Terry Jones - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

12 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Well done.

I knew you would trawl that one.

I'm happy to meet you for a friendly pint at any mutually convenient time to clear it all up. I'm certain that your online profile is nothing like the day-to-day man.

How about it?

Trawl? You made offensive posts on the Cancer thread, then just ignored it when I asked WTF?  That is why we fell out. Anyway who cares. I think you are an officious little  fud at this point. If you want to meet PM me.

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Trawl? You made offensive posts on the Cancer thread, then just ignored it when I asked WTF?  That is why we fell out. Anyway who cares. I think you are an officious little  fud at this point. If you want to meet PM me.

Offensive posts on a cancer thread?

Away and do one you. 

I've given you the benefit of a lot of doubt to date.

That one's over the line.

Yeah the cancer thread, where you said I was 56 years old...

... based on me saying on an other thread, that a song that was a UK No 1 in the week of my birth had yodeling in it...

and then Orraloon incorrectly guessing the song and year which you then assumed was correct and incorrectly deduced I was 56. 

Yodeling??!

52 minutes ago, thplinth said:

... based on me saying on an other thread, that a song that was a UK No 1 in the week of my birth had yodeling in it...

and then Orraloon incorrectly guessing the song and year which you then assumed was correct and incorrectly deduced I was 56. 

Yodeling??!

Ahem. And exactly what is wrong with being 56 yrs old ? 😗 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

As an aside I thought Spike Milligan's sketch shows were more watchable than Pythons. Similar brand of comedy.

I've never found Spike Milligan remotely funny and couldn't watch any of the 'Q' series.

However, around the same time as they were out - late 1970s - I read his books and thought they were all excellent.  

10 hours ago, thplinth said:

Yodeling??!

I remember thaaat

To be fair to Barney, it was a easy mistake to make considering that I almost never get anything wrong.

28 minutes ago, aaid said:

I've never found Spike Milligan remotely funny and couldn't watch any of the 'Q' series.

However, around the same time as they were out - late 1970s - I read his books and thought they were all excellent.  

Yes his books were a good read. He lived an interesting life. Not all wine and roses at all. 

Edited by EddardStark

1 hour ago, Huddersfield said:

I'll let you know next year ;) Or I suppose I could ask Mrs H. Did I ever mention I'm a toyboy?

No . You didnt. Im on my way . Be there in 20 hr 56 min. I knew that damned gym training would come in handy 😁

528DA3F1-D463-4A4C-A7D5-B28C14B27BDE.png

1 hour ago, aaid said:

I remember getting taught Spike Milligan poems at primary school and enjoyed them. I clearly remember On the Ning Nang Nong. Had absolutely  no idea what it was about but liked it. 

14 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

We get it thplinth.

You don't like Monty Python. Fair enough, that's fine.

However the thread is about Terry Jones' passing, not Monty Python.

Please stop being thprick.

Its evolved though.

A thread about a dead celebrity that no one has ever met always will evolve into something else. Jones is dead, I don't think he will mind.

6 hours ago, EddardStark said:

As an aside I thought Spike Milligan's sketch shows were more watchable than Pythons. Similar brand of comedy.

Probably because they were admirers of Milligan and he had the biggest influence on what was to become Monty Python 

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

Its evolved though.

A thread about a dead celebrity that no one has ever met always will evolve into something else. Jones is dead, I don't think he will mind.

Aye, its evolved into a Monty Python sketch and a dead OP.
Has anyone heard from Barney ? 

Very much still alive despite the score from Arbroath.

Happy for threads to evolve due to mature debate and contributions. That's normal.

That wasn't the case in this instance, hence the post that Kumnio quoted.

Today's a new day with other challenges though, so let's move onto those.

Edited by Barney Rubble

6 hours ago, kumnio said:

Its evolved though.

Can't remember exactly who it was that had died but years back someone who wasn't universally popular had died and was getting a bit of a slagging on here and someone seriously suggested people should stop because one of their family might read it on here.

i don't think were even Scottish or had anything to do with football so the chances of any family being on here would be slim to say the least.