Coronavirus - Page 29 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Saying it is not the virus that kills you but a weakened immune system is not unusual. I belive quite a few other things 'kill' you in a similar manner... i.e. indirectly by provoking your own immune stsyetm to go radge on you by mistake (i.e. the cytokineĀ storm thing).Ā 

What he does so say that is more unusual (29.05) is that it is a high sugar diet that is one of the main contributing factors to a weakened immune system. I can testify to this from personal experience. It was very noticeable to me when I stopped eating anything with added sugar. (That rules out about 80% (or maybe 90%) of every supermarket.)Ā You stop getting sick (mostly) or at least I did. I am not saying it will make you immortal but I really noticed it. I've been saying it for years on here but no cunt listens. lol.

It's kind of like saying falling from a tall building doesn't kill you, it's the ground.Ā 

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

Saying it is not the virus that kills you but a weakened immune system is not unusual. I belive quite a few other things 'kill' you in a similar manner... i.e. indirectly by provoking your own immune stsyetm to go radge on you by mistake (i.e. the cytokineĀ storm thing).Ā 

What he does so say that is more unusual (29.05) is that it is a high sugar diet that is one of the main contributing factors to a weakened immune system. I can testify to this from personal experience. It was very noticeable to me when I stopped eating anything with added sugar. (That rules out about 80% (or maybe 90%) of every supermarket.)Ā You stop getting sick (mostly) or at least I did. I am not saying it will make you immortal but I really noticed it. I've been saying it for years on here but no cunt listens. lol.

I've been listening.Ā :ok:

Thats me just back from Benidorm

Could have been worse but only got 4 days out the 7

Lockdown from midnight on Friday and the nearest thing to martial law than martial law

Was the quickest scoot to the Airport this morning - after the taxi driver had proven to the Guardia Civil that he did indeed have business to be on the road for

Latest purchase limits placed on shops, in light of the Coronavirus due to panic buying;

ASDA: 2 hand sanitisers and a 4 pack of toilet rolls.

TESCO: 1 hand sanitiser, 500g of rice and 4 pack of toilet rolls.

WAITROSE: 1 lobster, 6 quails eggs and 100g of Foie Gras.

ALDI: a MIG welder, a pink sports bra, 2 trumpets and 1 wetsuit.

3 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

It's kind of like saying falling from a tall building doesn't kill you, it's the ground.Ā 

It might offer a better solution however. Rather than pinning our hopes to a vaccine maybe we should all be doing things to boost our immune systems as much as possible between now and possibly catching it.Ā 

I am thinking stay off all added sugar obviously but also start taking some supplements. I have some mega high dosage Vitamin D and C tablets and I am also taking general multivitamins and other supplements (Omega fish oil capsulesĀ etc). Trying to also catch a bit of mid day sun where possible (boosts your own VitaminĀ D production). I also have some of those tablets that promote goodĀ bacteria in the gut and boost your immune system.

I went to the chemists there today and I see their vitaminĀ shelves have taken a beating soĀ I am obviously not alone in thinking this so maybe get some in now while you can.

Edited by thplinth

16 minutes ago, thplinth said:

It might offer a better solution however. Rather than pinning our hopes to a vaccine maybe we should all be doing things to boost our immune systems as much as possible between now and possibly catching it.Ā 

I am thinking stay off all added sugar obviously but also start taking some supplements. I have some mega high dosage Vitamin D and C tablets and I am also taking general multivitamins and other supplements (Omega fish oil capsulesĀ etc). Trying to also catch a bit of mid day sun where possible (boosts your own VitaminĀ D production). I also have some of those tablets that promote goodĀ bacteria in the gut and boost your immune system.

I went to the chemists there today and I see their vitaminĀ shelves have taken a beating soĀ I am obviously not alone in thinking this so maybe get some in now while you can.

I think not only terms of fighting this infection but with regards to general health, this approach is such an obvious one to take and the right one. The trouble is that our diet as a nation is absolutely horrendous and I suspect you're right and that this may contribute to whether individuals are able to see this out.

22 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Do these health supplements actually work ? I completely agree that keeping yourself as healthy as possible is half the battle and taking supplements will do no harm, but do they actually do anything. Anytime I have taken supplements I haveĀ felt no difference whatsoever.Ā 

9 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

My wife just sent me this, I'm busy at work. Is there any truth to this?? šŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗ

Screensho.jpg

Yes. He had leukaemia also,Ā so underlying health problems. Ā The leukaemia was only diagnosedĀ when he was admitted with coronavirus right enough.Ā 

4 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Measures ramping up now but do these clowns realise that not everyone works behind a desk therefore not having the ability to work from home.Ā 

I could see this coming but that is no comfort whatsoever for folk whose wages will be drastically affected.Ā 
There has to be concerted government intervention to provide financialĀ assistance. They can use some of the money from unnecessary and /or hair brained schemes for a start.Ā 

13 minutes ago, Mox said:

What is also blatantly obvious, is how out of his depth Johnsone is, he's absolutely shitting himself.

I'm not sure.Ā Ā  He can read from the script of instructions to the masses.

Meanwhile, the virus gets the blame and he's off the hook for the total mess we were about to be in without it.

9 minutes ago, Mox said:

What is also blatantly obvious, is how out of his depth Johnsone is, he's absolutely shitting himself.

Part of me thinks it must be an impossible decision for anyone. A far bigger part of me thinks ā€˜ you have made your bed so lie in it ya uselessĀ bassa.ā€™Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

I'm not sure.Ā Ā  He can read from the script of instructions to the masses.

Meanwhile, the virus gets the blame and he's off the hook for the total mess we were about to be in without it.

It depends how he handles the fallout.Ā Ā If people are inĀ financial ruin and the government have been seen to drag their heels providingĀ assistance the publicĀ will remember it.Ā 
Bailouts for banks will rightly be thrown right back at them.Ā 

Well, I'm now officially on lockdown - finally had a telephone appointment with my Doc - have been suffering a "chest " infection since Jan 31 that just wouldn't quite go away - now on antibiotics and er... tins of sausages and spaghetti hoops :) . Have set up everything to work from home as much as possible , but can go sick if required. Please wipe down your screen after reading this post.

Edited by Lobey

1 hour ago, bonzo said:

Measures ramping up now but do these clowns realise that not everyone works behind a desk therefore not having the ability to work from home.Ā 

Itā€™s not really about stopping everyone from getting they virus. The government just doesnā€™tĀ want everyone to get it at the same time.Ā 

47 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Itā€™s not really about stopping everyone from getting they virus. The government just doesnā€™tĀ want everyone to get it at the same time.Ā 

Yip

80% of us are expected to catch it during it's run

You can do the maths on the death rate from other countries

Basically a lot of people have a death sentence hanging over them in the near future

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

It depends how he handles the fallout.Ā Ā If people are inĀ financial ruin and the government have been seen to drag their heels providingĀ assistance the publicĀ will remember it.Ā 
Bailouts for banks will rightly be thrown right back at them.Ā 

There has already been considerable backlash from the hospitality, entertainment and service industry as a result of BJ telling people to avoid pubs, theatres etc but not closing them therefore making it impossible for them to claim for losses through insurance.

A decision that Ive no doubt was shaped by numerous friends in the Insurance industry.

The man is a complete fucking buffoon that can barely string a coherent sentence together, I can't think of anyone worse to be in charge of a crisis like this.