Coronavirus - Page 59 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

My flight with easyjet to glasgow tomorrow was cancelled by the airline

Does anyone know how to get a refund? Their website is very unhelpful. The site states I should call customer service but I just get a voicemail stating I should call back later.

Have you tried their chat? I had to change a few things about 6 months ago and it was pretty good and the staff very helpful - even if you are just typing to them. 

Just now, aaid said:

Surely the medical staff can administer the test - it will obviously have to go to a lab for processing though.

I'm assuming that the NHS has their own labs and isn't reliant on the private sector for this but who knows in England.

Taking the sample is just a few swabs, almost anybody could do it.

Aye, NHS Scotland have their own PCR machines. They need the test kits for this specific virus though. The first stage of the test differentiates between coronaviruses, flu viruses, rhinoviruses etc. They will probably have plenty of kits for the first part. They have been doing that bit for years. That will tell them if the person has a coronavirus. It won't tell them which one though. They will need the new test kits to specifically test for this new SARS-CoV-2 virus (as it is now being called). I'm guessing that could be the bit that is in short supply? Not sure though.

29 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I don't remember that on countdown. Has she had work done?

I think she quite clearly has, the fuckin munter. Even Jessica Rabbit didn’t have tits and ass like that, and she was a fuckin cartoon! Grow auld gracefully, ya tart 😏

3 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I think she quite clearly has, the fuckin munter. Even Jessica Rabbit didn’t have tits and ass like that, and she was a fuckin cartoon! Grow auld gracefully, ya tart 😏

6 minutes ago, fringo said:

In these exceptional times you should be allowed at least two and 3 at weekends. 😃

McTeeko has saved me the bother 😁

37 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Have you tried their chat? I had to change a few things about 6 months ago and it was pretty good and the staff very helpful - even if you are just typing to them. 

Chat is shutdown☹☹

Given my replies to previous posters about fake news (for want of a better phrase) here's a cut and paste from bookface from someone who lives in up north. 2 different posts by the way

My only hope is that he doesn't infect anyone.
8too late rumours say 8 staff inflected. Who will pass it into the village of mainly elderly people. Hope they sue this eejit.

can you guess the source of infection ?

Edited by davierobbsagod
vv

Each to their own but I'm not sure speculation on the death rate is helping any of us. There are too many variables and too much unknown data whichever source you pick from. 

Just stop would be my plea....... there I said it 👍

It is a pandemic. Maths is now a big part of understanding the potential risk and whether we are accelerating or slowing. Rates of infection, new cases, recoveries, deaths etc etc are the numbers in these equations.

Just stop reading the thread or put the folk talking numbers on ignore. 

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It is a pandemic. Maths is now a big part of understanding the potential risk and whether we are accelerating or slowing. Rates of infection, new cases, recoveries, deaths etc etc are the numbers in these equations.

Just stop reading the thread or put the folk talking numbers on ignore. 

The basis of any mathematical calculation is based on accurate numbers. You have very few sound bases to work with and are therefore speculating..... Oh and don't fuckin tell me what to do 🖕

10 minutes ago, slasher said:

The basis of any mathematical calculation is based on accurate numbers. You have very few sound bases to work with and are therefore speculating..... Oh and don't fuckin tell me what to do 🖕

Just stop would be my plea. 

3 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Not sure there, not something like 70% of population live in the central belt??

Sounds right, but its definitely not as populous as London, Birmingham, Manchester etc.

I reckon we have an older population and we are well known for being less healthy so it probably all balances out.

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Like I give a fuck. You called me a fud early on for suggesting this was a serious situation. You are not the only one dealing with shit Slasher. Good night.

Fair enough if not entirely accurate. I was honest enough to admit that I was wrong pretty quick. I stand by my assertion that speculation on the death rate is helping no one on here. 

Hope you're OK 👍