What preparation do we do for march - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What preparation do we do for march

Bonny79

This has been bugging me.   I guess most teams will be playing friendlies while we are in NL playoffs.... but we don't get a chance of a wam-up.

Suppose this is what happens in a new tournament.   Vital for us.   Most nations won't give a...

45 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

This has been bugging me.   I guess most teams will be playing friendlies while we are in NL playoffs.... but we don't get a chance of a wam-up.

Suppose this is what happens in a new tournament.   Vital for us.   Most nations won't give a...

Think we’ve just got to be grateful we still have a chance of qualifying. 

23 minutes ago, Stuart87 said:

Think we’ve just got to be grateful we still have a chance of qualifying. 

Oh yes, I am.

I realized way back this was an open door.   Then we got an away draw in Norway/Serbia to get to Hampden 😖

But it's still the best shot in ages

Ideally there would be a pre March friendly but it would likely be of no benefit as it would be plagued by call offs from the usual suspects with so many important League and European games ahead.

So it would not really benefit Clarke if he was seeking to select the same side as for the Israel game.

Edited by Catchart Circle

22 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

There used to be a friendly week in February but that got scrapped a while ago.

On 1/18/2020 at 7:17 PM, Grim Jim said:

Israel will be in the same boat so it’s not really a big deal. 

It’s also not a new tournament. The playoffs have just been moved from November to March to make way for the qualifiers which were delayed because of the Nations League. 

It would be good if the SPFL could postpone the fixtures the weekend before the playoffs so our Scotland based players can meet up early though. Not sure if that will happen though and even if it does it won’t help our England (or elsewhere) based players. 

We really should have enough to beat Israel at home (where have I heard that before? 😂) and that game should really serve as a warm up for the playoff final.