Coronavirus - Page 69 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Raymoondo...Ā :(

It's far too early for me to come to a conclusion of what ingredientsĀ have contributed to this crisis.

The population of Canada is 38 million.

We've only just started Spring here, but temperatures still going below zero (as it normally does in these parts).

We have 5,596 cases, and 61 deaths (so far).

As a postal worker in myĀ 32nd yearĀ of service, my take would gladly be that any show of appreciation would be saved for the health workers.

I couldn't tie their shoes.

With folk in isolation, it's important for the sake of morale and hope that they continue to see the outside world functioning as normally as it can, and that's why things like garbage collection and postal delivery are important in that regard.

It's a privilege to be able to bring folk their CD's, DVD's, video games, books, appliances, medicine, groceries, alcohol, clothes, etc, if it can help break up their day, help keep them occupied, and help them to stay isolated.

The job is now a duty.Ā šŸ‘

Ā 

Far too early? Did I not read you said it was due to 5G?

7 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Far too early?Ā 

For a conclusion? Yes

7 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Did I not read you said it was due to 5G?

Yes.

The thinking early days wasĀ that the symptoms of the side effects of 5GĀ mirror those of coronavirus, but I don't see how that would have brought us to this point.

Edited by Scotty CTA

2 minutes ago, exile said:

Sorry for contributing another death rate numbers post, but this is the first and only time I've seen a graph showing Scotland relative to others...

EUSmVk9XQAAvMzN?format=jpg&name=4096x409

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

thought the reporting of the 'Swedish experiment' was a bit low key ; in Canada anyway .....

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Our posties are doing a grand job. When are they going to get a clap?

I read one study, using a different coronavirus, which suggested it could remain viable on a surface for up to 9 days depending on conditions. They gave an average range of a few hours up to 5 or 6 days. I suppose it might depend on how much slavers he transferred to each envelope? Hope you've had your dinner.:barf:

Virus no bad enough without them getting the clap as well?

4 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Tories now blaming the Chinese for not telling them how bad it was.

Only because their Commander in Chief across the Atlantic is doing that too. Wonder when they'll start talking about TV ratings.Ā 

16 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

It looksĀ like beingĀ a nation of couch potatoes has eventually paid off.Ā 

I'm waiting for today's numbers before reading too much into yesterday's. Hopefully we don't have a Monday spike. The HNS work a wee bit differently at the weekends.

On 3/28/2020 at 11:00 AM, TDYER63 said:

I have posted about this in the ā€˜finalā€™threadĀ Ā in TA specific. The only way you can get a refund is to call them and itĀ is impossible to get through, I have given up after holding forĀ hours the past 2 days. I wasĀ Ā supposedĀ Ā to flyĀ today and need to claim the refund no later than 2 hrsĀ before I travel. They are being devious bassas. The money expert forum is rammed with complaints.Ā 

I have finally just submitted a normal complaint form under the ā€˜contact usā€™ section on the website. I have taken screenshots of my booking in the ā€˜manage my bookingā€™ sectionĀ where they clearly offer a refund, then the page where they say you need to contact theirĀ Ā customer service centre to get a refund.Ā 
I totally get they are overwhelmed and the refund may not be given for some time, that is fine, but if I dont send some sort of proof that i haveĀ been trying to contact them prior to the date my flight was due to go, they will say I am too late for a change of booking or refund.Ā 

All they had to do was put a section on the website to complete if you wanted a refund. But they are clearly hoping people get fed up. The music they play on their customer service line alone would drive you to drink.Ā 

I have submitted a complaint too

Any time I call now the line is busy, I didn't get the chance to stay on hold.Ā 

Ā 

Here is a summary of someĀ  SAGE advice to UK Govt. It seems to be published today, but links to a series of earlier briefings. The bits I saw not very detailed but include the following .

"Where public disorder occurs, it is usually triggered by perceptions about the Governmentā€™s response, rather than thenature of the epidemic per se. For example, a perception that the Government response strategies are not effective in looking after the public may lead to an increase in tensions"

"The public need to understand the purpose of the Governmentā€™s policy, why the UK approach differs to other countries and how resources are being allocated."

They seem keen to promote a sense of ā€œwe are all in this togetherā€

Couldn't see anything specific to Scotland or advice on how to deal with communicating to "4 nations"

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I have submitted a complaint too

Any time I call now the line is busy, I didn't get the chance to stay on hold.Ā 

Ā 

Believe me, you won a watch notĀ Ā having to listen to the music.
I had a slightly different number from the general number which actually got meĀ onto a queue,Ā but in the endĀ all it did was waste 3 hours of myĀ life before telling meĀ to fook off.
I should have just taken a quick hit like you.Ā 

2 hours ago, exile said:

Here is a summary of someĀ  SAGE advice to UK Govt. It seems to be published today, but links to a series of earlier briefings. The bits I saw not very detailed but include the following .

"Where public disorder occurs, it is usually triggered by perceptions about the Governmentā€™s response, rather than thenature of the epidemic per se. For example, a perception that the Government response strategies are not effective in looking after the public may lead to an increase in tensions"

"The public need to understand the purpose of the Governmentā€™s policy, why the UK approach differs to other countries and how resources are being allocated."

They seem keen to promote a sense of ā€œwe are all in this togetherā€

Couldn't see anything specific to Scotland or advice on how to deal with communicating to "4 nations"

I did take note that the phrase 'behavioural scientists' did appear more often than epidemiologists a week or so ago.

We're in this for the long haul if this isn't beaten by say, a roastin' hot summer...

Edited by Grim Jim
speeling