Scotland Six Nations Squad - Page 8 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Six Nations Squad

Tartan_Don

Jeremy Guscott is a total cunt it's a sending off according to him, I wonder if he would be saying that if it was an England player, I doubt it n now I'm wondering why I'm still watching, time to turn the telly over I'm not listening to that anti Scottish prick

Edited by jcs

Game turned on a couple of moments. Disallowed try was gutting, I'm not sure how intentional the blocking was, Fagerson might have got the benefit of the doubt with his challenge, Hogg might not have lost his footing when it looked like he had broken through the Welsh defence. Disappointed that we couldn't build on last week, test of character coming up in the next game.

Defeat from Victory and all that.

Really enjoyed watching that game . At times it was a reminder of why I do also love rugby. The Welsh defending was awesome at times and the decision to not take an easy 3 points for a 17 point lead made sense at the time too. A fine line between that correctly disallowed try and not , the IMO correct red card and then there’s the new Welsh wonder  Rees-Zammit.

I could not help but cheer his kick and chase try,  beating for gas two of the hottest backs in Europe at least in Hogg and VDM with the bounce of the ball too. 

Told my Welsh neighbour at half time it was still all to play for but he didn’t think so for some reason . But we support Scotland and know better.

what odds for the championship now ? 

14 hours ago, Shaundy said:

Defeat from Victory and all that.

Really enjoyed watching that game . At times it was a reminder of why I do also love rugby. The Welsh defending was awesome at times and the decision to not take an easy 3 points for a 17 point lead made sense at the time too. A fine line between that correctly disallowed try and not , the IMO correct red card and then there’s the new Welsh wonder  Rees-Zammit.

I could not help but cheer his kick and chase try,  beating for gas two of the hottest backs in Europe at least in Hogg and VDM with the bounce of the ball too. 

Told my Welsh neighbour at half time it was still all to play for but he didn’t think so for some reason . But we support Scotland and know better.

what odds for the championship now ? 

I think France will win it this year and they're going to wipe the floor with us in Paris. 

We had an opportunity to build on a phenomenal start but blew it with ill discipline.

16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I think France will win it this year and they're going to wipe the floor with us in Paris. 

We had an opportunity to build on a phenomenal start but blew it with ill discipline.

What is it , 1999 I think since last Paris win . Gonna have a couple on Scotland still but agree the French are favourite. 
This squad can actually put out a team to give anyone a game. 

13 hours ago, Shaundy said:

What is it , 1999 I think since last Paris win . Gonna have a couple on Scotland still but agree the French are favourite. 
This squad can actually put out a team to give anyone a game. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56084565

France squad isolating

Regards Fagerson’s ban it seems that rugby judges are just like the legal ones. They consider their supremacy as paramount not the laws and judgment. So if you don’t kiss arse and say ‘fair cop ‘ that so upsets them that you will be disproportionately punished for having the audacity to challenge their omnipotence. 
ah well.

apparently the French have twigged this amongst others. 

As someone who only follows rugby from a distance, is it run by the French federation in the northern hemisphere?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56166934

Glasgow had to forfeit a Champions Cup game through no fault of their own and now there's a chance Scotland might suffer because the French team is full of COVID?

3 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

As someone who only follows rugby from a distance, is it run by the French federation in the northern hemisphere?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56166934

Glasgow had to forfeit a Champions Cup game through no fault of their own and now there's a chance Scotland might suffer because the French team is full of COVID?

Different sport, but you might remember the ‘one team in Tallin ‘ game . They changed their own rules to force the rearranged game which of course we dropped points at. Scotland just aren’t important enough. There are other examples.

Am glad the game is on , hopefully. 
Welsh neighbour again is feeling doubtful playing England as they only beat 14 men against Ireland and Scotland. I reckon they’ve a great chance and will once again have lots of Lions in the team . 
Rory Best had an article about the choices needed made between making this remain a skill and technical game or moving more toward athletic specimen chess like Ami football. The sort of game where physical damage is compulsory. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56196639

Postponed. Scotland potentially disadvantaged, although I suppose that depends how many French players would still be out with COVID in a week. Although I don't see why they can't just do what the Czech football team had to do when we played them.

• 3 weeks later...

The Irish co-commentator was very biased towards his own country and did not try to hide it, whereas the Scottish equivalent was very neutral and passive throughout.

For me, this sums up the mind set of each nation in a sporting and political sense.

Yet again, we blow it by making a wrong decision/mistake at the critical point of the match, it can’t be coincidence that this happens time and time again!

Edited by Daz1982