Scotland Six Nations Squad - Page 10 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Six Nations Squad

Tartan_Don

Fuck them !!! Yasssssssss🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I thought England were the better team, no other reason. 

Ah OK, I thought I must have missed something. 

I thought it was a really close game that could have gone either way. For once Scotland managed to sneak it.

26 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I thought it was a really close game that could have gone either way. For once Scotland managed to sneak it.

England dominated possession but that was it. Scotland managed the game well

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

England dominated possession but that was it. Scotland managed the game well

Aye, I thought we managed the game very well. Our defence was pretty good. I thought we were in control of the game right up until we gave away that penalty with about 3 minutes to go. Then I thought " Oh no, here we go again".  😂

Don't think the new rules have helped the scrum one little bit. 

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Don't think the new rules have helped the scrum one little bit. 

It was the ball-held-up on the line one that was new to me.   What is it, a free kick to the defending team rather than a 5m scrum or something?   Am I making stuff up; can't keep up with the rule changes?

I know they try to keep it interesting, but were they getting bored with pressure on the try line?

I always watch the X-nations, but have to work out what's changed every year.   Spent most of the game shouting at the ref 🤬 😇

6 hours ago, jailender said:

The scrum rules are complete shut. They don't even pretend the ball goes in straight anymore, it's just a free ball. Rubbish 

Except it takes about 5 minutes to do it, and it mostly ends up as a penalty one way or the other..

They should go to an american football style "scrum" where the hooker just throws the ball back to the scrum half. 

10 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

It was the ball-held-up on the line one that was new to me.   What is it, a free kick to the defending team rather than a 5m scrum or something?   Am I making stuff up; can't keep up with the rule changes?

I know they try to keep it interesting, but were they getting bored with pressure on the try line?

I always watch the X-nations, but have to work out what's changed every year.   Spent most of the game shouting at the ref 🤬 😇

Aye, it's a drop out from the goal line.

It's also now a drop out from the goal line (instead of from the 22 m line) if you ground the ball over your own goal line. I'm not sure what happens now if you carry the ball over your own goal line then ground it?

On 2/6/2022 at 9:58 AM, Orraloon said:

Having watched the game back yesterday with the benefit of a better vantage point and a sober head, I would like to retract my suggestion that we somehow stole the victory. It was a fantastic defensive performance with clinical execution of the few attacking opportunities we got. Finn's plan to stretch the English backline with crossfield kicks leading to the penalty try was genius thinking. 👍