Coronavirus - Page 86 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

10 hours ago, macy37 said:

Boris sitting up and positive communication......while still in intensive care.

Ok, just curious, what do you believe has been happening since Sunday night?

Where is Johnson; what do you think is his real condition; which people are in on knowing his real condition?

52 minutes ago, Mox said:

As I said before in this thread, it's amazing that footballers are even involved in this discussion, they've done nothing wrong. The real cretins in this case are the owners, the billion dollar organisations that don't pay tax here and The Government those are who people should be going after not working class folk that have a talent for football. I find it fucking infuriating, you and others are engaging the completely wrong target.

Government diversion tactic, many shallowing it unfortunately.Ā 

41 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Speaking to someone who works at the Vicky in Glasgow they are saying the hospital is relatively quiet.

There is a strange thing going on whereby a lot of folk who would go to A&E are now not doing so due to fear of covid. I saw an article saying that the number of treatments for possible heart attacks and strokes has plummeted. It really does make you wonder about just how much of the pre-covid regular A&E activity was really everĀ necessary.Ā 

This may not last of course if things start getting really bad.

Yeah I think generally Scotland is doing ok, the UK figures as a whole are shite but thats mostly england.
And yea it just shows you how much folk overreact to certain injuries etc. If they were getting charged for it you know most of them wouldn't turn up to A+E for the utter shite they sometimes do. I avoid it at all costs as I hate waiting about. Only go when I've broken something playing football usually.

On 4/7/2020 at 4:57 PM, TDYER63 said:

His pal says he is fitter than he looks. Plays tennis regularly , jogs every day, doesn't smokeĀ and drinks moderately.Ā 

It would appear he is ā€˜in good spiritsā€™ in ICU , which in itself seems a contradiction in terms. My mum spent over a month in ICU and I cant say I recall any patient being in good spirits during that time.
He doesntĀ have pneumoniaĀ Ā andĀ he doesntĀ need a ventilator. This might sound callous butĀ Ā I doubt any ordinary punterĀ would getĀ a bed in ICU.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I posted this 2 days ago and he is still intensiveĀ Ā care despite usĀ being told he is in good spirits, breathing on his own etcĀ .Ā 

On 4/7/2020 at 5:04 PM, phart said:

Aye my dad was in ICU for 3 weeks and was unconscious a lot of it and bewildered the rest of it.

Agreed. My mum was the same. Totally out of it for the vast majority of the time and when she improved a bit was moved to high dependancy. At that stage she was still unable to breatheĀ without oxygen for over a week of her time in there and could not talk for another week after that. But ICU is for critically ill patients and we understood that there were patients in an even worse condition than her.Ā 

59 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Pretty sure Boris is fucking at it. Sitting up fine talking in ICU, well fuck off out of ICU so someone that needs a bed can get it. Absolute bawbag. Our death rate is huge now and nothing is improving, we are going to end up worse than Italy all because of the fucking tories and their inactivity and reluctance to shut the place down early. CUNTS

Ā 

31 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Speaking to someone who works at the Vicky in Glasgow they are saying the hospital is relatively quiet.

There is a strange thing going on whereby a lot of folk who would go to A&E are now not doing so due to fear of covid. I saw an article saying that the number of treatments for possible heart attacks and strokes has plummeted. It really does make you wonder about just how much of the pre-covid regular A&E activity was really everĀ necessary.Ā 

This may not last of course if things start getting really bad.

Depends where you are. I know someone who has beenĀ told their loved one will not be ventilated if they require it as they are stretched.Ā 

16 minutes ago, phart said:

Everywhere is peaking at different times.

It does seem folk are now being more discerning regarding what is a medical emergency though.

Ā 

Very much so. Something is not right as far as i am concerned. He is either more seriously ill than we are being told or he is taking a bed that someone with far more acute symptoms should be given. IMO neither of these is good.Ā 

Why is no-one questioning the fact he is still in ICU if he is on the mendĀ ? Yes he is the PM but is his life more important than any of your loved ones ? The NHS is supposed to be a leveller , it would appear not.Ā 
You are only put in ICU in extreme cases in normal times, apart from anything elseĀ it costs a fortune to keep someone in ICU . WhyĀ would you be given a bed there in the middle of a global pandemic Ā ?Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

29 minutes ago, Mox said:

Absolutely, this disease is a great leveller though šŸ™„

Did you see this from Emily Maitlis last night - usual propaganda editor in chief must be in self-isolation:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-emily-maitlis-newsnight-bbc-inequality-boris-johnson-a9456696.html

Ā 

12 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I posted this 2 days ago and he is still intensiveĀ Ā care despite usĀ being told he is in good spirits, breathing on his own etcĀ .

I posted this 2 days ago and the only updates are the words "improving" and "sitting up in bed"

On 4/7/2020 at 8:09 AM, exile said:

They just said Raab has taken over 'some' of the PM's duties. So, who is looking after the rest? Johnson can't be holding on to some powers while in intensive care? Have the military briefed Raab on the nuclear sub commands?Ā 

Also curious it's over 12 hours since he went into ICU, no new news.Ā 

Where is Cummings? Not seen for 10 days, running down Downing St?Ā 

Ā 

(that's over 60 hours ago in intensive care!)

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Something is not right as far as i am concerned. He is either more seriously ill than we are being told or he is taking a bed that someone with far more acute symptoms should be given. IMO neither of these is good.Ā 

And the media do not seem to be questioning it at all. It's almost like a country that doesn't have a free press.

The wartime analogy seems to work if only for media collusion/news manipulation.

Ā 

Ā 

50 minutes ago, exile said:

Ā 

I haven't seen an explanation for why the death rate appears to high.

Regards the high death rate on London transport. There have been videos of many countries spraying and scrubbing roads and pavements. Seen yesterday a comment about the virus lasting longer than expected on outside surfaces particularly asphalt with advice to remove your outdoor shoes before entering your house.Ā 

Could the virus beĀ  thrown up and entering the drivers cab through ventilation?Ā 

Edited by Och Aye

I wouldn't trust Boris or the Tories as far as I could kick them, but it would be one hell of a bluff if he was at it, and unless he was locked up in Number 10s basement, surely it would get out that he was at it? Even in a ward of uber Tories, someone would speak, surely.

Im not a fan, but Id rather he didnt die in hospital.

34 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Regards the high death rate on London transport. There have been videos of many countries spraying and scrubbing roads and pavements. Seen yesterday a comment about the virus lasting longer than expected on outside surfaces particularly asphalt with advice to remove your outdoor shoes before entering your house.Ā 

Could the virus beĀ  thrown up and entering the drivers cab through ventilation?Ā 

Possibly more likely sitting in a bus full of people all day some of whom were infectious.Ā  Maybe they've received an initial high viral loadĀ similar to the health workers who have died?

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Possibly more likely sitting in a bus full of people all day some of whom were infectious.Ā  Maybe they've received an initial high viral loadĀ similar to the health workers who have died?

In the circumstances it would almost make sense to seal off the drivers' compartments and run the buses for free, as a public service for key workers.

47 minutes ago, exile said:

I posted this 2 days ago and the only updates are the words "improving" and "sitting up in bed"

(that's over 60 hours ago in intensive care!)

And the media do not seem to be questioning it at all. It's almost like a country that doesn't have a free press.

The wartime analogy seems to work if only for media collusion/news manipulation.

Ā 

Ā 

I agree Exile. Nothing is getting questioned. Surely if he was improving they would want to move him out of ICU at least to demonstrate he was out of danger. If not why is he there .Ā 

For the avoidance of doubt, I dont think for one minuteĀ this illness is a bluff, I just do not think it is being handled well.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

16 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I agree Exile. Nothing is getting questioned. Surely if he was improving they would want to move him out of ICU at least to demonstrate he was out of danger. If not why is he there .Ā 

For the avoidance of doubt, I dont think for one minuteĀ this illness is a bluff, I just do not think it is being handled well.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Faking 'mild' symptoms would be easy - just disappear into Downing St for a few days - only those already 'insiders' would know - the rest of cabinet need not even be in on it. He'd get some breathing space, the nation's sympathy, he's be seen to be 'battling and overcoming', he'd be 'all in this together', and painlessly 'serve this time' for being a naughty boy in being too cavalier about it earlier.Ā  If found out, he could just waffle and say I felt bloody rotten, honest guv, but the doc now says false alarm, what ho.

But faking 3 days in intensive care raises too many questions yet to be answered...

Ā 

Edited by exile

6 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

For the avoidance of doubt, I dont think for one minuteĀ this illness is a bluff, I just do not think it is being handled well.

My personal take is that they are generally taking a view that saying as little as possible is the best strategy.

If, hypothetically, they think that his days are, or are likely to be, numbered, then disclosing that would cause damage to the markets, political instability, etc. So the easiest approach is to say all is well, until either all IS well (at least in terms of him being out of the woods, if not necessarily well) or he actually dies, at which point of course that has to be disclosed.

I suspect beyond his treatment team, & let's be honest, you'd have to have some very serious security clearance to be allowed to start sticking tubes, needles, drugs, etc., into him, I doubt anyone beyond a tiny handful of extremely close contacts will have any real idea of the prognosis.

I would imagine that all the normal ICU beds in St Thomas' hospital will be in private rooms. The non ICU bedsĀ will be in bays of 4, 6 or 8. Boris will get a private room whether he needs it or not. This private room will just happen to have the ICU equipment in case he needs it. If we are to believe what we are being told, he doesn't need all the ITU facialities (e.g. ventilator) but it is there if required. I'm fairly sure that not all of the ITU beds in St Thomas' are being used at present so he isn't using up somebody else's bed. They still have spare capacity. But, if anybody thinks Boris won't get special treatment, they are just being naive. He will get everything that is required even if that means somebody else's life is at risk.Ā 

St Thomas' is also one of the few places in the country which has ECMO facilities. If he needs that he will get it. But if he gets to that stage then he will be in a very bad way indeed.

Ā 

10 minutes ago, exile said:

Faking 'mild' symptoms would be easy - just disappear into Downing St for a few days - only those already 'insiders' would know - the rest of cabinet need not even be in on it. He'd get some breathing space, the nation's sympathy, he's be seen to be 'battling and overcoming', he'd be 'all in this together', and painlessly 'serve this time' for being a naughty boy in being too cavalier about it earlier.Ā  If found out, he could just waffle and say I felt bloody rotten, honest guv, but the doc now says false alarm, what ho.

But faking 3 days in intensive care raises too many questions yet to be answered...

Ā 

:blink:

I suppose that's what any severe COVID patient wants really?Ā ;)

Ā 

14 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

My personal take is that they are generally taking a view that saying as little as possible is the best strategy.

If, hypothetically, they think that his days are, or are likely to be, numbered, then disclosing that would cause damage to the markets, political instability, etc. So the easiest approach is to say all is well, until either all IS well (at least in terms of him being out of the woods, if not necessarily well) or he actually dies, at which point of course that has to be disclosed.

I suspect beyond his treatment team, & let's be honest, you'd have to have some very serious security clearance to be allowed to start sticking tubes, needles, drugs, etc., into him, I doubt anyone beyond a tiny handful of extremely close contacts will have any real idea of the prognosis.

That rings true. And the hospital must be respecting his privacy, like any other patient.

Edited by exile

2 hours ago, Kirk said:

Yeah I think generally Scotland is doing ok, the UK figures as a whole are shite but thats mostly england.
And yea it just shows you how much folk overreact to certain injuries etc. If they were getting charged for it you know most of them wouldn't turn up to A+E for the utter shite they sometimes do. I avoid it at all costs as I hate waiting about. Only go when I've broken something playing football usually.

I'd say it's better to be safe than sorry and people should be seeking treatment if they feel its necessary.Ā  If anything - particularly amongst men - there's probably more of a reluctance to seek help.

There should certainly be no barrier to medical services, particularly not cost.

But then that's just me.

29 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I would imagine that all the normal ICU beds in St Thomas' hospital will be in private rooms. The non ICU bedsĀ will be in bays of 4, 6 or 8. Boris will get a private room whether he needs it or not. This private room will just happen to have the ICU equipment in case he needs it. If we are to believe what we are being told, he doesn't need all the ITU facialities (e.g. ventilator) but it is there if required. I'm fairly sure that not all of the ITU beds in St Thomas' are being used at present so he isn't using up somebody else's bed. They still have spare capacity. But, if anybody thinks Boris won't get special treatment, they are just being naive. He will get everything that is required even if that means somebody else's life is at risk.Ā 

St Thomas' is also one of the few places in the country which has ECMO facilities. If he needs that he will get it. But if he gets to that stage then he will be in a very bad way indeed.

Ā 

It also happens to be the closest hospital to where he lives.

Just now, Orraloon said:

AsĀ in NumberĀ 10?

Ā 

That's where he lives.Ā  Technically, I think he actually lives at number 11 as that's a bigger flat.Ā  Ā When Blair became PM he swapped with Brown as at that time Blair had a family and Brown didn't.Ā  Since then I think PMs have lived at 11 and Chancellors at 10.Ā  Ā Chequers is another option but I could see that going down really well if he buggered off there to self-isolate, think Catherine Calderwood x 1000.

I'm not sure he owns any other property, at least none he can stay in.Ā  Ā He obviously has the family home, which I think may be in Islington, where his wife and some of his kids live.Ā  Ā He obviously was thrown out of there and while he was Foreign Secretary he lived in the FO equivalent of 10 Downing Street, which is No 1 Carlton Gardens.Ā  Ā When he resigned, the usual practice is to clear out of these grace and favour residences immediately but he didn't do that straight away.Ā  Ā Before becoming PM, he was staying with his partner at her flat.

Since he's a London MP, he probably doesn't have a residence in his constituency - no need and London MPs don't get the same expenses for a second home that those whose constituencies are outwith London do for pretty obvious reasons.