Coronavirus - Page 72 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

47 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I haveĀ rereadĀ the advice and it does state parks can be used as long as people adhere to social distancing.Ā 

Persobally i am avoiding parks anyway. No point taking risks

Down here is similar, people are flocking to parks and even beaches however the beaches look emptier today and yesterday.

Ā 

I think a lot of it comes down to common sense. What is sensible to do, will be different in different locations. Down where you are, I'm guessing is more densely populated than most parts of Scotland and so social distancing will be a wee bit more difficult. I just hope that the police act responsibly with any new powers they are given. We all know that there are some polis who just love to demonstrate their new power to the public as soon as they get a chance to. There is no reason why folk living in, sayĀ Cupar, shouldn't drive to tentsmuir and go for a walk in the forest or the beach. That must be less likely to spread the virus than wandering about the streets of somewhere like Glasgow. If they get there and find the car park jam packed they should just drive somewhere else.

Ā 

29 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think a lot of it comes down to common sense. What is sensible to do, will be different in different locations. Down where you are, I'm guessing is more densely populated than most parts of Scotland and so social distancing will be a wee bit more difficult. I just hope that the police act responsibly with any new powers they are given. We all know that there are some polis who just love to demonstrate their new power to the public as soon as they get a chance to. There is no reason why folk living in, sayĀ Cupar, shouldn't drive to tentsmuir and go for a walk in the forest or the beach. That must be less likely to spread the virus than wandering about the streets of somewhere like Glasgow. If they get there and find the car park jam packed they should just drive somewhere else.

Ā 

That was my thinking at first but I suspect they want as few people driving at all to reduce accident risk?

21 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

That was my thinking at first but I suspect they want as few people driving at all to reduce accident risk?

That will be the excuse the polis might use to stop you. Give them a few extra powers and they think they can do what they want. Which they probablyĀ can.

Don't get me wrong, most them are awright but there are always a few who get off on pushing it as far as they can.

Ā 

17 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

The trees and bushes get pissed off and start killing people.

Whatā€™s not to get? šŸ˜‚

Feck me is that it? There's me thinking about government secret labs having a meltdown and releasing it, or some super power doing CBRN Exercise and it all going wrong and the agent is released to the atmosphere.Ā 

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

That will be the excuse the polis might use to stop you. Give them a few extra powers and they think they can do what they want. Which they probablyĀ can.

Don't get me wrong, most them are awright but there are always a few who get off on pushing it as far as they can.

Ā 

Aye, I can see why anyone would think that - We did

However, now believe it is to reduce accidents and protect frontline workers from dealing with other shit they can do without - RTA's

We live in a small town in Norfolk, and I've never seen so many dogs being walked (Be similar everywhere I'm sure) - Therefore we've been driving a few miles down the road to a pretty much deserted woodland to walk ours / get some exercise - No issues in terms of social distancing as we rarely see anyone

That said, and for the above reason, yesterday was our last trip until this is past - We'll just have to head out of town on foot and keep practicing SD as best we can

1 minute ago, Redz said:

Aye, I can see why anyone would think that - We did

However, now believe it is to reduce accidents and protect frontline workers from dealing with other shit they can do without - RTA's

We live in a small town in Norfolk, and I've never seen so many dogs being walked (Be similar everywhere I'm sure) - Therefore we've been driving a few miles down the road to a pretty much deserted woodland to walk ours / get some exercise - No issues in terms of social distancing as we rarely see anyone

That said, and for the above reason, yesterday was our last trip until this is past - We'll just have to head out of town on foot and keep practicing SD as best we can

Did the police actually stop you?

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

Did the police actually stop you?

No, not at all - We came to that conclusion ourselves

I doubt it'll be much longer before folk in lorries / vans etc start shaking their fist at people driving about with a kid and / or a dog in the back

We actually felt, rightly or otherwise, quite uncomfortable on the drive, and as such, made the decision

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Ā 

I dont aboutĀ theĀ polis but the security guard at Morrisons the other day was a jumped up hitler. I realise its a shit situation but the place was empty.Ā 

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I dont aboutĀ theĀ polis but the security guard at Morrisons the other day was a jumped up hitler. I realise its a shit situation but the place was empty.Ā 

Aye, some folk need to calm doon a wee bit.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Redz said:

No, not at all - We came to that conclusion ourselves

I doubt it'll be much longer before folk in lorries / vans etc start shaking their fist at people driving about with a kid and / or a dog in the back

We actually felt, rightly or otherwise, quite uncomfortable on the drive, and as such, made the decision

That's fair enough, probably sensible.

Ā 

How come so many right wing politicians and commentators seem to have got this so far, Johnson, Jack, Hancock, Toby Young. Is it that they weren't taking it seriously, didn't follow their own advice or maybe just wanted to avoid the cameras.Ā  I'm unaware of too many other politicans having it, although that my justĀ  be because its not been as well publicized.

8 hours ago, Toepoke said:

16 more deaths in Scotland today.Ā 

547 in the rest of the UKĀ :blink:

I've seen it said that UK is going worse than Italy at the same stage.šŸ˜·