Does Cummings Get called up for the playoffs - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Does Cummings Get called up for the playoffs

Guest ElChris04

IF Cummings continues his form would you want him called up?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one :

• Aye : could be a surprise player for us
    • Naw : not worth the risk

Guest ElChris04

After his 2 goals against the reigning European champions in a 2-2 draw with Shrewsbury, would you give Cummings the go ahead IF he continues his from. 

things to look at 

- it was a makeshift Liverpool team but still had names like Lovren,Matip,Adrian, Fabinho, Origi, Minamino and had players like firmino come later on. Some of the names mentioned are capped internationals for their country And some absolutely brilliant players who would walk into our team 

- his record for Shrewsbury hasn’t been anything special beforehand. 4 goals in 15 games according to TM. Not including domestic cup goals like last nights. 

again it comes back too would you take a punt on him if he builds his form on from here? Or you reckon this could turn out to be his only career highlight. Leave it up to you in the poll. 

I was waiting for this thread - didn't expect a poll though.

Mind you I was also expecting the interviewer to ask Cummings post-match if this had been the highlight of his career.

I remember years ago Andy Walker similarly scored for a lower league club - Bolton Wanderers - to actually knock Liverpool out of the FA cup.   After the match the interviewer asked him that question.   To Walker's credit, he gave him a complete WTAF look and said words to the effect of "well, I've played for my country and won the league and cup already, so naw."

Scored a few for shrewsbury past few games and if umyou read their forums (even before last night) they all seem to be on agreement hes a level above them and wont be in league 1 for too much longer. Suppose given his track record need to see what team/if anyone will take a punt on him. Hes a good goalscorer and I’d like to see him do well 

18 minutes ago, Slide Tackle said:

Scored a few for shrewsbury past few games and if umyou read their forums (even before last night) they all seem to be on agreement hes a level above them and wont be in league 1 for too much longer. Suppose given his track record need to see what team/if anyone will take a punt on him. Hes a good goalscorer and I’d like to see him do well 

Don't get that, he hasn't started a game in two months. Has come of the bench in most of the games so not injured. 

Think some one has suggested he has an attitude problem so I suppose if that's the case he might mature,

But on the basis of what we have seen  so far surely not

1 hour ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Weird that there’s talk of him being called up for Australia and Lyndon Dykes has been all over the papers looking for a Scotland call up. 

Dykes is easily the better option.

Has he though?  I thought he'd said Australia was his first choice but he'd "consider" us.  He's a far better option but not if we're anything other than his number one.

Guest ElChris04
17 hours ago, WCTA said:

Are you on the wind up? 😳

Seen A lot of people ask the question on twitter and IG. 

was worried people would have the same idea on here, thankfully not.