Coronavirus - Page 85 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

Czech Republic have allowed doctors to treat patients with the anti malarial drug discussed above. It said in the story that the drug was not even registered there but the Ministry of Health or whatever have said there is now an 8 month period where it can be prescribed to treat covid.

EPL players launching an initiative to help the NHS.

As great as these donations are from players and the likes of bet365...... the question i have is why are these donations needed? 

Sorry, i forgot. We are not allowed to question the government right now. 

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

EPL players launching an initiative to help the NHS.

As great as these donations are from players and the likes of bet365...... the question i have is why are these donations needed? 

Sorry, i forgot. We are not allowed to question the government right now. 

All govts should always be questioned at all times.

Isn't  this is more about very rich EPL players not taking pay cuts while club staff are on reduced wages.

Some/many of these players earn more in a week than many of the club staff would earn in several years,

8 minutes ago, fringo said:

Some/many of these players earn more in a week than many of the club staff would earn in several years,

18 of the 20 EPL clubs are owned by billionaires, the players shouldn’t have to take a pay cut to pay anybody’s wages no what they earn 

3 minutes ago, dan cake said:

18 of the 20 EPL clubs are owned by billionaires, the players shouldn’t have to take a pay cut to pay anybody’s wages no what they earn 

Don't agree. Guys earning e.g. 30k-200k per week should be able to set an example whilst colleagues at their club are  losing earnings on a fraction of that money.

The rich owners could do something significant too.

Edited by fringo

8 hours ago, fringo said:

All govts should always be questioned at all times.

Isn't  this is more about very rich EPL players not taking pay cuts while club staff are on reduced wages.

You make a valid point but if they take a pay cut they pay less tax which is less money to the nhs. Surely coming up with a scheme whete they actually give away some of their own cash and pay the tax is a better plan? 

Regardless of what footballers or owners do, the government shouldnt be targeting any group of people becauase of how much they earn.

The targeting of players was a deflection tactic by a governmemt who knows the health servce isnt even close to being prepared. I feel sorry for the nhs workers but watching the current tory government clapping on a thursday night is vomit inducing

Edited by vanderark14

Pretty sure Boris is fucking at it. Sitting up fine talking in ICU, well fuck off out of ICU so someone that needs a bed can get it. Absolute bawbag. Our death rate is huge now and nothing is improving, we are going to end up worse than Italy all because of the fucking tories and their inactivity and reluctance to shut the place down early. CUNTS

10 hours ago, fringo said:

Don't agree. Guys earning e.g. 30k-200k per week should be able to set an example whilst colleagues at their club are  losing earnings on a fraction of that money.

The rich owners could do something significant too.

As I said before in this thread, it's amazing that footballers are even involved in this discussion, they've done nothing wrong. The real cretins in this case are the owners, the billion dollar organisations that don't pay tax here and The Government those are who people should be going after not working class folk that have a talent for football. I find it fucking infuriating, you and others are engaging the completely wrong target.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

14 London bus drivers have died from Covid-19 so far, a really frightening stat :(

Jesus 😳 thats not the kind of person that you, well I at least, would think about being on the list of dangerous professions. It does of course make perfect sense though.

24 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Pretty sure Boris is fucking at it. Sitting up fine talking in ICU, well fuck off out of ICU so someone that needs a bed can get it. Absolute bawbag. Our death rate is huge now and nothing is improving, we are going to end up worse than Italy all because of the fucking tories and their inactivity and reluctance to shut the place down early. CUNTS

Speaking to someone who works at the Vicky in Glasgow they are saying the hospital is relatively quiet.

There is a strange thing going on whereby a lot of folk who would go to A&E are now not doing so due to fear of covid. I saw an article saying that the number of treatments for possible heart attacks and strokes has plummeted. It really does make you wonder about just how much of the pre-covid regular A&E activity was really ever necessary. 

This may not last of course if things start getting really bad.

17 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Jesus 😳 thats not the kind of person that you, well I at least, would think about being on the list of dangerous professions. It does of course make perfect sense though.

Absolutely, this disease is a great leveller though 🙄

10 hours ago, macy37 said:

Boris sitting up and positive communication......while still in intensive care.

You fucking clowns still believing the shit the media is feeding you? Aye? Really? Fuckwits.

3 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Personal insults. Nice. Big man.

What can you do when self awareness is so low?