SSC - Renewal? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SSC - Renewal?

GaryWood34

Thought you only got the £5 discount if your friends and family were a member?
Pretty happy with the £40 membership, it pays for itself if you go to a few games each year .

Ticket prices seem a lot more sensible over the last couple of years, saw a guy on another board raving about how great Murrayfield was but he must be from a different planet as tickets for the 6 Nations start at about £48 and go up to around £150, I think. My mate payed £92 a ticket .

On 1/6/2020 at 12:54 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

If we don't qualify this time, i'll not renew in 2022 and just take my chances on tickets.

It's a habit though and been in for over 2 decades so will find it hard to break.

Yeah we have said the same, didnt make a lot of games last time due to other commitments and lack of enthusiasm at times too. Will see how we go but can't really justify it when you can pick up tickets easily enough now.

• 2 weeks later...

Email just received. They are saying there has been a boo-boo with points and if you think yours may be wrong to get in touch with them. 
What the hell do we pay them for? Surely paying for a service means we shouldn’t have to bother our arse chasing up nonsense like this? 😒

5 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

We're flying to Oslo from London so will be there on the Monday morning. Few not bad options at the moment but guessing the prices will go up nearer the time.

A week ago I priced up one way flights Glasgow- Luton, Luton - Oslo AND  Belgrade for £56 all in. Would have also needed a £65 night stay at Luton for flights to Oslo or Belgrade next morning but could cancel hotel free of charge if we didnt beat  Israel.. Couldnt book last week  as had to wait for husbands holidays to be confirmed. Same flights are now £267. 

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

A week ago I priced up one way flights Glasgow- Luton, Luton - Oslo AND  Belgrade for £56 all in. Would have also needed a £65 night stay at Luton for flights to Oslo or Belgrade next morning but could cancel hotel free of charge if we didnt beat  Israel.. Couldnt book last week  as had to wait for husbands holidays to be confirmed. Same flights are now £267. 

If Serbia beat Norway and we beat Israel then I reckon I will just watch the match on the tv at home and cut my losses on the flights to Oslo. Can't really justify paying for more flights with an inflated price. It's just another example of UEFA not giving a shit about the people who actually go to matches

30 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

If Serbia beat Norway and we beat Israel then I reckon I will just watch the match on the tv at home and cut my losses on the flights to Oslo. Can't really justify paying for more flights with an inflated price. It's just another example of UEFA not giving a shit about the people who actually go to matches

Its really frustrating. Wish I had just booked them last week. We would have been £112 out of pocket if his holidays had been declined, but we would be out of pocket £112 if we dont beat Israel . I didnt think the same flights would be up to £534 within a week.  
Will be disappointing for so many fans having to settle for the TV in such a big game if we do get to the final. There surely has to be some feedback on this. 

52 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I’m still going to Oslo if that happens, fuck it. Weird as fuck but a day scooting around Oslo then watching the game in the boozer isn’t all bad. 

I’ll keep renewing until I no longer want to go to away games. I don’t get all this “it’s easy to get tickets in the home end” patter.

Why would you want to sit in the home end for the sake of saving £20 per year? 

If you don’t go to away games then that’s a different matter. There’s no real benefit to being a member I suppose. Not after the Euro 2020 finals anyway (if we qualify). 

47 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I’ll keep renewing until I no longer want to go to away games. I don’t get all this “it’s easy to get tickets in the home end” patter.

Why would you want to sit in the home end for the sake of saving £20 per year? 

If you don’t go to away games then that’s a different matter. There’s no real benefit to being a member I suppose. Not after the Euro 2020 finals anyway (if we qualify). 

£5 off a ticket for home games covers it. Plus you can watch the unders and women for nothing and with points now for home games you could go to the occasional away game.

18 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

£5 off a ticket for home games covers it. Plus you can watch the unders and women for nothing and with points now for home games you could go to the occasional away game.

True. There is also the discount on Scotland gear so if you buy tops and go to unders/women’s games then it’s well worth it. 

Not sure what people are moaning about. 

12 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

They only want to go to away games?, it was pretty well a closed shop under the old system.

The system for points hasn't really changed. You get 1 more point going away than going to home games. It gave the illusion to no/low pointers they 'might' get a chance for away games now & then. Take Norway as an example, a lot of regular travellers might not even get tickets.

3 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

The system for points hasn't really changed. You get 1 more point going away than going to home games. It gave the illusion to no/low pointers they 'might' get a chance for away games now & then. Take Norway as an example, a lot of regular travellers might not even get tickets.

Of course it will always be the case that almost all ever present travelling support will get  tickets. How ever if two people are equal or close on away points I don't see why home points shouldn't come into it The problem with the old system was that going to an away game every couple of years had you ahead of everyone who hadn't been to any away game.  If we make the play off finals the case is pretty extreme but it does put any one that go's to all the home games further up the points table table than at least some that have been to only one or two away games but very few home games.

I suppose it depends were you draw the line. But if I go to twelve  home games over two years I think I have more right to a ticket for an away game than some one who has gone to three away games and five home games over the same period. As I said the play offs are an extreme case but an important  away qualifier to lets say  Poland might hit the 12 point barrier I think the new system is correct.

Side point I wish we would get rid of laughing and the likes emoji's I really don't see the point.

27 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Of course it will always be the case that almost all ever present travelling support will get  tickets. How ever if two people are equal or close on away points I don't see why home points shouldn't come into it The problem with the old system was that going to an away game every couple of years had you ahead of everyone who hadn't been to any away game.  If we make the play off finals the case is pretty extreme but it does put any one that go's to all the home games further up the points table table than at least some that have been to only one or two away games but very few home games.

I suppose it depends were you draw the line. But if I go to twelve  home games over two years I think I have more right to a ticket for an away game than some one who has gone to three away games and five home games over the same period. As I said the play offs are an extreme case but an important  away qualifier to lets say  Poland might hit the 12 point barrier I think the new system is correct.

Side point I wish we would get rid of laughing and the likes emoji's I really don't see the point.

I agree. :ok:

On 1/29/2020 at 12:12 PM, WCTA said:

Email just received. They are saying there has been a boo-boo with points and if you think yours may be wrong to get in touch with them. 
What the hell do we pay them for? Surely paying for a service means we shouldn’t have to bother our arse chasing up nonsense like this? 😒

I guess our £1.64 per month doesn’t pay for a great IT system. 

On 2/1/2020 at 11:12 PM, WCTA said:

Thousands times £1.64 should definitely be able to find someone capable of keeping tabs of who has attended which games. 😏

A couple of hundred grand a year isn’t going to get much of a computer system once salaries have been paid. There’s bound to be the odd balls up.

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

A couple of hundred grand a year isn’t going to get much of a computer system once salaries have been paid. There’s bound to be the odd balls up.

A couple of hundred grand a year should be suffice to keep a simple data sheet of who has and who doesn’t.