Coronavirus - Page 81 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

15 hours ago, exile said:

If we're talking just about politics, then I think Calderwood was probably toast from the moment the expose was published, and the time it would take before she went was only going to damage the authority and judgement of the FM (I would say the same if the whole thing was UK level). In terms of whether or not it was right decision from a public health point of view, probably academic, as the public acceptance is part of the job, so part of the story. Probably best outcome to move on and focus on combatting the virus.

Ā 

Ā 

That's a fair point.Ā  If it was just some crap politician who'd put his or foot out of line I wouldn't care a jot but it's immensely frustrating that the government has lost the services of someone with a skills set that could be crucial right now, and all on the back of some nebby article in a shiterag of a newspaper.

As for Prince big ears, there were plenty of people raging about him on social media but very little in the press.

18 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

You could bet good money that many of them will go ahead with it anyway.

It's their right to walk the Queen's highway and no tarrier virus is going to get in their way

Already at it in Dreghorn. (apologies for posting link from the sun)

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5464679/coronavirus-scotland-ayrshire-social-distancing-loyalist/

3 hours ago, scotlad said:

That's a fair point.Ā  If it was just some crap politician who'd put his or foot out of line I wouldn't care a jot but it's immensely frustrating that the government has lost the services of someone with a skills set that could be crucial right now, and all on the back of some nebby article in a shiterag of a newspaper.

As for Prince big ears, there were plenty of people raging about him on social media but very little in the press.

Well it's the usual double standards. Did you see Murdo Fraser and another Tory apparently went up a mountain, allegedly when the "don't go up mountains" was in effect.

Also I wonder what all those cabinet ministers and medical officers have been doing at weekends. Whataboutery, perhaps. But how else to illustrate double standards?

Edited by exile

22 minutes ago, exile said:

Well it's the usual double standards. Did you see Murdo Fraser and another Tory apparently went up a mountain, allegedly when the "don't go up mountains" was in effect.

Also I wonder what all those cabinet ministers and medical officers have been doing at weekends. Whataboutery, perhaps. But how else to illustrate double standards?

Aye, I saw that too (the Tweet has now apparently been deleted!).

Another example would be Matt Hancock opening a temporary hospital while clearly suffering from some of the symptoms of the virus - again, little or no media criticism.

It's sod's law that the only high profile person to leave their post for going against advice is one who could actually be useful.

the odds might be as bad as 50/50 on survival , although probably higher as he will have been moved as a precaution in case he needs ventillation. However that's assuming everything released to the press is accurate.

25 minutes ago, phart said:

the odds might be as bad as 50/50 on survival , although probably higher as he will have been moved as a precaution in case he needs ventillation. However that's assuming everything released to the press is accurate.

Given that at 5 o'clock, the line was that he'd been taken in for precautionary tests, he was in good spiris andĀ had been working from his hospital bed its safe to assume that everything being realised to the press is *not* accurate.Ā 

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Given that at 5 o'clock, the line was that he'd been taken in for precautionary tests, he was in good spiris andĀ had been working from his hospital bed its safe to assume that everything being realised to the press is *not* accurate.Ā 

I'm getting my figures from here who are getting them from "286 NHS intensive care and combined intensive care and high-dependency units in England, Wales and Northern Ireland as of midday on Friday."

1 minute ago, phart said:

I'm getting my figures from here who are getting them from "286 NHS intensive care and combined intensive care and high-dependency units in England, Wales and Northern Ireland as of midday on Friday."

I'm talking about the seriousness or otherwise of his condition, it's been downplayed consistently since he fell ill.Ā 

29 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Don't like the cunt, or anything him or his party stand for, but he has a child on the way so hope he pulls throughĀ 

I'd never wish for the death of any human being, but, given his track record with his previous unknown number of children (and his consistent refusal to answer questions about if he even has a basic element of involvement in their lives), that might not make that much difference to Johnson Jr.

The more I hear about this virus and it gets closer to home the more that I feel that (a) there is information that they are not telling us or, equally as likely (b) there is much they don't know about this virus. šŸ¤”