Oli McBurnie - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oli McBurnie

0Neils40yarder

What are you boys on...

the video was inconclusive and he apologised for any misunderstandingĀ 

he went to a game with his mates and made some gestures....... so what..we all do that

we have no forwards and has not played much for us or Shef Utd.

When he does play he works very hard, is aggressive with defenders and has an eye for goal.

he is an established goal scorer in the championship and working up to the EPL but like any striker he needs a run of games

we need ever decent player especially up front. So get over this push.

PS i cant condone the drink driver....he is a wanker for that...

2 hours ago, sandyb said:

What are you boys on...

he went to a game with his mates and made some gestures....... so what..we all do that

When he does play he works very hard, is aggressive with defenders and has an eye for goal.

he is an established goal scorer in the championship and working up to the EPL but like any striker he needs a run of games

Tbh I was only joking with my comments, mcburnie has been poor for Scotland but so has many others and we don't exactly have many great strikers playing at a high level so I will support his inclusion in the squad although I feel that Naismith played quite well in the last games and I would probably prefer him or shankland starting up front for us atm.

3 hours ago, sandyb said:

What are you boys on...

Couldnā€™tĀ give a Donald Duck about any of his misdemeanours but unfortunately at international level the guy is a waste of a jersey, has he even had a shot on target in a Scotland game?. I genuinely canā€™t think of less worthy player to be capped multiple times

6 hours ago, Farcity said:

Forgetting the fact that he appears to be a complete bellend, he is absolutely shite. Why on earth wouldn't he get stick? He's like s poor man's Connor Sammon for fuck sake.Ā 

If he's 'absolutely shite' then we're in even worse shape then I thought, considering he plays regular club football at a much better standard then every other centre-forward we currently have.

Christ, we've had people like Eamonn Brophy and Marc McNulty feature up front for us recently, for fuck's sake - but it's McBurnie who gets singled out and castigated for being 'shite'. :lol:

The criticism he gets is way beyond what it should be.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by scotlad

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

Couldnā€™tĀ give a Donald Duck about any of his misdemeanours but unfortunately at international level the guy is a waste of a jersey, has he even had a shot on target in a Scotland game?. I genuinely canā€™t think of less worthy player to be capped multiple times

Mcburnie is far from ideal but your last sentence is beyond dramatic.Ā 

6 hours ago, sandyb said:

What are you boys on...

If he's got an eye for goal it must be a fkin gless wan.

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

Stephen Oā€™Donnell is a pub league player and has a half dozen caps with a highlight reel of shocking performances. Probably less deservingĀ 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Think O'Donnell has more attempts at goal for Scotland to be fair.Ā 

Clear this up for me. I know this is off topic but Iā€™m walking past a boozer in South Peru near the Chile border and I hear Biffy Clyro. Now, I post ot on pus book as Killieā€™s finest but a friend says they are Ayr. Youā€™re the man to help me here....

5 hours ago, WCTA said:

Clear this up for me. I know this is off topic but Iā€™m walking past a boozer in South Peru near the Chile border and I hear Biffy Clyro. Now, I post ot on pus book as Killieā€™s finest but a friend says they are Ayr. Youā€™re the man to help me here....

The singer is from Ayr. The bassist and drummer are Killie fans.Ā 

Aye Ben and James are big Killie fans.

Ben in particular is at games home and away regular.

That's them arriving at Ibrox when we won there under Clarke.

Related image

Ā 

Image result for ben biffy clyro killie

He's usually in the stands with the plebs though but I'm guessing he was in Directors box that night as the singer (from Prestwick not Ayr is a hun) but the twins are massive Killie fans from Fenwick.

Was a cracking photo with him in the away end at Hamilton I think it was going nuts when we scored but I can't find it just now. Really nice guy and 100% not Ayr!

27 minutes ago, dan cake said:

okay, name a forward who has been capped 9 times or more and never had a shot on target?

Thats not what you said, you said I genuinely canā€™t think of less worthy player to be capped multiple times

Mcburnie isn't perfect and many don't rate him, I get that but Scotland is littered with player throughout history who are even less deserving of a cap.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Ho many caps did Griffiths take to score for us?

Mcburnie has his faults but the stick he is getting is OTT in my opinion

I donā€™t think itā€™s OTT at all.Ā 

Heā€™s clearly a clown, average at his profession & doesnā€™t want to play for Scotland.

Embarassing we even bother with him given the above.Ā 

14 hours ago, scotlad said:

The criticism he gets is way beyond what it should be.

Spot on.Ā  I struggle to warm to him but he is clearly one of our best forward options - although it is probably our weakest position.

I'm not sure we play a system that works best for McBurnie but I don't think it would take much tweaking to make it work.

He has 9 caps for us, starting 4 times.Ā  I don't think he's played 90 minutes once.Ā  We lost 7 of the 9 matches - but I'm not sure we can blame him solely for any of them.

Personally, I think he'll score goals for us. Not loads but he'll do alright in the end.Ā Ā 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

At least he scored for us!

He didn't !

The SFA still persist in claiming we won 4-0 against the Hong Kong national team (in which Kyle scored) but the truth of the matter is that it was actually a Hong Kong League XI side, and one of their players was a Scot !Ā 

The SFA at the time were desperate for Berti to get his first a victory after I think it was four defeats in a row and arranged that pointless game. FIFA don't recognise it as an official international..

Edited by ErsatzThistle

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Ho many caps did Griffiths take to score for us?

Mcburnie has his faults but the stick he is getting is OTT in my opinion

Griffiths played about 12 times before he scored for us.Ā 

Off the pitch he also occasionally acted in a manner contrary to the impeccable moral standards of the TAMB (like going to football matches with his pals on his days off and noising people up :shocked:).

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Spot on.Ā  I struggle to warm to him but he is clearly one of our best forward options - although it is probably our weakest position.

I'm not sure we play a system that works best for McBurnie but I don't think it would take much tweaking to make it work.

He has 9 caps for us, starting 4 times.Ā  I don't think he's played 90 minutes once.Ā  We lost 7 of the 9 matches - but I'm not sure we can blame him solely for any of them.

Personally, I think he'll score goals for us. Not loads but he'll do alright in the end.Ā Ā 

From what I've seen of him he seems to be a penalty box poacher kind of forward, but we play a system better suited to a hard working centre-forward who brings other players into the game.Ā 

More crucially, one of our many problems is we don't actually create all that many chances, but we can't blame the centre-forward for that.