Coronavirus - Page 76 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

This is because it comes direct from China.Ā 

Have a look further down the article above and see for yourself. Remember, this the Health Sect going on National TV in front of millions to preach to us about safe distancing etc etc etc. Whilst the rest of us are in solitary confinement ?Ā :-)

https://t.co/sr5BuBANar?amp=1&fbclid=IwAR16hZKRou7QHDO630_mKqYJWfHF6hyjeK1CNo2p1THKvexK4IQidy4xmfw

Ā 

Edited by EddardStark

Funny how self-conscious I feel now just clearing my throat around other people.

I saw someone on the telly sayingĀ that coughing in public is now more socially unacceptable than farting and I thought it bloody well is.

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Have a look further down the article above and see for yourself. Remember, this the Health Sect going on National TV in front of millions to preach to us about safe distancing etc etc etc. Whilst the rest of us are in solitary confinement ?Ā :-)

https://t.co/sr5BuBANar?amp=1&fbclid=IwAR16hZKRou7QHDO630_mKqYJWfHF6hyjeK1CNo2p1THKvexK4IQidy4xmfw

Ā 

They will ride rough shod over the whole electorate on this.

At the end, the narrative will be how well the government has done to manage in a time of crisis. Kept the death toll down, blah, blha , blah. The media will be complicit in this, they will extol the virtues of the cabinet, knighthoods will be given.

Brexit will then get driven through due to the need to 'distance' from Europe. Not one thought will be given to the number of 'immigrant' staff in the NHS.

Once that is done the narrative will quickly change to how the NHS failed the nation. There will be many American health care firms waiting in the wings to pick up contracts and the privitisation will begin. Especially if they get as screwed with Covid as they look like.

It's all fvcked.

Ā 

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

NHS suffering severe shortages we are told so who is going to be working in these pop up hospitals? NHS appears to be coping fine so far, these hospitals are currently empty. Scare tactics.

Or good contingency planning.Ā 

Look af this graph from New York as an example of what can happen if this gets out of control...

EUqfJnuUcAEyTie.jpeg.688b114db7b33c9ff56

1 hour ago, beardy said:

At the end, the narrative will be how well the government has done to manage in a time of crisis. Kept the death toll down, blah, blha , blah. The media will be complicit in this, they will extol the virtues of the cabinet, knighthoods will be given.

Brexit will then get driven through due to the need to 'distance' from Europe. Not one thought will be given to the number of 'immigrant' staff in the NHS.

Once that is done the narrative will quickly change to how the NHS failed the nation. There will be many American health care firms waiting in the wings to pick up contracts and the privitisation will begin. Especially if they get as screwed with Covid as they look like.

It's all fvcked.

Ā 

Add the big debtĀ  write off - yummy!

4 hours ago, bonzo said:

This is because it comes direct from China.Ā 

My bad

I just go with the reviews

Not as if i'll be going anywhere before then

Should be interesting

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

Funny how self-conscious I feel now just clearing my throat around other people.

I saw someone on the telly sayingĀ that coughing in public is now more socially unacceptable than farting and I thought it bloody well is.

Pity the person that coughs and farts at the same time.Ā 

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

My bad

I just go with the reviews

Not as if i'll be going anywhere before then

Should be interesting

I cleared my throat this morning while stood in the butchers. The old woman closest to me shit a brick. Got rid of her quicker though.

Is anyone else as concerned as me about the mental health consequences of all this ? Everything is , understandably , being focused on the virusĀ , but this isolation reallyĀ couldĀ screw a lot of people up.Ā Ā 
Imagine living in a small flat with kids 24/7 and struggling to make ends meet. Or the worry for people withĀ family in the at risk categories and not being able to see them.Ā 
People on this board are experiencing having lost loved ones and not being able to attend funerals.
I have beenĀ trying to avoid the news but i saw a picture of the funeral of the 13 yr old boy whoĀ died and whose family couldn't attend asĀ they were showing symptoms. It was heartbreaking to watch.Ā Ā 

4 hours ago, beardy said:

It's all fvcked.

Ā 

What a miserable outlook.

And I agree with every word.

I hold no torch for the Gov and believe they have royally effed up by being too slow at moving to lockdown. To those who think this is "scare tactics" or being overplayed I must disagree. I hope you are right, but I'm pretty sure you are not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-52165397

I don't give a tinkers curse how the Tories try to spin it when it's all over - it doesn't matter... not one bit.

Take this seriously.. deadly serious.

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Bet that cunt on here was one of them.

That's right...Ā 

Find someone to make a scapegoat to try and ease the fear and uncertainty you're feeling.

That's always a sure-fire solution.Ā šŸ‘

With tens of thousands dead, and the world in lockdown, I have the crazy idea that we should beĀ looking at all possibilities by leaving no stone unturned.

You can accept the official MS take, but I will always reserve the right to challenge it.

As usual, I wish you and yours the best.

19 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I also ordered one, not the same one but a Philips thingy through amazon germany. Amazon Uk was unsurprisingly out of stock. Described as DIY hair clippers with an attachment to go full snooker ball if desired. I have a regular pair of hair clippers but I am so bored I just thought fuck it let's buy something completely unnecessary.Ā Ā Postponed the big cut until tomorrow to post shopping run in case i make such an arse of it I cannot go out for several hours.

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

That's right...Ā 

Find someone to make a scapegoat to try and ease the fear and uncertainty you're feeling.

That's always a sure-fire solution.Ā šŸ‘

With tens of thousands dead, and the world in lockdown, I have the crazy idea that we should beĀ looking at all possibilities by leaving no stone unturned.

You can accept the official MS take, but I will always reserve the right to challenge it.

As usual, I wish you and yours the best.

Fruit cake.Ā