Coronavirus - Page 66 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

8 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Just goes to show that we can't even be sure of the official numbers in the UK.

"A spokeswoman for the hospital confirmed that a 28-year-old man had died on 24 March after testing positive for the virus. ā€œHe died with Covid-19. I cannot tell you whether that was the reason he died,ā€ she said."

Was that counted as a COVID-19 death or not?Ā 

It's a wee bit like the often quoted statistic that 80% of men over the age of 80 will die with prostate cancer but not necessarily from prostate cancer.Ā 

I assume that the death certificate will state multiple causes of death, but how do they decide which ones count as COVID deaths and which ones don't?

11 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Yes, that does seem to be the case. The lock-down restrictions are impacting care.

It's hard for me to comment as I'm not there, but I hear things as my family are in a situation that mirrors slasher's. Father dying (not Covid related). Had a call from one of my sisters yesterday that they were going into the hospital to say goodbye as he's deteriorated further, but my mother isn't allowed as she's high risk (married sixty years). Dunno, just seems unnecessary - she's got terminal bone-marrow cancer and won't last much longer anyway. Meanwhile I'm here; not that my being there would do any good.

We finally got the all clear to use digital death certificates and the funeral looks like it'll be the end of next week or the beginning of the following week. At the moment we are to be allowed up to 10 people as long as they observe social distancing. It's likely by the time we get to then restrictions may be even tighter.Ā 

I know you're maybe a wee bit off that but that's where we are at the moment. All the best to you and your family. ā¤ļø

56 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Boris wonā€™t have it. Thatā€™s all show, good tactics.

When I saw him on TV telling us about it, I thought "There's fuk all wrong with him" no cough not even a sniffle. Malingering fuker. If he worked for me he would be on a disciplinary when he came back to work.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

If I'm reading the numbers correctly

New York has tested 138376 and have 44800 proven cases from which 519 have died.

That's 0.4% of all people tested. Or 1.15 of proven cases that die.

That actually seems on the money with other places.

This will be a catastrophe for the American health care system.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Easyjet being extremely difficult with customers.

Cancelling flights and only.giving the option to pick another flight with waived fees. Return flights to glasgow cancelled and return flights to tenerife cancelled. Im ltd company self employed so this money could be really useful right now. Theres rumours that easyjet and ryanair are lobbying the government to keep the money.

Id accept a voucher like BA but i have a feeling i will need this money in the coming months.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Cancelling flights and only.giving the option to pick another flight with waived fees. Return flights to glasgow cancelled and return flights to tenerife cancelled. Im ltd company self employed so this money could be really useful right now. Theres rumours that easyjet and ryanair are lobbying the government to keep the money.

Id accept a voucher like BA but i have a feeling i will need this money in the coming months.

Not sure if this is helpful, i'm sure you would of checked this out?

If you have requested an easyJet voucher this will be emailed to the easyJet account holder that made the original booking. Please note due to exceptionally high volumes vouchers may take several days to be issued.

The voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. The voucher can only be used on easyJet.com using the same easyJet account as the original booking. Not available on the mobile app. The voucher code must be entered on the payment page prior to completion of the booking. Only one voucher can be used per booking.

If the new booking is greater than the voucher value, the difference must be paid by card. If the new booking is lower than the voucher value, the remaining value is stored and can be used on future bookings within the validity date. The new booking must be for flights only (including any seats and bags booked at the same time). The voucher cannot be used where other ancillaries are added such as cars or travel insurance. Vouchers cannot be redeemed via the call centre or at the airport.

Some booking types might not be eligible for a voucher and therefore a refund may be issued instead. If you made your booking via a tour operator, travel agent or OTA please contact them directly to get your voucher or refund. We are not responsible for any third party fees

5 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Not sure if this is helpful, i'm sure you would of checked this out?

If you have requested an easyJet voucher this will be emailed to the easyJet account holder that made the original booking. Please note due to exceptionally high volumes vouchers may take several days to be issued.

The voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. The voucher can only be used on easyJet.com using the same easyJet account as the original booking. Not available on the mobile app. The voucher code must be entered on the payment page prior to completion of the booking. Only one voucher can be used per booking.

If the new booking is greater than the voucher value, the difference must be paid by card. If the new booking is lower than the voucher value, the remaining value is stored and can be used on future bookings within the validity date. The new booking must be for flights only (including any seats and bags booked at the same time). The voucher cannot be used where other ancillaries are added such as cars or travel insurance. Vouchers cannot be redeemed via the call centre or at the airport.

Some booking types might not be eligible for a voucher and therefore a refund may be issued instead. If you made your booking via a tour operator, travel agent or OTA please contact them directly to get your voucher or refund. We are not responsible for any third party fees

Thanks mate

I have no idea how to claim the voucher. Id rather have the refund because things will.be tight for us if this lockdown last for a while

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Thanks mate

I have no idea how to claim the voucher. Id rather have the refund because things will.be tight for us if this lockdown last for a while

Did you book through Easyjet directly? We had the same shit for a hotel booked through Booking. Com.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/policy/coronavirus

54 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Thanks mate

If you paid by credit card claim it back that way.Ā 

Claimed refund for BA flights Lon-gla-Lon for thursdayā€™s nights game...... they cancelled....in the old world you could do the refund online. Now the stankies have switched to only let you get voucher for future travel. CAA regs state you are legally entitled, so phoning customer services (20 mins on call so not too bad) I got refund........ trying to protect there business but a disregard for folk who really need to talk to customer services.

11 hours ago, slasher said:

We finally got the all clear to use digital death certificates and the funeral looks like it'll be the end of next week or the beginning of the following week. At the moment we are to be allowed up to 10 people as long as they observe social distancing. It's likely by the time we get to then restrictions may be even tighter.Ā 

I know you're maybe a wee bit off that but that's where we are at the moment. All the best to you and your family. ā¤ļø

Sorry for your loss, having lost my own father some years back I know how much the closeness of friends and family helps at a time like this.

I just heard that an absolute legend from my home town passed on last week, elderly lady, had been ill for some time, nothing to do with COVID, it was just her time to go I guess. Ā  A real community stalwart for decades. Ā  I think a few people on here will know who I mean.

Her funeral will similarly be severely limited when it should've been the closest thing to a state funeral the town has had but I'm sure the town will find its way to pay its respects.

32 minutes ago, aaid said:

Sorry for your loss, having lost my own father some years back I know how much the closeness of friends and family helps at a time like this.

I just heard that an absolute legend from my home town passed on last week, elderly lady, had been ill for some time, nothing to do with COVID, it was just her time to go I guess. Ā  A real community stalwart for decades. Ā  I think a few people on here will know who I mean.

Her funeral will similarly be severely limited when it should've been the closest thing to a state funeral the town has had but I'm sure the town will find its way to pay its respects.

Funerals are hard at anytime, but i canā€™t describe what familyā€™s must be going through now, an old pal of my brothers funeral was yesterday and only 5 people attended because of whatā€™s happening at this time, there would have been many people at the funeral,Ā 

They had a video link at the crematorium for people to watch, I found it very sad to watch as did many others who would have attended to pay their respects.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I have posted about this in the ā€˜finalā€™threadĀ Ā in TA specific. The only way you can get a refund is to call them and itĀ is impossible to get through, I have given up after holding forĀ hours the past 2 days. I wasĀ Ā supposedĀ Ā to flyĀ today and need to claim the refund no later than 2 hrsĀ before I travel. They are being devious bassas. The money expert forum is rammed with complaints.Ā 

I have finally just submitted a normal complaint form under the ā€˜contact usā€™ section on the website. I have taken screenshots of my booking in the ā€˜manage my bookingā€™ sectionĀ where they clearly offer a refund, then the page where they say you need to contact theirĀ Ā customer service centre to get a refund.Ā 
I totally get they are overwhelmed and the refund may not be given for some time, that is fine, but if I dont send some sort of proof that i haveĀ been trying to contact them prior to the date my flight was due to go, they will say I am too late for a change of booking or refund.Ā 

All they had to do was put a section on the website to complete if you wanted a refund. But they are clearly hoping people get fed up. The music they play on their customer service line alone would drive you to drink.Ā 

4 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Claimed refund for BA flights Lon-gla-Lon for thursdayā€™s nights game...... they cancelled....in the old world you could do the refund online. Now the stankies have switched to only let you get voucher for future travel. CAA regs state you are legally entitled, so phoning customer services (20 mins on call so not too bad) I got refund........ trying to protect there business but a disregard for folk who really need to talk to customer services.

Similar problem. Flights bookedĀ with BA for Vegas next month. Got cancelled so tried calling for refund but gaveĀ up after 60 min wait, wife had waited 90 mins the previous day. Tried cancelling online but was only offered a voucher. Wouldn't have been so bad but no guarantees they will operate flights in next 12 months and if the unthinkable happens and they go to the wall then my voucher would become a rather expensive coaster.Ā 

20 hours ago, exile said:

Clearly it's not longer possible to spot what is a developed country and what is a third world country.

China (and I think Cuba) have been sending out medical help to Europe; Britain is struggling but at least has an NHS; USA seems in chaos and denial, tragically.

China, Russia, and Cuba 'helping' in Italy.

Sneakily looking for a way to split the European Union.