Coronavirus - Page 35 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

It's worse for my Dad. He's 92 and a worry himself but fiercely proud and independent. Imagine being married for 63 years and not being able to be together at the end. Absolutely fuckin horrific. She told me to get home tonight and look after my family šŸ˜¢

Sorry mate x

21 minutes ago, slasher said:

I had to visit Hairmyres hospital tonight to say goodbye to my terminally ill mum. (not corona related) It was an eerie experience with the place on lockdown and the doomsday feel wasn't helped by the army trucks we saw in Motherwell on the way home.Ā 

Ive implored my wife to stay home from work and she's finally agreed. Everyone should stay at home if they can for now..... not possible for all I know. Good luck to everybody and try to stay positive šŸ‘

Good luck to you too man.Ā 

17 minutes ago, slasher said:

It's worse for my Dad. He's 92 and a worry himself but fiercely proud and independent. Imagine being married for 63 years and not being able to be together at the end. Absolutely fuckin horrific. She told me to get home tonight and look after my family šŸ˜¢

Thatā€™s an awful situation mate - my heart goes out to you & your family. Nothing much to say that can make it better but I hope everyone finds some peace.Ā 

6 minutes ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Rumour tonight at work is that there is going to be an announcement tomorrow at at 5pm of an immediate 15 day lockdown.Ā  Work for one of the largest manufacturing sites in the country and information like this which is leaked by the union is usually pretty reliable.Ā 

Ā 

Military Personnel and vehicles will be on the streets in hours/daysĀ 

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

Military Personnel and vehicles will be on the streets in hours/daysĀ 

We saw them in Motherwell tonight, about 20 trucks up at Dalziel. My m8 reckons they've to set up temporary military type tents as triage. Saveable cases will be sent to hospital......Ā 

5 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Slasher, I feel for you and your family. Stay safe everyone.

Thank you and thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts. I appreciate them all. ā¤ļø

My offer on the other thread stands to all. We're all Jock Tamsons bairns as far asĀ  I'm concerned and if we stick together we'll fuckin beat this šŸ‘Š

Edited by slasher

Just saw on twatter the video selfie of the woman in her mid 30s in a UK hospital with CoronavirusĀ 

No pre existing conditions and in some state but almost took herĀ 

Fucking scary

56 minutes ago, exile said:

Those aren't necessarily what they're being made out to be. The top one isn't even in UK....Ā 

Aye. Over here in Ireland we're about a week or so ahead of Scotland.

Expect loads of these rumours. Your WhatsApps chats will be spreading it no doubt.

Also expect government messages telling you to only trust official sources and ignore the rumours.

3 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Just been into my local Tesco and itā€™s incredible. Panic buying cunts aplenty. My pal who is a gaffer there has had enough of horrible rude bastards. Majority of which are over the age of 65.Ā 

My mate says asda was packed out at 6am. Bet all of them to a man voted for Brexit as well.

BBC Breakfast news interviewer at some Tory Boy school down south giving it big licks about social distancing as he interviews the young kids & Deputy Head. Meanwhile in the background the bairns are ambling about an inch apart.šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

18 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Schools shutting by Friday.Ā 

Do I really have to work from home?Ā šŸ˜–

Ā 

Would think I qualify as a key worker, food logistics, so you can imagine the look of my children's faces when I told them the school will remain open for them!!Ā šŸ˜µ

6 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

Apologies your right those are not correctĀ 

No probs. It's difficult filtering the truth when the leaders of the two biggest (fake) news-generating countries are habitual liars.

One of the problems pointed out is that the UK Government is still in its usual communications mode of trailing, leaking, hints via journalists, to friendly newspapers, etc. So they don't say what they are doing but hint they might. So they said something about possible travel restrictions and military backup, and by Wednesday evening #lockdownlondon and #lockdownUK areĀ trending.Ā 

Also it doesn't help when our famously lying Prime Minister's dad is given a platform to contradict (or at least risk confusing) the PM's advice on social distancing and not going to pubs, and - shock horror - it's treated as entertainment.

Ā 

Also let's not forget this. Either he shook covid patients' hands and has been spreading / endangering, or else he lied about it.

Ā 

Edited by exile

10 hours ago, slasher said:

I had to visit Hairmyres hospital tonight to say goodbye to my terminally ill mum. (not corona related) It was an eerie experience with the place on lockdown and the doomsday feel wasn't helped by the army trucks we saw in Motherwell on the way home.Ā 

Ive implored my wife to stay home from work and she's finally agreed. Everyone should stay at home if they can for now..... not possible for all I know. Good luck to everybody and try to stay positive šŸ‘

That's terrible to hear Slasher. I look after my gran who is 92, like your dad, just a nightmare situation all round.

16 hours ago, Orraloon said:

They also seem to be doing a pretty good job of keeping it quite that the initial modelling was done for a different virus.

Aye, I've seen / heard a few comments in terms of this

Is this legitimate/ What source?