illustrate the antithesis of its proposed purpose.  

Care.png

6 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

The lack of self awareness in this photo is quite frankly baffling - the ratio of Tory to Care in the photo, even before its zoomed in, gives clearer insight than any of his speeches ever could achieve.  It manages to illustrate the antithesis of its proposed purpose.  

Care.png

😆

10 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

‘’ A badge. A sodding badge. Even the writers of the TV series The Thick of It wouldn’t have dared come up with something as crass as this. Especially as it was a badge that had already been launched a year previously to the general indifference of everyone in the care home sector.‘’

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/15/hannocks-shiny-badge-emblem-of-a-scamper-into-tigger-mode

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

‘’ A badge. A sodding badge. Even the writers of the TV series The Thick of It wouldn’t have dared come up with something as crass as this. Especially as it was a badge that had already been launched a year previously to the general indifference of everyone in the care home sector.‘’

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/15/hannocks-shiny-badge-emblem-of-a-scamper-into-tigger-mode

I read that earlier today after I posted. Thought somebody had copied my post.

Am not reading through 95 pages of this, so apologies if someone’s said it already, but I feel I have to get this off my chest.

All this asking “are you alright?”, “how are you doing?”, “how are you finding it?”, etc. is getting right on my tits. People at work I couldn’t give two shits about are asking me what I’ve been up to and how’s the family (that they haven’t even met), etc.

Fuck off already and mind your own fucking business. 

Yes, some people find talking about shite a valuable exercise, but speaking as a relative introvert (until I’ve had a sniff of a shandy) and someone who is more than happy in their own company, I find the intrusion unwelcome. Bugger off.

And yes, I do appreciate the irony of going to the length of posting on a public forum to make me feel better. However, I stand by my guns.

6 minutes ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Am not reading through 95 pages of this, so apologies if someone’s said it already, but I feel I have to get this off my chest.

All this asking “are you alright?”, “how are you doing?”, “how are you finding it?”, etc. is getting right on my tits. People at work I couldn’t give two shits about are asking me what I’ve been up to and how’s the family (that they haven’t even met), etc.

Yes, some people find talking about shite a valuable exercise, but speaking as a relative introvert (until I’ve had a sniff of a shandy) and someone who is more than happy in their own company, I find the intrusion unwelcome. Bugger off.

And yes, I do appreciate the irony of going to the length of posting on a public forum to make me feel better. However, I stand by my guns.

So, how you doing Duncan, you okay?

My current stock of contempt is reserved for those people who think the most important thing in life these days is getting into Aldi or Lidl half an hour before ordinary people. 

" But im a key worker " etc etc. 

42 minutes ago, Farcity said:

My current stock of contempt is reserved for those people who think the most important thing in life these days is getting into Aldi or Lidl half an hour before ordinary people. 

" But im a key worker " etc etc. 

It’s my favourite part of the day. Sometimes I even don’t buy anything. 

On 4/11/2020 at 10:20 AM, ParisInAKilt said:

They are still allowing flights in? Madness. 

Yet the cops will stop folk going to the park 

On 4/11/2020 at 10:25 AM, beardy said:

Do these flights have many passengers. 

As I understand it,  a lot of these commercial  flights are mainly to continue freight routes.

Would like to see the number of passengers through Heathrow. 

I heard a story about someone who works in the NHS who after a stressful day went to their local off license to buy a bottle of wine only to be stopped by the police and told it was not an essential journey and they were fined 30 quid!

What the fuck is the point of that pathetic nazi shite when they are not bothering their arses to test or quarantine people flying in from disease hot spots. These people fly in and get straight onto public transport etc and that is cool... but if you step out for something some prick cop deems non essential you get fined. Britain really is a joke country. It is all for show. They don't give a fuck.

11 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Tell them that actually you're not okay and then go into great detail about exactly why you're not okay and that'll get rid of them very quickly.

Reminds me of a meeting I had at work years ago, involved a group of five or six me. And one woman - IT in the 1990s so pretty standard lack of diversity.

All the men were sitting in my boss's office and the woman was the last one in - not really late, just the last one there.  My boss - who in general was a bit of a prick - asked her completely insincerely "How are you, Sarah". 

The reply was a classic, "I'm okay but I've got bad case of Cystitis at the moment".  At which point we all suddenly found the floor to be a really interesting place and the boss was momentarily speechless before regaining his usual arsehole demeanour.