Coronavirus - Page 48 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

Just now, Farcity said:

And the part that says you are more likely to get it through the eyes? 

A quick Google search would suggest a mask would make you five times less likely to be infected through the mouth/nose. I'd say that was pretty substantial. 

And you called me a pedant? 

I didn’t say you were more likely to get it through your eyes. I said just as likely, if not more likely. I didn’t know whether you were more likely to get it through your eyes or not. You certainly are if you’re wearing a mask.

I honestly didn’t do that much research into it but if you touch your face with an infected hand you will probably get the virus whether you’re wearing a mask or not. Just my opinion, based on what I’ve read and watched. If you disagree that’s fair enough. 

12 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Are you suggesting I’m Chripper because you disagree with something I posted?

Fuck me, this place is becoming an absolute joke. 

It is a joke indeed. It's titled coronavirus yet you are rambling on about Boris and his potential as a pub quiz team member and pruning hedges and potting geraniums. 

1 minute ago, Farcity said:

It is a joke indeed. It's titled coronavirus yet you are rambling on about Boris and his potential as a pub quiz team member and pruning hedges and potting geraniums. 

Says the guy having a go at me. Just ignore my posts mate. Easy as that. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

And you called me a pedant? 

I didn’t say you were more likely to get it through your eyes. I said just as likely, if not more likely. I didn’t know whether you were more likely to get it through your eyes or not. You certainly are if you’re wearing a mask.

I honestly didn’t do that much research into it but if you touch your face with an infected hand you will probably get the virus whether you’re wearing a mask or not. Just my opinion, based on what I’ve read and watched. If you disagree that’s fair enough. 

Well done, so you agree that the mask can be effective then. Phew, we got there in the end. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

Says the guy having a go at me. Just ignore my posts mate. Easy as that. 

Well stop talking pish then nobody will need to have a go at you. , this thread is littered with your soiling. Let's leave it there then. 

Just now, Farcity said:

Well done, so you agree that the mask can be effective then. Phew, we got there in the end. 

I agree it could be effective if an infected  person coughed or sneezed in your face whilst you had your eyes closed or were wearing protective eyewear like doctors do. 

How many people are going to wear eye protection as well? 

Why are we being told there’s not much point in wearing a mask if they are that effective? Wouldn’t the government be advising us to wear them?

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I agree it could be effective if an infected  person coughed or sneezed in your face whilst you had your eyes closed or were wearing protective eyewear like doctors do. 

How many people are going to wear eye protection as well? 

Why are we being told there’s not much point in wearing a mask if they are that effective? Wouldn’t the government be advising us to wear them?

And bullet proof vests are only effective when someone shoots you, the rest of the time, whats the fucking point.

Can specky bastards wear a mask?

Give it a rest, and don't ruin this thread.

Edited by kumnio

Italian deaths down today, hopefully the quarantine lag has caught up and we see more of a reduction each day. Then we need a treatment quick to try so we can relax the shutdown of the economy and then hold out till a vaccination is developed.

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

And bullet proof vests are only effective when someone shoots you, the rest of the time, whats the fucking point.

Can specky bastards wear a mask?

Give it a rest, and don't ruin this thread.

Hmmm. 

Are you telling me that I’m not allowed to give my opinion on whether face masks are effective against the coronavirus on a coronavirus thread? 

If you don’t agree with me that’s fair enough but why be rude about it?

5 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Anyone else read that as banana and think WTF.

People have been pictured with half a hollowed out orange being used as a face mask. The real fear hasn't hit Britain yet... You'll know it has when you have a pair of your old Y-Fronts wrapped around your face doing your weekly shop.

3759f51c64de6e2aecda2f0f2ada053a?width=6

Edited by thplinth

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

People have been pictured with half a hollowed out orange being used as a face mask. The real fear hasn't hit Britain yet... You'll know it has when you have a pair of your old Y-Fronts wrapped around your face doing your weekly shop.

3759f51c64de6e2aecda2f0f2ada053a?width=6

In that case just wait till the washing powder runs out, allied with the lack of bog roll. Folk stoating up and down the frozen food section with skidmarks across their chin.  

2 minutes ago, phart said:

https://www.jpost.com/International/Israeli-doctor-in-Italy-We-no-longer-help-those-over-60-621856

Israeli doctor in Italy: We no longer help those over 60

Israeli medical doctor Gai Peleg told Israeli television that in northern Italy the orders are not to allow those over 60 access to respiratory machines.

Grim as fuck.

Bloody hell.

17 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Pretty much 95% of people are now wearing masks here. Fear is definitely being hyped to the extreme.

Where do you live? I can’t say I’ve seen that many people wearing masks in and around Glasgow. I’ve seen a few but I’ve seen a lot more wearing blue gloves. 

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

My friend who is a nurse sent this text earlier. Folk shouldn't really need to fill up if they are supposed to be isolating but I think we are kidding ourselves if we think no one is going out.

EFA67D24-2C07-4868-93C9-B890C278F3DA.jpeg.dc0c538402682a7adb409082d2a51657.jpeg

I filled my tank today. 😟