Coronavirus - Page 57 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

A lot of it is still vague and notĀ to well defined. It can't be easy to have set in stone rules applied so quickly as things are moving. It's still illegal to drive a vehicle without an MOT or insurance,Ā soĀ at present MOT testing stations and insurance companies are still considered essential businesses, and are allowed to stay open. You would think insurance companies could makeĀ it easier for staff to work from home. MOT testers can't do that. They have so far suspended MOTs for buses and lorries but not cars or vans yet. My mate who does MOTs is expecting to be closed down soon but something will need to change to allow folk to continue driving if their MOT runs out.

Ā 

MOTs are being rolled over for six months from the end of the month, ie. next week.Ā  Ā Ā 

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

The general principle that should apply to all businesses - and people -Ā  should be unless I'm certain that I'm exempt then I shouldn't open up and I should send all my staff home.Ā  Ā It shouldn't be trying to game the system to manufacture some reason to stay open.Ā  If they are in doubt they should shut down and contact the government to see if they should stay open.Ā  Ā 

I completely agree. The governmentĀ keeps chopping and changing though.Ā 

The latest advice appears to be that people who can't work from home can go to work "to keep the country running".

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

The latest advice appears to be that people who can't work from home can go to work "to keep the country running".

Aye, they are definitely leaving room for interpretation. But it must be hard to do otherwise. The wifie on the news last night kept saying "remember to stay indoors", but that's not what Boris said. He said "stay at home". My garden is part of my home but it's not indoors. I'm spending most of my time in the garden, my shed and my garage, neither of which are "indoors". If I spent too much time indoors I'd be getting murdered by her indoors.Ā 

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1242802038234374148

21 year old dead from Coronavirus

No pre-existing health conditions

Find nothing wrong with wanting to scare everybody into self isolation. Fear might be the only thing that does work! Wouldn't no known pre-existing health conditions be a fairer way to word that though?

I said earlier in this topic that Ive almost certainly had this virus. Self isolated for 8 days now but only had mild effects whereas my daughter who is 31 was very cloae to being taken to hosp with breathing difficulties as a result of it. Im nearly back to ok ..shes still washed out. Statistically its affecting older folk more seriously but as can be seen by the death of the 21 year old girl .youngsters are not immune just less likely to suffer.

As for Prince Charles .completely ignoring uk govt guidelines taking himself and his entourage to the highlands on Sunday. Completey ignoring thr serious urgings of Sturgeon and her CMO on Sunday. But look at today .when questioned re Prince Charles.Sturgeon and her CMO totsllyĀ bottled it fudging an answer.

18 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Which government?Ā  And that's a big part of the problem.

6 hours ago, phart said:

It's the difference between how many people die of the virus and how many people die cause they can't get treatment for the virus.

And those who die of boredom reading swathes of regurgitated figures from wanabee CarolĀ Vordermans who really havent a fookinĀ clue how many people will die.Ā Ā 

I am away to the positivity thread .šŸƒā€ā™€ļøšŸƒā€ā™€ļøšŸƒā€ā™€ļø

Ā 

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Today.

Only for MOT's that expire after 30th March though.

Thank fuck

My Merc has been in the garage since last Tuesday trying to finally address coroded brake pipes (see the thread below for motorsĀ  that the previous owner had off the road for a long time)

Was wondering why they havent called me

Ā 

edit - shit my MOT expired today

Edited by Ally Bongo

58 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

I said earlier in this topic that Ive almost certainly had this virus. Self isolated for 8 days now but only had mild effects whereas my daughter who is 31 was very cloae to being taken to hosp with breathing difficulties as a result of it. Im nearly back to ok ..shes still washed out. Statistically its affecting older folk more seriously but as can be seen by the death of the 21 year old girl .youngsters are not immune just less likely to suffer.

As for Prince Charles .completely ignoring uk govt guidelines taking himself and his entourage to the highlands on Sunday. Completey ignoring thr serious urgings of Sturgeon and her CMO on Sunday. But look at today .when questioned re Prince Charles.Sturgeon and her CMO totsllyĀ bottled it fudging an answer.

Thank fuk you're back. I was beginningĀ to think Ā you were deed.Ā :ok:

18 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

And those who die of boredom reading swathes of regurgitated figures from wanabee CarolĀ Vordermans who really havent a fookinĀ clue how many people will die.Ā Ā 

Ā 

And folk who think 27 C will kill the virus.Ā ;)

Ā 

2 hours ago, Och Aye said:

My mates 20 year daughter instructed to go to work (travelling Motherwell to Glasgow) as a key worker. Van insurance and renewals!!! Nothing in their plans to allow working from home. Utter madness. I think some businesses should be taking it more seriously.Ā 

My daughters boyfriend still has to go into work , his companyĀ sells Microsoft software. He is not happy and feels it is easily a job that could be doneĀ Ā at home , especially Ā since he works 10 mins walk from the place.Ā 
I can only think they are getting roundĀ this by suggesting there is demand for computer software from all the businesses now having to workĀ from home as I cant think how else this would be classified as essential.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Thank fuck

My Merc has been in the garage since last Tuesday trying to finally address coroded brake pipes (see the thread below for motorsĀ  that the previous owner had off the road for a long time)

Was wondering why they havent called me

Ā 

edit - shit my MOT expired today

MOT or on MOT you really don't want to driving around with your brake pipes hanging off.

Ā 

31 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Ā 

To be fair since none of the reading is compulsory you only have yourself to blame for that.