SSC - Renewal? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC - Renewal?

GaryWood34

20 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

They get paid the same and the same amount of coverage was what I mean.

They play less sets due to physical differences, but they receive equal standing to the men in terms of prize money etc.

Well they shouldn’t. I have no idea what you do for a living, but I assume you’d be pretty pissed off if a woman got the same wage as you, but got to go home an hour or 2 early every day. 

It’s ridiculous, just a pity men do t have the same representation in equal opportunities these days. 

I see there’s works to get an all female fast & furious film made, what the fuck is that all about, as if the birds doing ghostbusters and oceans 8 wasn’t bad enough. 

Just for reference, I’m still awaiting for Hollywood execs to get back to me with my idea for Charlie’s Angels featuring George Clooney, Brad Pitt & Matt Damon, but I’m not holding my breath. 

This world is fucked up. 

Edited by dandydunn

13 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Well they shouldn’t. I have no idea what you do for a living, but I assume you’d be pretty pissed off if a woman got the same wage as you, but got to go home an hour or 2 early every day. 

It’s ridiculous, just a pity men do t have the same representation in equal opportunities these days. 

I see there’s works to get an all female fast & furious film made, what the fuck is that all about, as if the birds doing ghostbusters and oceans 8 wasn’t bad enough. 

Just for reference, I’m still awaiting for Hollywood execs to get back to me with my idea for Charlie’s Angels featuring George Clooney, Brad Pitt & Matt Damon, but I’m not holding my breath. 

This world is fucked up. 

Just wow.

I’m not someone who frequents Facebook, Twitter, social media, etc, so when I hear mention of how vitriolic and sexist it is, and how women are abused on there, I can’t really picture what that looks like. Now I’m starting to see. If this is what someone on a football message board would write, where there is no need for any of us to be showing any kind of prejudice, I hate to think what anonymous trolls on social media can say.

As a tennis fan, if I can try and justify. The money that men and women receive is PRIZE MONEY, for reaching a certain stage of the tournament. It’s not an hourly wage, based on how long they have spent on court. The amount of time spent training, practicing, doing media commitments, etc off the court, is presumably similar for men and women. The fact that women’s bodies are physically not able to play the same length of matches as men, does not mean that they should be penalized and receive less prize money. That would be the very definition of inequality.

And ‘birds doing Ghostbusters.’

You’re not in a pub with your mates in the 1950s. You’re speaking publicly, on an Internet forum in 2020. If those are seriously your views then shame on you, but at least keep them to yourself, where they won’t cause any hurt to other people.

21 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Just wow.

I’m not someone who frequents Facebook, Twitter, social media, etc, so when I hear mention of how vitriolic and sexist it is, and how women are abused on there, I can’t really picture what that looks like. Now I’m starting to see. If this is what someone on a football message board would write, where there is no need for any of us to be showing any kind of prejudice, I hate to think what anonymous trolls on social media can say.

As a tennis fan, if I can try and justify. The money that men and women receive is PRIZE MONEY, for reaching a certain stage of the tournament. It’s not an hourly wage, based on how long they have spent on court. The amount of time spent training, practicing, doing media commitments, etc off the court, is presumably similar for men and women. The fact that women’s bodies are physically not able to play the same length of matches as men, does not mean that they should be penalized and receive less prize money. That would be the very definition of inequality.

You’re not in a pub with your mates in the 1950s. You’re speaking publicly, on an Internet forum in 2020. If those are seriously your views then shame on you, but at least keep them to yourself, where they won’t cause any hurt to other people.

From all that pish, I read: 

Women can’t physically compete as well as men, therefore are the lower gender but rewarded just the same anyway. 

You really are a sexist arsehole, I’ll bet most women on the ATP could smash your arse off a tennis court any day of the week. 

Quite frankly, you disgust me with that attitude, zero respect for their physical abilities. 

edit: I notice you completely avoided my points about men being treated the same as women in Hollywood, why is that? Don’t you think they deserve that at least?

Edited by dandydunn

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

From all that pish, I read: 

Women can’t physically compete as well as men, therefore are the lower gender but rewarded just the same anyway. 

You really are a sexist arsehole, I’ll bet most women on the ATP could smash your arse off a tennis court any day of the week. 

Quite frankly, you disgust me with that attitude, zero respect for their physical abilities. 

edit: I notice you completely avoided my points about men being treated the same as women in Hollywood, why is that? Don’t you think they deserve that at least?

There are no women on the ATP.

5 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

There are no women on the ATP.

Apologies, I don’t follow tennis like you. Whatever their tour is then, but now you’re being pedantic. 

Yet again, you’ve avoided every other valid point because your head has been swayed by what is meant to be right and wrong instead of what is right and wrong. 

To quote Jim Brown, it is education that you need

Martin Luther King was a misguided leader. He worked to be recognized as the leader of black America when what black America needs isn't a leader, it is education.

Just saw the CEO of the FAs National Football Museum on Breakfast TV advising there are plans to have 50-50 representation of both the men and womens game within the next three years.

Nothing wrong with encouraging young girls to take up the game, but sorry whether in England or anywhere else womens footiball does not have anything like the history of the mens game.

I assume our own Museum at Hampden will follow suit.

On 2/19/2020 at 1:58 AM, dohadeer said:

Just wow.

You sound like that fanny who was on social media complaining about JD sports being all sexist due to using a model to advertise the Scotland kit. It wasn't you was it? 

On 2/19/2020 at 3:56 PM, vanderark14 said:

I didn't get a poster 😢

16 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I think it was just junior members that got a poster.

14 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

Aye it was  

Adult members used to receive shirts, badges, DVD's, etc...

Then some miserable sods moaned about the 'tat' and now we get none of it......... But the membership costs more or less the same.

I accept some of the membership packs had some tat in them, but there were some good items too.

2 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Adult members used to receive shirts, badges, DVD's, etc...

Then some miserable sods moaned about the 'tat' and now we get none of it........ But the membership costs more or less the same.

I accept some of the membership packs had some tat in them, but there were some good items too.

Presumably they’ve managed to keep the price more or less the same for 20 odd years by not providing T-shirts etc. anymore. 

in fact I’m pretty sure the price went down for renewing members from £45 to £40 a couple of campaigns ago. They’ve had a few surveys over the years that may have indicated that the majority don’t want the ‘tat’. 

If they were still providing the same type of welcome pack they were around 10-20 years ago then inflation would probably see the membership fee at around £60. That would go down well amongst the dwindling membership.

Plenty of tat on sale on the website for anyone that does want it. 

Just now, Rich NATA said:

They had some good items, but they had some tat and so, I voted against the SSC pack when they did a poll.

Naively, I expected the membership cost to be significantly reduced.

It was, It was reduced by a fiver. Significantly more than the cost of the tat I would think.