Coronavirus - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Coronavirus

The Dow Jones dropped over a thousand points yesterday so somebody is getting spooked by it.

Only 61 reported cases in Iran and yet they are saying 15 deaths. That is a bit alarming.

Big spike in Italy as well now.

I can see them shutting down the planes here if this keeps progressing.

I have to admit to being a bit suspicious about it all.

20 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Hopefully next week cause I'm flying off for the weekend.

Computer says around 1 in 100 will cop it...

https://futurism.com/neoscope/recent-simulation-coronavirus-killed-65-million-people

Ā 

Ā 

I'm off to Benidorm for Cheltenham

I am worrying about a European travel ban !

The WHO have said that it seems to be burning itself out in Wuhan due to the number of daily deaths decreasing

Reports that the UK Government are starting "Excess Death Contingency Planning" with local authorities but i'm not sure it will come to that.

It looks like this is similar to the flu with those that suffer other medical ailments and the elderly most at risk rather then the general population

The Spanish Flu was a fucker as it was likely to kill those that were young and fit rather than the weak

32 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The WHO have said that it seems to be burning itself out in Wuhan due to the number of daily deaths decreasing

Reports that the UK Government are starting "Excess Death Contingency Planning" with local authorities but i'm not sure it will come to that.

It looks like this is similar to the flu with those that suffer other medical ailments and the elderly most at risk rather then the general population

The Spanish Flu was a fucker as it was likely to kill those that were young and fit rather than the weak

I hope you're right as I'm due in Tuscany in a few months. At the moment I'm not quite sure which way this is going to pan out šŸ¤”

24 minutes ago, slasher said:

I hope you're right as I'm due in Tuscany in a few months. At the moment I'm not quite sure which way this is going to pan out šŸ¤”

Months?Ā Ā  There's only so much tinned meat I can eat.Ā Ā  I only have one sack o' beans left too.Ā Ā Ā  Montana Red Dog anyone?

Ā 

8 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Months?Ā Ā  There's only so much tinned meat I can eat.Ā Ā  I only have one sack o' beans left too.Ā Ā Ā  Montana Red Dog anyone?

Ā 

Well, according to the WHO medical experts it could be months to get a grip on a mass European outbreak šŸ˜·

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Well, according to the WHO medical experts it could be months to get a grip on a mass European outbreak šŸ˜·

Acht, we'll all be worrying about mosquito borne diseases by then.Ā Ā  Meanwhile, I'm putting my affairs in order.Ā Ā  I come from a long line of dead people.

Am I tempting fate?Ā Ā  :unsure:

8 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Acht, we'll all be worrying about mosquito borne diseases by then.Ā Ā  Meanwhile, I'm putting my affairs in order.Ā Ā  I come from a long line of dead people.

Am I tempting fate?Ā Ā  :unsure:

Don't forget that the typhoid outbreak in Aberdeen was caused by a tin of corned beef.Ā 

16 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Whatā€™s the chances of these fitbaā€™Ā play-offs all going ahead as scheduled seeing as sporting events are now being cancelled?Ā šŸ¤”

Four weeks to go. Could go either way. If they do need to get cancelled, I think the teams with the higher Nations League ranking should go through.Ā ;)

Maybe the whole tournament might have to be cancelled. Hopefully it will have calmed down by then.

Ā 

40 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Starting to look like it is past the peak. AsĀ long there are no more major upward spikes in the next 3 weeks it should hopefully start to fizzleĀ out.Ā 

Past it's peak? It's now just starting to come out and spread properly.Ā  This has a long way to go IMO.

Ā