flights to play offs - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

flights to play offs

tartan davie

I would exercise a note of caution for anyone depending on this charter guys.

It will be dependent on numbers and may not take off atall (no pun meant) if past experience is anything to go by.

I was booked on a day trip to Kaunus for the game in 2003. Around a month or so before the game I received a letter from the tour company with a refund advising that due to insufficient numbers it was not financially viable for them to go ahead.

Of course the passenger list could have been added to in that month but it would have been worse to wait until the last minute and least I was able to make alternative travel plans.

Ramsey World Travel originally had three charters for the game in Moldova - one flight each from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen.

Again due to numbers two were cancelled and we were all put on a single flight from Glasgow.

So I would say don't put all your eggs in one basket and research a back up plan just in case - which could of course prove more expensive.

3 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

I would exercise a note of caution for anyone depending on this charter guys.

It will be dependent on numbers and may not take off atall (no pun meant) if past experience is anything to go by.

I was booked on a day trip to Kaunus for the game in 2003. Around a month or so before the game I received a letter from the tour company with a refund advising that due to insufficient numbers it was not financially viable for them to go ahead.

Of course the passenger list could have been added to in that month but it would have been worse to wait until the last minute and least I was able to make alternative travel plans.

Ramsey World Travel originally had three charters for the game in Moldova - one flight each from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen.

Again due to numbers two were cancelled and we were all put on a single flight from Glasgow.

So I would say don't put all your eggs in one basket and research a back up plan just in case - which could of course prove more expensive.

I booked this for 3 of us a few weeks back and at that point he said it was looking close to being confirmed due to take up, impressive considering it was a few weeks shy of pay day.