Coronavirus - Page 24 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

1 minute ago, slasher said:

When the apocalypse comes, right up to the last minute there'll still be 2 cunts bickering on the TAMB! 

With the impending lockdown (already here in Ireland...it'll happen in Scotland soon enough), the TAMB is going to go into meltdown.

TAMBpocalypse.

15 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

I'm going to Australia, hopefully, (via Dubai) on Wednesday. Been checking Emirates flights, Dubai airport for information. At this time flights are ok, deep cleaning etc. Dubai airport staff are checking your temp. when we go for connection. Me and the Mrs are not leaving the house until we head to the airport. Pretty confident it will be ok. Only thing that is pissing me of is that I gave my tickets away for the Israel game thinking I wouldn't be here to see it. Now it will probably be re-arranged when I am here and don't have a ticket. Fuck coronavirus...…...

Don’t know if you have saw this, I am in Sydney and it has just been announced anyone coming have to self isolate for 14 days,

1 hour ago, slasher said:

When the apocalypse comes, right up to the last minute there'll still be 2 cunts bickering on the TAMB! 

Yes, but what about? Glengarry feathers? 3 at the back? The old firm? Independence/Brexit? Gender recogniton?

15 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

The answer is it has cost me over £5k and if I cancel I lose it. Health is important but you have as much chance of catching it here as you have abroad. So our process is fuck it and to be honest when i'm away I won't be on the TAMB and have to read your pish, whoever you are.

Surprised you’ve not been offered a refund. 

3 hours ago, Dave78 said:

With the impending lockdown (already here in Ireland...it'll happen in Scotland soon enough), the TAMB is going to go into meltdown.

TAMBpocalypse.

What does lockdown actually mean tho m8, specifically? 

1 minute ago, slasher said:

What does lockdown actually mean tho m8, specifically? 

Schools shut. Pubs shut (well, they're shutting down after the 'CloseThePubs' outrage on Twitter today).

Also, lots of panic buying. The supermarkets are full of panic buying. I went to go get stuff on Wednesday... turned around when i saw all the twats in the queues.

This photo went viral on Irish social media. Really shows up the worst of us....

1.jpg

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

People panicking and how they react is what worries me the most. 

Aye. 

With WhatsApp it's a double-edged sword. Lots of great comminity spirit among my neighbours, but lots of panicky rumours too. 

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Interesting graph this. Shows the value of widespread testing...

E443CBBD-5C49-44F7-B458-9E1C5CCBE85F.png

I read that S Korea’s cases are largely based around 2 things. One is some church/cult like group and the other is a call centre which was labelled as a ‘super cluster” where a couple of the group worked. They will probably account for the large number in the 20-29 group.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/regional/2020/03/11/seoul-reports-90-new-covid-19-cases-linked-to-call-centre

2 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Schools shut. Pubs shut (well, they're shutting down after the 'CloseThePubs' outrage on Twitter today).

Also, lots of panic buying. The supermarkets are full of panic buying. I went to go get stuff on Wednesday... turned around when i saw all the twats in the queues.

This photo went viral on Irish social media. Really shows up the worst of us....

1.jpg

That's a sad photo that. All these arseholes buying up ridiculous quantities of everything need their jaws rattling. The stores don't seem able to replinish stock either which is not good for yer old grannies that have to traipse into town on public transport on the off chance the shop has some mince and bog roll back in. 

52 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Anyone still thinking of going on holiday must be insane. 

Apparently loads of idiots still travelled to Benidorm for St. Patrick's Day. Just in time for Spain to close down. The Guardia cleared them off the beach yesterday at 11am. All pubs and restaurants closed. They've cleared the supermarkets of bevvy and are gathering in groups to still have a party. Lunatics. The emergency measures planned for 8am tomorrow have just ben enacted with immediate effect. You're not allowed out apart from work/food/bank. Guardia will be enforcing this curfew. Airspace likely to close by Tuesday at the latest.

They only thing I truly fear is if the water is cut off long term. That is when you are really fucked, not when you run out bog roll. As bad as it is getting it does not seem likely though unless this mutates into a zombie plague.

10 minutes ago, thplinth said:

They only thing I truly fear is if the water is cut off long term. That is when you are really fucked, not when you run out bog roll. As bad as it is getting it does not seem likely though unless this mutates into a zombie plague.

Those with gardens/roofs could collect rainwater?