SSC - Renewal? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC - Renewal?

GaryWood34

Convince me to renew? I almost feel obliged to as I have 6 points but do I really need 6 points?

I kept my points ticking over as I felt if we ever qualified for a major tournament I would need points. I got tickets for every euro group game at Hampden without the SFA / SSC. It seems FIFA and UEFA don’t work on fan loyalty.

I’ve been to Wembley to see us twice in the stadium without needing the SSC.

I can’t see any home qualifier selling out within 2 days in the next 10 years. 

I go away once a campaign and tickets don’t look hard to come by.

Am I missing something? Is there a reason why I should renew.

Thanks in advance.

I think you get a £5 discount on home tickets so if you go to 4 home games a year then that's you got your membership fee back. But you're right, the benefits are marginal. You should also think about all those exciting SFA emails you would be missing out on.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I think you get a £5 discount on home tickets so if you go to 4 home games a year then that's you got your membership fee back. But you're right, the benefits are marginal. You should also think about all those exciting SFA emails you would be missing out on.

I'm also letting my membership lapse.  I'm pretty sure I'll continue to get emails from the SFA though.

44 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Whats the uptake been like this time ?

I think if we don't qualify for 2020 that'll be the final straw for a lot of folk.

If we don't qualify this time, i'll not renew in 2022 and just take my chances on tickets.

It's a habit though and been in for over 2 decades so will find it hard to break.

15 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

I got tickets for every euro group game at Hampden without the SFA / SSC.

You bought them in the general sale instead of the SSC sale?

That would indicate you have missed out on points (if you chose to purchase in the general sale).

6 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

You bought them in the general sale instead of the SSC sale?

That would indicate you have missed out on points (if you chose to purchase in the general sale).

I got 3 x group matches at Hampden for actual Euro 2020 these were not available for sale through the SSC.

Bought season pass for Qualifiers so got points.

Which leads me to conclude that the SSC is a bit redundant nowadays as if we ever do make it to a championship then FIFA and UEFA sell to anyone and points do not come in to it.

Edited by GaryWood34

12 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

I got 3 x group matches at Hampden for actual Euro 2020 these were not available for sale through the SSC.

Bought season pass for Qualifiers so got points.

Which leads me to conclude that the SSC is a bit redundant nowadays as if we ever do make it to a championship then FIFA and UEFA sell to anyone and points do not come in to it.

Understood.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about our qualifying campaign.

I can see people's reasons to question the membership, but I've always considered it worthwhile for the convenience alone.

Home or away; no pissing about; straight in and bought.

I remember when Safeways were a sales outlet for tickets and people were queuing to buy tickets and one fan living down south - who was dead-set against joining the SSC - was driving up to Scotland to queue at a Safeway through the night. I mean c'mon. You can make life easier for yourself.

I realise the team is a long way from those days, of course, but even so.

As for the away matches; do you want to get on and enjoy the start of your trip or do you want to spend your time trying to secure tickets in a foreign city?

What is it? £25 per year? 

Over priced for what we actually receive, but I've seen others charge more.

14 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I can see people's reasons to question the membership, but I've always considered it worthwhile for the convenience alone.

Home or away; no pissing about; straight in and bought.

I remember when Safeways were a sales outlet for tickets and people were queuing to buy tickets and one fan living down south - who was dead-set against joining the SSC - was driving up to Scotland to queue at a Safeway through the night. I mean c'mon. You can make life easier for yourself.

I realise the team is a long way from those days, of course, but even so.

As for the away matches; do you want to get on and enjoy the start of your trip or do you want to spend your time trying to secure tickets in a foreign city?

What is it? £25 per year? 

Over priced for what we actually receive, but I've seen others charge more.

I renewed this morning. So far it’s cost £35.

I will buy the new home top as I’m in Bali this summer so it’s far enough away from home I feel I can wear one haha. So that’ll save some money.

After 20 years this may have to be my last, we will see.

Financially this campaign has been rather hefty.

Last Membership - £45

Qualifying Group - £140(?)

Trains / Booze at least £100 per match 

Playoffs w membership - £55

Euro 2020 tickets in the hope - £150

Fingers crosses this time. 

I renewed this year after saying I wouldn't be.  Basically shat it when I saw that the ticket prices for the Israel game were actually sensible but that looks to have back fired on me seeing how sales have gone.

If we're still properly rank after the next qualifiers run their course then thats me. Done.  I joined after missing out on the Holland play off game after attending all the previous home qualifiers that year.