Brian Rice - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

25 minutes ago, aaid said:

The rationale behind banning betting on all football is because those people in the game have contacts throughout the game and so could be party to information that wasn't in the oubliette domain.  A bit like insider dealing.    I'm not sure I necessarily agree with it, but that's the reason. 

Aye it's a weird one. Cowdenbeath's right-back is banned from betting on Liverpool's next Champions League match, but the guy who plays snooker with Andy Robertson's cousin has heard that Mo Salah is likely to win his race to be fit so...

They say we're all connected to everyone else via 7 steps so you'd think common sense should apply.  Impossible to effectively police it anyway - "Go put that coupon on for me..."

I wonder if the same thing applies in other sports?  The likes of horse racing must be wide open to abuse.

12 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Aye it's a weird one. Cowdenbeath's right-back is banned from betting on Liverpool's next Champions League match, but the guy who plays snooker with Andy Robertson's cousin has heard that Mo Salah is likely to win his race to be fit so...

They say we're all connected to everyone else via 7 steps so you'd think common sense should apply.  Impossible to effectively police it anyway - "Go put that coupon on for me..."

I wonder if the same thing applies in other sports?  The likes of horse racing must be wide open to abuse.

Jockeys and I think trainers and stable staff aren't allowed to bet but I don't think there's any restrictions on owners.   Then again the whole point of Horse Racing is betting.

50 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Another whodunnit for Scottish football to disect. 

If it can be done in private, then it should be done in private to save the media being able to question it all  

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/sfa-chiefs-secret-gambling-ban-21412212.amp

?????????

Edited by Orraloon