Scotland Six Nations Squad - Page 9 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Six Nations Squad

Tartan_Don

51 minutes ago, Daz1982 said:

The Irish co-commentator was very biased towards his own country and did not try to hide it, whereas the Scottish equivalent was very neutral and passive throughout.

For me, this sums up the mind set of each nation in a sporting and political sense.

Yet again, we blow it by making a wrong decision/mistake at the critical point of the match, it can’t be coincidence that this happens time and time again!

I've no issues with the Irish Co commentator. It was hardly on a par with Red/Aberdeen TV, Rangers TV or  celtic TV

Tom Boy actually sees shit that didn't happen and makes stuff up

Edited by vanderark14

On 3/14/2021 at 5:09 PM, Daz1982 said:

The Irish co-commentator was very biased towards his own country and did not try to hide it, whereas the Scottish equivalent was very neutral and passive throughout.

For me, this sums up the mind set of each nation in a sporting and political sense.

Yet again, we blow it by making a wrong decision/mistake at the critical point of the match, it can’t be coincidence that this happens time and time again!

Almost mirrors the stereotypical psyches of these two nations.

Good win indeed, I find it amazing how much we run the ball when Russell is not in the team.

France on Friday night let's see if we can field a decent team. All this wrangling with the English clubs and we're going to be penalised for something that was France's fault. 

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Tremendous entertainment that.

Welsh luck ran out with seconds to go but they've been carrying plenty of it!

Aye, they have had a bit of luck but Wales tend to be good enough mentally to take advantage of the luck they get. We often make a mess of it, even when we do get some lucky breaks. 

Wales will probably still win the championship though. France need to beat us, and get a bonus point, and beat us by 20 points. That is all doable but I would still put Wales as slight favourites. We could still get second place if we win by 6 points. France need that bonus point, so it could be an open high scoring game?

Wow just wow

What a performance

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

11 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

We’ve just beaten England and France away in the six nations but still finish 3rd. We’ve just not carried much  luck in Wales game. Fantastic effort tonight. Well done lads. 

Actually we finished 4th.  . Yet closest ever to winning title

38 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

That was absolutely brilliant. 
how the fuck the french guy never kicked the ball out to win the game was mental 

Total brain fart. It was impossible for them to win by enough for the title, not that we're complaining :ok:

Just 6 extra points at the right time away from a grand slam but we finish fourth, absolutely crazy season!

1 hour ago, Grim Jim said:

Oh well.  Enjoyed playing that back this morning.

We'll walk this next year :whistling:

I'm just glad we are allowed talk about the score now. :lol:

I was half hoping Van der Merwe would try to run it out of the end zone, instead of kicking it out, to see if we could sneak another try. Probably just as well he didn't. :lol:

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

I'm just glad we are allowed talk about the score now. :lol:

I was half hoping Van der Merwe would try to run it out of the end zone, instead of kicking it out, to see if we could sneak another try. Probably just as well he didn't. :lol:

When I posted last night I actually thought I knew the score. I'd tried iPlayer, but instead of the game, after match chat came up with the score in the corner. I was ragin' and switched off quickly, before the buffering blurriness cleared. As I thought it said 23-26 I was right confused watching the last 10mins this morning. Especially with the clock stopped with 17secs to go at 23-20 😅