Oli McBurnie - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oli McBurnie

0Neils40yarder

Hopefully that's him finished with us.

James McCarthy tried to pull a fast one with Ireland earlier this week. Ireland made him go over to get checked by their medical team and lo and behold who was training like a dream yesterday but the bold James McCarthy.

Time the SFA grew a set of balls and started making "injured" players get checked out.

8 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

James McCarthy tried to pull a fast one with Ireland earlier this week. Ireland made him go over to get checked by their medical team and lo and behold who was training like a dream yesterday but the bold James McCarthy.

Time the SFA grew a set of balls and started making "injured" players get checked out.

id just say feck him... in fact worse than that I’d be tempted to put him the squad, drag him half way round the world without any sniff of a game.

30 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Few Ireland fans on Twitter mentioned the other day that he's never been particularly impressive for Ireland anyway. 

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Apparently it was Sheffield United that made him withdraw from the Scotland squad (most likely to play in this game).

sounds like the Steven Fletcher incident all over again.

Pretty poor IMO. McBurnie could have said to the manager that he wanted to be involved with Scotland. As an official tournament, Wilder would have to accept it.  He has always said positive things about Scotland ( including wearing a Scotland kit at school in Leeds) but unfortunately his arse is out the window this time. 

6 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Pretty poor IMO. McBurnie could have said to the manager that he wanted to be involved with Scotland. As an official tournament, Wilder would have to accept it.  He has always said positive things about Scotland ( including wearing a Scotland kit at school in Leeds) but unfortunately his arse is out the window this time. 

Played 45 minutes too, seemingly, so he obviously wasn't just there as an emergency.

Very disappointing, and after Steve Clarke lavished praise on him in his press conference last week too.

8 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Get him tae fuck.

Useless player anyway, hope he never gets called up again.

I doubt that will happen. Unless Clarke is as pissed of with him tonight as the fans are?

Would be interesting to hear what Clarke thinks of him playing 45 minutes tonight.

Ok so it was a glorified training match but McBurnie is obviously not injured if he managed 45 minutes. 

47 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

A club would never try that with an England player  (the player’s agent would go mental), so it shouldn’t happen for us. McBurine should make a stand or fuck off. 

At a passing glance it seems England can count on a mostly motivated and passionate squad of players who look forward to playing for them. 

We on the other hand always seem to have a bunch of players who view playing for Scotland as a chore that they can occasionally skip

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

At a passing glance it seems England can count on a mostly motivated and passionate squad of players who look forward to playing for them. 

We on the other hand always seem to have a bunch of players who view playing for Scotland as a chore that they can occasionally skip

I’m afraid that is correct.

Bit bizarre but seen this

Speaking after the full-time whistle, Wilder explained: "I spoke to Steve [Clarke] beforehand and he agreed with us that given where Oli is at, he was better off being with us and doing this.

"He was happy with everything and we kept him fully informed of everything."

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

I doubt that will happen. Unless Clarke is as pissed of with him tonight as the fans are?

Would be interesting to hear what Clarke thinks of him playing 45 minutes tonight.

Ok so it was a glorified training match but McBurnie is obviously not injured if he managed 45 minutes. 

One of the biggest problems I have with international Football is you won't hear what Clarke or McBurnie think. 

From what I can see this was a case of "injury management" by Sheffield UTD and or McBurnie. I doubt very much he would play an EPL game this weekend if there was one.

Basically we need a manager who can sort this out either through motivation or discipline . I can see McBurnie and/ or Fraser getting thrown under the bus after this.