Kilmarnock houses - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kilmarnock houses

Any input from Kilmarnock-based Tambers or those with Kilmarnock connections appreciated.

with no previous connections to the town, wife and I moved to Knockentiber 7 years ago. We like it but are moving to bigger house. Five year old goes to Crosshouse Primary which is a good wee school. Put an offer in on house behind Gargieston which is nice enough but not perfect. We’re committed to a viewing last night so went anyway and loved it. But it’s in Crookedholm and know nothing about the area. 
anyone know Crookedholm or Hurlford area? Schools wise? Anything else? Sorry for Mumsnet type message but still better than crap you get from certain posters!

1 hour ago, duncan II said:

Any input from Kilmarnock-based Tambers or those with Kilmarnock connections appreciated.

with no previous connections to the town, wife and I moved to Knockentiber 7 years ago. We like it but are moving to bigger house. Five year old goes to Crosshouse Primary which is a good wee school. Put an offer in on house behind Gargieston which is nice enough but not perfect. We’re committed to a viewing last night so went anyway and loved it. But it’s in Crookedholm and know nothing about the area. 
anyone know Crookedholm or Hurlford area? Schools wise? Anything else? Sorry for Mumsnet type message but still better than crap you get from certain posters!

A very good and old friend of mine is the headmistress at Crosshouse Primary, she'll be delighted to hear that you you rate it.  

Crookedholm was a right rough cooncil scheme in the 70’s but by the late 80s parts had been knocked down and rebuilt. Not sure what it looks like these days, sorry.

Took the Mrs to Paris for her 30th and we were wandering around after an amazing Malaysian meal looking for the Louvre as I’d read there was a cool cocktail bar overlooking the glass pyramid. Young French couple overheard us and gave directions. They’d not heard of this new bar but were interested so said if it existed they’d buy us a drink, which they did. Over the drinks she said she’d been in Scotland once as her flat mate at Uni in Manchester was Scottish and she went up for a Hogmanay. I asked where she visited. She replied I probably hadn’t heard of the area but it was in Kilmarnock, called Crookedholm 😂😂😂😂😂

Small world.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 9:11 AM, duncan II said:

If it's non dom, then it'll be the new Killie Academy the kids will go to which looks a decent new school.

Only thing I really know about Crookedholm is the Wellington Inn but no been in there in years.

Good for commuting if you work in Glasgow though.

I'd have gone for Gargie if you are basing it on area/school plus its a few mins walk from RP!

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Ha, I think you might be too old!

She did teach Naisy, his sister and his missus though (and her twin)

If she only taught at the Academy then I am too old as that opened a few years after I left the High School.

On 1/18/2020 at 10:46 AM, killiefaetheferry said:

I now teach in a school called St Joseph’s 😂😇

I’m a pure reformed character so am ur.

Only RC school in E Ayrshire. Did hear kids split 50/50 between supporting Killie and Tic????

2 hours ago, teecee- said:

Only RC school in E Ayrshire. Did hear kids split 50/50 between supporting Killie and Tic????

They have a Kilmarnock Supporters Club based in the school. A lot of the boys I go to the football with went to the Joes.

I went to St Andrews in Saltcoats and there were quite a few Killie fans in my year. The national team manager also went there but before my time!