Scotland Six Nations Squad - Page 3 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Six Nations Squad


Tartan_Don
 Share

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Disgusting, having lived near Murrayfield for a dozen years this doesn’t surprise me unfortunately 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51430337

What doesnt surprise you? A bottle landing near the england team? No evidence it was thrown? The booing of farrell? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

What doesnt surprise you? A bottle landing near the england team? No evidence it was thrown? The booing of farrell? 

 

Chucking stuff at anyone obviously isn't right but booing? Really? Jack Clarke was booed at our game yesterday from the minute he came on as sub every time he got near the ball for no other reason than he kept the bench warm at Leeds half a dozen times. At this rate we are going to end up so hamstrung about what we can & can't do that watching sport will have about as much passion as watching a ballet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/9/2020 at 9:48 AM, Huddersfield said:

Chucking stuff at anyone obviously isn't right but booing? Really? Jack Clarke was booed at our game yesterday from the minute he came on as sub every time he got near the ball for no other reason than he kept the bench warm at Leeds half a dozen times. At this rate we are going to end up so hamstrung about what we can & can't do that watching sport will have about as much passion as watching a ballet.

The more I thought about it, the more I thought Jones' rant just deflected from a less than impressive performance from the team that is apparently going to become the greatest the world has ever seen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2020 at 8:40 PM, Duncan Blackheart said:

I’m a bit of a traditionalist in that I won’t boo the kicker - I just think it’s a bit naff. However, if they sclaff it wide, I am not averse to cheering. 

At Murrayfield, the booing starts when the crowd is of the opinion that the kicker has been faffing about for too long. It's something that needs to be looked at - the time limits that are meant to be in place aren't enforced, as was obvious on Saturday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/12/2020 at 8:53 AM, biffer said:

At Murrayfield, the booing starts when the crowd is of the opinion that the kicker has been faffing about for too long. It's something that needs to be looked at - the time limits that are meant to be in place aren't enforced, as was obvious on Saturday.

Plus, Farrell is a cock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Expecting a tough game as ever and has been said the Italian team will have been targeting this more than any other for a win.. 

Not surprising given they more than match the Scottish player pool both professionals and other . Doesn’t mean Scotland doesn’t have more historical stuff just Italy has ten times the population. 
 

Still enjoy how Scotland trying to play and the Italian team have some stars coming on as well as a likely cameo ( is that Italian!) performance from Parisse , one of my all time faves. 
 

42-30 Scotland 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

A win's a win, I suppose but still far too many basic mistakes. And the kicking was awful.

Id give weir a chance instead of hastings because hastings is pish. 

Ita insane how much we miss russell. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

To be fair, we weren't much better with Russell in the team. We are just pretty pish.

I disagree. Russell is one of the most creative players around, he would make a difference and we are much better with him dictating play

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I disagree. Russell is one of the most creative players around, he would make a difference and we are much better with him dictating play

I agree that Russell is the far better player but I'm not sure Scotland play any better when he is in the team. Or any worse for that matter. I think we have the players to compete with most teams, but we just continue to make far too many basic mistakes. It must be really frustrating for Townsend to watch these good players making schoolboy errors. It isn't his job to coach international players how to pick a ball up, or how to ground the ball over the line, or how to kick to touch.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...