Oli McBurnie - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oli McBurnie

0Neils40yarder

31 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Starting and scoring for a team riding high in one of the top leagues in the World... But according to the TA worthies on here, he's pish and we're better off with Shankland fae the juniorsĀ 

He's been pish anytime he's played for us but give him his dues he's scoring goals and doing well for Sheffield United. He's going to be in our squads for a long time so I wish him all the best and hopefully he can fire us towards the euros.

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Snodgrass scores as well and still ppl think we don't have decent players to choose from. We have some good players playing well in the epl and for Celtic in Europe. Clarke Should be able to get a decent team together for march and give us a good chance of going through.

Clarke can't pick Snodgrass

If he goes on a run of games where he doesn't look like a competition winner, then fine, people will reconsider their opinions that he is pretty fucking shite.

He has played 889 league minutes, across 20 games, and has scored 4 goals, pure dead brilliant stats.

Guest ElChris04

Watched the full game, fleck was class. Got the best out of McBurnie with link up play.. just so happens heā€™s also Scottish and could get the key we are missing to unlocking McBurnie.Ā 
Ā 

If weā€™re playing McBurnie in the playoffs I hope Steve Clarke starts fleck in the first team with him, itā€™s an absolute MUST If we are to hopefully seeĀ theĀ Sheffield Utd version of McBurnie in a Scotland shirt. Mental if we start one and not both when both know each other like the back of there hand.Ā 

McBurnie is an interesting option but it is obvious he is far better when he plays with a partner and actually has licence to roam into different areas of the pitch. I think he is more than just a focal point front man, he likes to move wide, likes to find space and makes some good runs. He isn't a target man as such, his lanky frame kind of makes us think this is what he is. He finds space well and takes up good positions when he is given more of a licence to roam from the Centre Forward position. Would like to see him up front beside someone and with Fleck in the Midfield behind him as they link well

Ā 

Eta... Sheff Utd have nailed the 352 formation it really suits them and their players and definitely suits McBurnie playing with a partner up front

Edited by bazmidd

10 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

McBurnie is an interesting option but it is obvious he is far better when he plays with a partner and actually has licence to roam into different areas of the pitch. I think he is more than just a focal point front man, he likes to move wide, likes to find space and makes some good runs. He isn't a target man as such, his lanky frame kind of makes us think this is what he is. He finds space well and takes up good positions when he is given more of a licence to roam from the Centre Forward position. Would like to see him up front beside someone and with Fleck in the Midfield behind him as they link well

Ā 

Eta... Sheff Utd have nailed the 352 formation it really suits them and their players and definitely suits McBurnie playing with a partner up front

An alarm just went off in the bat cavešŸ¤£

One goal that he done his best to miss and we are all wrong?Ā 
I think he is absolutely shocking.

Never seen anyone miss so many chances before in the premier league. I watch a lot of full match highlights of Scotland players and he remains one of the guys im genuinely perplexed about how he has made it to the premier league.

Add in he doesnā€™t really like playing for us and thatā€™s all that needs said.

Id rather fletcher and thatā€™s saying something.

1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

Ā 

Yeah I was thinking this. He actually prefers dropping deep rather than being a target man.Ā 
If we play him he either needs to play in a front two or guarantee we have a midfielder that will run beyond him.

If McGinn is fit he could definitely do this. Christie could too but Iā€™d rather have him on the ball trying to create. I donā€™t think we have anotherĀ striker good enough at the moment to play two up.Ā 

So itā€™s slightly awkward if we want to play him.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Yeah I was thinking this. He actually prefers dropping deep rather than being a target man.Ā 
If we play him he either needs to play in a front two or guarantee we have a midfielder that will run beyond him.

If McGinn is fit he could definitely do this. Christie could too but Iā€™d rather have him on the ball trying to create. I donā€™t think we have anotherĀ striker good enough at the moment to play two up.Ā 

So itā€™s slightly awkward if we want to play him.Ā 

I reckon Christie upfront with mcburnie might work.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

It's a shame because he's doing reasonably well for west ham and is only 32. If we could get him to play well in a Scotland shirt again then he would be a real asset.

Thats down to snodgrass himself, he didn't want to put in the extra effort of travelling to or with scotland to play for Scotland

49 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I reckon Christie upfront with mcburnie might work.

I agree, christie must play in the support role like mcginn has recently.Ā 

I really hope Fraser is fit too because we are fecked withiout him, mcginn and mctominey

Ā