Coronavirus - Page 94 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

What is the deal if you have a mortgage on a flat / house you are renting out and the tenant cannot pay rent? But the bank expects to be paid...

If you take 3 month mortgage holiday your monthly mortgage payments will increase when you restart so if you want the same profit rent will have to be increased. So changes in contractual rental agreements required. Could get a bit messy.Ā 

17 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

So BJ spent day's in an ICU with coronavirus symptoms, near deaths door, now he has no symptoms at all. I'm no expert, maybe someone canĀ  answer this? Do the positive symptoms go away that quick?

Boris Johnson is focusing on his recovery at his country retreat after testing negative for coronavirus, Downing Street has said.

Getting him away from the public eye is a good move for theĀ tories. He clearly cant be trusted in front of a live audience. The tories can now get on with spinning and spinning until the general public believe theyve done a great job

apparently we are being short changed on the PPE front and it's being orchestrated from Westminster UK PPE firms told not to deal with Scotland. and the fact that they wanted/demanded to a joint procurement of PPE finally proves we are not a united kingdom or equal partners in that case so much for joint procurement to end competition of buying PPE

Ā 

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18377192.westminster-tells-vital-supply-firms-not-deal-scotland/?ref=eb

15 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Ā 

Just put both of your points to the missus (A&E nurse manager). They've been talking about it in work obviously, and their conclusion isĀ you're both right. Lots of factors combining to bring downĀ admission numbers.

I wonder if this will change peoples attitudes about using A& E Ā in the future.
Unfortunately there will always be road accidents , and sporting injuries is part and parcel of the game so hard to avoid, but I imagine A&E deal with a lot of avoidable ailments and unnecessary visits.
Folk will probably just go back to normal but itĀ would do no harm for the government to highlight how much the lowĀ A&E numbers during this virusĀ Ā has taken pressure off the NHS,Ā Ā in the hope it might make people think twice about whether they really need to goĀ Ā there in future .Ā 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I wonder if this will change peoples attitudes about using A& E Ā in the future.
Unfortunately there will always be road accidents , and sporting injuries is part and parcel of the game so hard to avoid, but I imagine A&E deal with a lot of avoidable ailments and unnecessary visits.
Folk will probably just go back to normal but itĀ would do no harm for the government to highlight how much the lowĀ A&E numbers during this virusĀ Ā has taken pressure off the NHS,Ā Ā in the hope it might make people think twice about whether they really need to goĀ Ā there in future .Ā 

Ongoing A&E need to get in the habit of advising folk when it is a NHS24 problem not A&E. Some punters areĀ told to go outside and phone, but not enough. Should be standard practice at triage. It's in the wording ACCIDENT and EMERGENCY.

18 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Ongoing A&E need to get in the habit of advising folk when it is a NHS24 problem not A&E. Some punters areĀ told to go outside and phone, but not enough. Should be standard practice at triage. It's in the wording ACCIDENT and EMERGENCY.

One of the reasons that NHS Tayside tends to have better numbers for A&E, than other parts of Scotland, is that they have a policy of being quite strict (still not strict enough IMO) at "redirecting" patients who turn up at A&E who shouldn't be there. In order to achieve that, they have had to make a big effort engaging with GPs so that theseĀ patients don't get totally ignored. One of the reasons a lot of folk turn up at A&E is because they think that their GP can't or won't help them. A lot of folk won't even consider calling NHS24. IMO GP practices, and how they operate, are a big part of the problem here. GPs could take a much bigger role in solving these problems.

Ā 

34 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

One of the reasons that NHS Tayside tends to have better numbers for A&E, than other parts of Scotland, is that they have a policy of being quite strict (still not strict enough IMO) at "redirecting" patients who turn up at A&E who shouldn't be there. In order to achieve that, they have had to make a big effort engaging with GPs so that theseĀ patients don't get totally ignored. One of the reasons a lot of folk turn up at A&E is because they think that their GP can't or won't help them. A lot of folk won't even consider calling NHS24. IMO GP practices, and how they operate, are a big part of the problem here. GPs could take a much bigger role in solving these problems.

Ā 

GPs opening on some form of Saturday/Ā  Sunday would help although NHS24 seems to work ok in getting folk seen over the weekend so maybe just an education thing.Ā  I woke up early on a Saturday morning throwing up everywhere with a massive red patch on my leg that had been the size of 5p when I went bed.Ā  Phoned NHS24 and they got me seen up in Arbroath out of hours within 30 minutes. Ā Ā 

37 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Ā 

Agree with what you are saying, GPs switch their phones to NHS 24Ā  at 6pm weekdays and all weekend.Ā  There is a massive shortage ofĀ out of hours Doctors on call and even with great financial rewards on offer they mostly avoid it. I would change their contracts to at least one night a month on call.

Some irony in the landlord making David Lloyd pay their dues despite not using the equipment:

Ā https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52274496

Wonder if there was any self-awareness when they asked to not pay for a few months given their own membership renews after a year automatically to include a three month minimum notice period. Ā Ā 

Ā Just been watching the news regarding the deaths in care homes, absolutely shocking, disgrace. BJ and his pals are making a arse of this crisis. Also, if it is proved that PPE is being diverted to England this Tory gov. can go fuck themselves and they need to be held to account. To everyone who has lost someone close to them my thoughts are with you.

The PPE argument rumbles on, still haven't got to the bottom of it. Andrew Neil joining in, criticising the National (but not the TImes or BBc who also ran the story)

Just saw UK Defence Journal weighing in, on Twitter, with a screenshot appearing to reveal that the stocks were PHE's in the first place, hence why the limitation. However that tweet has mysteriously disappeared. I wonder why UK Defence Journal are commenting on a health story (most likely just politically interested like the rest of us amateurs).

1 hour ago, exile said:

I wonder why UK Defence Journal are commenting on a health story (most likely just politically interested like the rest of us amateurs).

Was Stewart McDonald involved in the twitter exchange? As SNP defence spokesman, i've seen them (the journal i mean) weigh in in McDonald'sĀ replies.

Things the WHO Never Claimed: -

Itā€™s a hoax -

Itā€™s like the flu -

Itā€™ll go away, like a miracle -

Captain Bligh was the winner

(Stolen from twatter)

17 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Was Stewart McDonald involved in the twitter exchange? As SNP defence spokesman, i've seen them (the journal i mean) weigh in in McDonald'sĀ replies.

No, it was with Andrew Neil. The defence journal profile implies it's several contributors. Seem pretty standard issue British viewpoint so far.

From what I've seen, Andrew Neil is generally careful what he says but seems to be followed by a bunch of bullying and/or sycophantic followers, who either pile in on anyone who disagrees with him or fawningly praise him (which he then retweets). And endless self-promotion of Spectator brand publications.

I see Angela Merkel has announced amendments to Germany's #COVID19 restrictions.

• Shops ā‰¤800mĀ² can reopen from Monday
  • Schools will gradually reopen from May 4
  • Social distancing rules to remain in place until May 4
  • Border controls in place for another 20 days
  • Major events including football matches banned till 31st August (effect on UEFA tournaments?)

Will be interesting to see how far behind UK acts relative to Italy, France, Germany...

Edited by exile

36 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

What's your point caller?

No point

It's the Coronavirus thread and i have linked a tracker solely for Scotland