SSC - Renewal? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC - Renewal?

GaryWood34

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

How did they identify him from his TAMB profile? Or was it on Twitter? 

Cancelling someone’s membership for being negative about the SSC seems a bit harsh. 

His online name(cannae mind now) was the giveaway it was him I think. The whole thing was a disgrace. Appalling stuff from the goat fuckers at the SFA.

My wee boy received his membership pack this morning and was all excited taking his card into school to show everyone.

Didn't really see the need for the poster to be a mix of the mens and women's teams though. If they want to send a women's pic and letters from the women's manager then fine but at least have separate ones. 

13 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

My wee boy received his membership pack this morning and was all excited taking his card into school to show everyone.

Didn't really see the need for the poster to be a mix of the mens and women's teams though. If they want to send a women's pic and letters from the women's manager then fine but at least have separate ones. 

Not sure it’s a debate for this forum but, go on then, I’ll take the bait.

Why should they have separate posters for the men’s and women’s teams?

20 minutes ago, dohadeer said:

Not sure it’s a debate for this forum but, go on then, I’ll take the bait.

Why should they have separate posters for the men’s and women’s teams?

Because 100% of people pay their money to the SSC to follow the men’s team. That’s entirely it. I also say that as a supporter of womens football at every level. 

1 minute ago, dohadeer said:

That sounds like a really positive thing they’ve done in terms of equality though, I don’t see why you’d think of it as a negative thing?

If you read my post then I said it was fine having the men and women's team represented if they so choose. I just don't think they have to be in the same picture when they're not part of the same team.

2 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

If you read my post then I said it was fine having the men and women's team represented if they so choose. I just don't think they have to be in the same picture when they're not part of the same team.

They’re both the Scotland senior teams though, so I like the idea that they’re promoting/normalising the fact that we should be supporting both teams equally - which I hold my hands up and admit I was guilty of not doing in the past, but I try to do better at now.

1 minute ago, dohadeer said:

They’re both the Scotland senior teams though, so I like the idea that they’re promoting/normalising the fact that we should be supporting both teams equally - which I hold my hands up and admit I was guilty of not doing in the past, but I try to do better at now.

Why should we be supporting bith teams equally? I don't watch women's football at all. Why should I care? I'd rather hear the womens team are doing well but wouldn't sit and watch them.

Should we support the rugby and football teams equally too if we're using that logic? 

2 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Why should we be supporting bith teams equally? I don't watch women's football at all. Why should I care? I'd rather hear the womens team are doing well but wouldn't sit and watch them.

Should we support the rugby and football teams equally too if we're using that logic? 

I don’t see that as the same logic, especially as someone who hates rugby with an absolute passion - especially living in Edinburgh at this time of year (Six Nations time.) I think that not liking a particular sport is fine.

I don’t think that choosing to not support a team based on their gender, is acceptable though. I used to be guilty of doing that, but then I thought of sports like tennis and athletics, where men and women compete on an equal standing, and thought that it’s crazy/not good that football isn’t the same.

34 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Agreed. My wee laddie (through his mum) always got me the official Scotland calendar for my Christmas every year. Told him not to bother the last two years as it was split with the men’s and woman’s team and I wasn’t hanging up pics of lassies I haven’t heard of or care about in the office or garage. 

A small point but one that bugged me. 

6 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Agreed. My wee laddie (through his mum) always got me the official Scotland calendar for my Christmas every year. Told him not to bother the last two years as it was split with the men’s and woman’s team and I wasn’t hanging up pics of lassies I haven’t heard of or care about in the office or garage. 

A small point but one that bugged me. 

Here was me thinking it was 2020......

Come on people.

1 hour ago, dohadeer said:

I don’t see that as the same logic, especially as someone who hates rugby with an absolute passion - especially living in Edinburgh at this time of year (Six Nations time.) I think that not liking a particular sport is fine.

I don’t think that choosing to not support a team based on their gender, is acceptable though. I used to be guilty of doing that, but then I thought of sports like tennis and athletics, where men and women compete on an equal standing, and thought that it’s crazy/not good that football isn’t the same.

Men and women don't compete at an equal standing at tennis. 

When’s the last time you seen two women going 5 sets at Wimbledon?

Edited by dandydunn

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Men and women don't compete at an equal standing at tennis. 

When’s the last time you seen two women going 5 sets at Wimbledon?

They get paid the same and the same amount of coverage was what I mean.

They play less sets due to physical differences, but they receive equal standing to the men in terms of prize money etc.