Kobe Bryant - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kobe Bryant

2 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Okay doke....just Googled him....RIP someone who could afford a helicopter .

Last time you went on holiday did you not... "afford a jet"? Death on you capitalist pig.  (joking obviously). Anyway RIP old whatshisface.

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

Doesn’t seem to be getting mentioned in any of his accolades, 4 million dollar engagement ring for his missus “smoothed” it over tho

Sky sports are going to ton with the tributes today. I didn’t realise basketball was that popular here. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Sky sports are going to ton with the tributes today. I didn’t realise basketball was that popular here. 

I think it's becoming more and more popular with the help of games in London and talents like LeBron James etc.

Where I used to live in London, there were basketball courts up at Turnpike Lane station and if it was dry they were hoaching with young kids all year round.

Basketball isn’t a sport, it’s a bairns game. 

Any game that can end up 121-137 is just pish, it’s designed to keep yanks entertained, people who have an attention span of 4 seconds. That’s probably not true, but it’s still fucking stupid. 

Edited by kumnio

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Basketball isn’t a sport, it’s a bairns game. 

Any game that can end up 121-137 is just pish, it’s designed to keep yanks entertained, people who have an attention span of 4 seconds. That’s probably not true, but it’s still fucking stupid. 

It used to be a lot tougher in the 70's and 80's but it's basically no contact at all now. So diving (they call it flopping) has came into the game a lot.

40 minutes ago, WCTA said:

I only just found out a couple of years ago it was invented by a Scotsman in Ramycountry. 

Water polo originated in Glasgow.

We're great at inventing sports for other countries to beat us at :(

Edited by Toepoke

5 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Top drawer at snooker, dominoes and darts. All games where the talents are honed in boozers. 😂

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

They stopped playing it as much here as all the do gooders kept moaning about the amount of horses that drowned.