Coronavirus - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

:ph34r:

North Korea's first confirmed Coronavirus COVID 19 patient shot dead: report

By anti aircraft guns presumably. Just amazed they did not have her/him ripped apart by a pack of wild dogs. 

The number of reports about Kim killing his uncle/girlfriend/cousin only for them to reappear at some event months or years later is astonishing. Someone should compile a list. 

(Kev you should post your holiday pics bet it would be fascinating.)

Edited by thplinth

On 2/28/2020 at 7:00 PM, WCTA said:

I imagine that deep frying the coronavirus would have the same effect

On 1/30/2020 at 5:38 PM, thplinth said:

I have been trying to find that thread where derekfaejapan (I thought it was) asked the board, "Japanese style facemasks! could they catch on in the UK?" (Or words similar). I seem to recall people ripping the utter pish out of him and even starting piss taking threads asking similar type questions.... with 'could it catch on' on the end. Oh how we all laughed at the time. He has probably stockpiled them and is now sitting on a goldmine.

Aye...Well remembered.

Telt yeez... 😷

13 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Was planning on flying back to Scotland from Australia in May. 

Anyone reckon its best to hold off on booking a flight? Flying with a 2 year old. 

By the middle of April we should have a better idea whether it is going to cross the tipping into a full blown pandemic or not.

I'm not sure that helps you decide whether to book flights or not. I guess there are many other variables which will affect that decision.

Confirmed case in our offices down in London.  It's been closed and everyone (around 200 I think) all sent home.  As a result all inter office travel has been banned which saves me having to go to down south for the the foreseeable!! Every cloud etc! 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Confirmed case in our offices down in London.  It's been closed and everyone (around 200 I think) all sent home.  As a result all inter office travel has been banned which saves me having to go to down south for the the foreseeable!! Every cloud etc! 

I hope you were wearing a mask when you were typing that? I don't want to have to put you on ignore.;)

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

By the middle of April we should have a better idea whether it is going to cross the tipping into a full blown pandemic or not.

I'm not sure that helps you decide whether to book flights or not. I guess there are many other variables which will affect that decision.

That’s helpful, sounds like a good idea to hold off booking anything just now and see what happens over the next month